It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyer says James Comey made ‘unauthorized disclosures’ of privileged talks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

His conversation was with the president, not some private citizen. Wouldn't leaking such conversations be illegal considering these conversations concern the government?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Marc Kasowitz is as big a dips#*t as his employer. Not only that, he may be just as big a liar too.

Kasowitz went on national tv to call Comey a liar for stating that it was Trump's tweet, saying that "Comey had better hope there aren't tapes," that triggered him to leak his memos to the media.

Kasowitz goes on to state that the public record shows that The NY Times was reporting on Comey's leaked memos before Trump even made his tweet about there being tapes.

WHICH IS A BALD FACED LIE!

Trump tweeted about the possibility of there being tapes on 5/12 and The NY Times didn't run their first Comey memo story until 5/16.

Don't know who the bigger liar is, Trump or Kasowitz.

One thing is for sure, Trump is wasting $1,500 per hr on some piss poor representation.

Hell, Kellyanne Conway could do that good a job.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
The truth is out there.
The purely partisan Dems don't like the truth.
They are being decimated by the truth.

Of course they wont... It looks like the new bs from the left is Trump is a liar and obstructed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Marc Kasowitz is as big a dips#*t as his employer. Not only that, he may be just as big a liar too.

Kasowitz went on national tv to call Comey a liar for stating that it was Trump's tweet, saying that "Comey had better hope there aren't tapes," that triggered him to leak his memos to the media.

Kasowitz goes on to state that the public record shows that The NY Times was reporting on Comey's leaked memos before Trump even made his tweet about there being tapes.

Trump tweeted about the possibility of there being tapes on 5/12 and The NY Times didn't run their first Comey memo story until 5/16.

One thing is for sure, Trump is wasting $1,500 per hr on some piss poor representation.

And this all means nothing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

There is some confusion on this point because of how the info got reported. The dinner and Trump talking about loyalty is one meeting and the second meeting with just comey and trump in the oval office is where the flynn conversation occurred.

His lawyer got the incidents wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

There is some confusion on this point because of how the info got reported. The dinner and Trump talking about loyalty is one meeting and the second meeting with just comey and trump in the oval office is where the flynn conversation occurred.

His lawyer got the incidents wrong.

That's funny, because I just saw the whole story explained and documented on the Rachael Maddow show without any confusion whatsoever.

Like I said, Kasowitz is about as competent as his employer.

For $1,500 an hr, I would expect my representation to make damn sure they've got it right before they go on tv and spout off a bunch of BS.

Talk about Fake News!

Trump seems to have a bad habit of surrounding himself with incompetence. #FakePOTUS

ETA: You talk about there being confusion between the "loyalty" meeting and the "Flynn" meeting as the reasoning behind false statements made by Trump's lawyer when he basically denied that those two conversations took place as well.

So remind me again what he got all confused about.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

And this all means nothing.

It means more than you may think.

In the wake of recent reports about numerous high profile legal firms declining to represent Trump and then to see this Marc Kasowitz come out of the gate to debut a bald faced lie on national tv while accusing Comey of lying under oath, is just plain pathetic and definitely not worth $15 per hr, much less $1,500.

Trump is in a world of hurt and at this point, I don't think anyone can save him from himself.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Comey knows who was leaking from inside the white house, and was refusing to investigate for Trump.

Comey also knew that the investigation of Russian collusion would come up empty handed, but was refusing to publish any findings, because doing so would make life easier for DJTrump.

Trump was talking about loyalty in regard to his underlings at the whitehouse, not about Comey. EVERYONE knew that Comey was openly disloyal to trump. Trump was saying, in his own inarticulate fashion, that he needed his own people at the White House to quit running to the NYT every morning. And Comey was refusing to investigate the leaks.

That is, of course, if the Memo Comey wrote, to himself, and then leaked to the press...

If Comey's memo can be trusted.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Listening to Hannity tonight....I think James Comey dug his own grave today. He is going to be in deep doo-doo now. I hope the DOJ looks real close at this Leaky dishonest subversive. He stepped over the line, outside the line, and into illegal, possibly criminal activity.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Trump seems to have a bad habit of surrounding himself with incompetence. #FakePOTUS

Well in his defense he did get rid of Comey...

As for Rachel Maddow - enough said... She is horrible.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yeah well, tonight she turned out to be a helluva lot more accurate than Trump's $1,500 per hr attorney, now didn't she?

Just horrible I tell ya.

And.....Getting rid of Comey was the beginning of the end for Trump and one day in the not too distant future, you too will realize what a colossal mistake that was.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A Leaky Ship

James Comey's testimony before Congress was that he orchestrated a leak in response to a tweet by President Trump. What's problematic is that the tweet he claims inspired him to leak was apparently made in response to a leak published in the New York Times on May 11, 2017:

In a Private Dinner, Trump Demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred.

