It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Excellent thread Grambler, absolutely excellent! I cannot add anything; you covered it all.

I will say this, however... perhaps it is only my subjectivity, but it does seem to me that the number of anti-Trump antagonists, both in the media and here, is now beginning to dwindle. The real question then becomes, who will remain at the end of this movement? Who will become the lone voice crying in the wilderness to ears that no longer care to hear?

Gonna be interesting finding out.

TheRedneck

In what reality do you live in, every conservative I know who isn't on the fringe thinks trump is an idiot who is blocking any real change on his own with his own actions.

The press has been terrible since the telecom act during Clinton destroyed any equal representation of views.

The difference is trump is focused on personal vendetta he can't legislate anything that isnt an eo.

I am a libertarian personally, and trump is a horrible president so far. Can he change sure, but he hasn't done anything except divide the country even more than the last guy, which is really an amazing accomplishment.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Well summarized. Watched most of it and Comey came across as a spiteful looser who took sides and the side he was on lost. Trump should have fired this gutless wonder day 1.

You literally took the words right from my brain. He was a sell out the day he stood up and lectured the American people on all the laws the criminal Hillary Clinton broke and then did nothing about it. He has a holier than thou elitist mentality I cannot stand.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

What he was saying in criminal justice terms was we can't build a case because the attny general (his boss) and judges are in her pockets and have destroyed or blocked the evidence to prosecute with a conviction. Believe it or not the fbi has to choose carefully how to drag the public through political trials, if she destroyed evidence and used her power to block warrants (through doj and buddy judges) then it's honest just what goes on daily in Washington. Clinton just happened to be a really good scumbag. Honestly like genius level.
edit on 9-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I bet if I asked you how Trump has divided the country you wouldn't be able to answer without parroting the media and spewing their rhetoric.

Actually, I'm not going to bet because I know.

Don't even bother answering

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What he was saying in criminal justice terms was we can't build a case because the attny general (his boss) and judges are in her pockets and have destroyed or blocked the evidence to prosecute with a conviction. Believe it or not the fbi has to choose carefully how to drag the public through political trials, if she destroyed evidence and used her power to block warrants (through doj and buddy judges) then it's honest just what goes on daily in Washington. Clinton just happened to be a really good scumbag. Honestly like genius level.

I would never classify Hillary Clinton as a genius in anything but I hear what you are saying. I think the fact Hillary was never indicted based on the unbelievable mountain of evidence goes to show how complicit the Washington establishment are in corrupt politics. The web of deceit and corruption extends well past the Clintons. The Clintons were simply used as the gate keepers to corruption.

This is the real reason Trump hits a brick wall around every corner he turns. The chicken sh**t left and asinine right will do nothing but build road block after road block to keep Trump from unraveling their self protected world.

Trump has the staying power. Someone like Trump feeds off of resistance. He may be brash, lack eloquence, and be rough around the edges but I love the way he wants to dominate everyone. If he can make it through 8 years then we will see an entirely different set of political ideologies develop over time.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You shouldn't respond to people you plan on not allowing to speak it's pretty lame.

How he divided? Your joking right? By playing the demagogue and piling up boogeymen, and then crying about how unfair it is like a snowflake.

He is also trying to make political statements instead of policy. This the Paris accord are useless partisan attacks. It isn't going to save coal jobs, technology and gas are doing that industry inand the Paris accord is just a symbolic gesture, like any other thing he has "accomplished"

He strikes out at just about everybody, his own party included.

Which is real good for legislating....

It's great he gets to pump his chest and make you feel good but he will get zero done if he stays the way he is. In his own party as well, except get the liberals back into the house....

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your gravely mistaken over what actual evidence is when the doj is on your team vs against you.

You also seem to misplace your like for who trump is with how that mentality can actual legislate as anything other than a dictator.

Not to mention he shoots himself in the foot on a regular basis by not being "polished" meaning you have a better chance at a job without tattoo's on your face. Sometimes you have to act like a grown up to get things done. Trump is the kind of guy you have to tell not to talk dirty in front of your grandmother. It's not unambiguously a positive trait to not care about any one else's opinion as the president of the US

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Double

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: underpass61

The only person calling him a leaker is trumps lawyer hmmmm.

Sigh - Here's a few "trusted" sources

WaPo - Were James Comey's leaks lawful?

CNN James Comey hoped leak would lead to special counsel on Russia

NY Times A Leaker’s Admission: How the Media Covered, and Factored Into, Comey’s Testimony

I don't doubt they'll be switching over to "whistleblower" exclusively as of today, it's really their only option.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It's really not,

So in your mind James Comey the us prosecutor didnt protect himself and know exactly what he was doing?

He is protected as are non classified leaks under whistle-blower laws and he layer that ground work in written testimony.

Guess you missed it.

Just a question are whistle-blower ever not leakers? Are leakers always whistle-blower.

Just to cut through your cherades

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There is a criteria for whistle blowing, I will admit I did not read the transcripts of everything Comey said... but what I did read seemed to involved a lot of him interpreting what Trump was saying... if all his notes are like that he wont be able to prove anything... which kind of takes him out of whistle blower territory.

A good example would be the Fast and the Furious debacle, they were obviously facilitating violating the law and the whistle blower saw that alerted his bosses got blown off and then blew the whistle.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Donald Trump texting about comey first off makes an ex privilege impossible. He entered the leaking willingly, meaning Donald Trump himself again harmed his own case.

Second trump texting comey was fired for xyz, is retaliation/defamation which is part of whistelblowing protection, he has also stated the people needed to know he was pressured to stop pressing the case...

If I say you have beautiful eyes, be a shame if you lost them after we talked about your debt the prosecutor isn't going to say well, he never said he was going to pluck them out.

Comes laid out Jeff sessions abandoned him after asking hI'm to stay saying he isnt comfortable being alone. Trump asked everyone to leave to talk to comey where he then says what is now famous.

It's way more than feelings even legally. Hence why people like Graham or Gowdy have said nothing,

Let's also remember Mueller ok'd this whole testimony.

P.S. what he did with comey legally to support any type of case he has was destroyed by his own tweets, literally. It's worse than the last travel ban tweets which also will harm that case.

Again if he tweeted nothing as an official statement which it is, this would be a much different case. Then again comey would know not to leak what he did under different circumstances.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Awesome detail summary. I must admit that being on a conspiracy site has affected my reasoning. I cannot help but think that something still feels rather off about this whole Comey fired and seeks revenge against Trump. Almost as if it was a drama written in Hollywood