President Trump's tweet was made on May 12, 2017, after the first leak:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "James Comey better hope that there are no "tapes" of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!

So either someone other than Comey made the first leak, or Comey's account is not factual.

If it was someone else, who was it? Until that source can be positively identified, there is good reason to doubt the accuracy of Comey's testimony on this point, and grounds for further investigation.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Comey isn't one of Trump's staff. What NDA do you imagine he signed, when did he sign it and what did it say? Do you really believe that Comey would violate an NDA? You're just saying NDA! NDA! NDA! as though you actually know something concrete about any NDA Comey may or may not have signed.

I'll assume that Comey is likely more of an authority on any NDA he may have signed than you and that he's not an idiot.

edit on 2017-6-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah well, tonight she turned out to be a helluva lot more accurate than Trump's $1,500 per hr attorney, now didn't she?

Just horrible I tell ya.

And.....Getting rid of Comey was the beginning of the end for Trump and one day in the not too distant future, you too will realize what a colossal mistake that was.

She's wrong.

Comey specified today the loyalty dinner in in the memos, the May 11th report clearly was the first memo released.

Maddow is not a journalist, she's a propagandist and she'll spin the truth to feed her gullible audience.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

trumps legal team will file a complaint with the ig at the justice dept and send a letter of complaint to the senate judiciary committee because of comeys leak to the media breaking his employment agreement with the fbi which bars the disclosure of govt documents

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

If it was someone else, who was it? Until that source can be positively identified, there is good reason to doubt the accuracy of Comey's testimony on this point, and grounds for further investigation.

There will be further investigations alright and Comey will just be an after thought. It's gonna get real from here on out and Comey was just the warm up.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 8-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What does that have to do with Comey's testimony?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

and yet everything she kept pushing about Trump turned out to be a lie.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

They apparently are 2 separate incidents that got muddled into one by the media. The Dinner part was the may 11th article. The Comey conversation about flynn occurred a few days later in the oval office.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't recall saying that it did?

If he leaned on Comey, which is what Comey clearly implies when he says he took the Flynn statements as a direction, then that's where the obstruction would come in. If Comey is to be believed, the President pressured him to squash the investigation. Obstruction doesn't need to be successful btw.

As I've previously stated though, while it's at the very least in extremely bad form and I personally feel it was obstruction of justice, the evidence isn't good enough to do anything with. For one, it's too open to interpretation and secondly, it's one individual's word against another's.

The fact that he fired him adds more weight to it because the obvious argument is that he didn't play ball and he got canned for it. However, I understand the counter arguments here and they're problematic:

* If it was so obvious, why didn't Comey do something about it then? That's a reasonable question. I think the response here could be that he thought he could manage to hold off Trump, keep his job, etc. It could also be that he misjudged the seriousness of Trump's statements about the Flynn investigaton and it became crystal clear in hindsight, after he didn't do as he feels he was "directed" and got canned.

* There was no further conversations about Flynn. Which is also a fair point. If there had been another similar event directly before his termination, that would have sealed the deal I think. But there wasn't. Maybe Trump got spooked or he got advice from somebody who knew it was a bad idea to lean on Comey. OR, maybe the Flynn investigation mattered to him but was a distant second place to something else, like getting Comey to come out and publically state that Trump himself wasn't under investigation.

The last bit I think is a reasonable assessment. After all, he *did* bring that up many times more than the one time he brought up Flynn.

Anyway, I don't think that it's going to result in any impeachment but it would be bad if something else came to light. I'd be keeping a close eye on Nunes. It's obvious that the administration and Nunes were coordinating their efforts. I don't see Nunes implicating himself in anything though so I won't hold my breath.

I get that Trump supporters are feeling like today was a "win" but it's all a matter of perspective. Comey is now on recod saying that he felt that he was being directed to kill an investigation into Flynn. That's not exactly a win I'd think? He said Lynch instructed him to call the Clinton email investigation a "matter?" That's not going anywhere because while it might make her look partisan, she didn't ask him to squash the investigation because Hillary is such a "cool chick" or something. Her defense, if she ever has to present one could simply be that she agreed that it was okay to acknowledge the investigation but that she was concerned about undue influence on the election so she expressed a preference for the language. He said one NYC article from Feb 14th got it wrong? That's not great but he also called Trump and his people liars. Hardly what I'd call a decisive victory.

Comey will not face any legal backlash. I don't even have to consider and debunk the various speculative arguments because Comey isn't a sucker. He's got his ass covered some how. Let's assume that the documents are covered under FBI regulations. Who sets the regulations? Who has the power to make exceptions? When did he remove the memos? What's the historical precedence for director's memos?

I don't see Comey taking a fall for this at all. I'll go on record with that prediction now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join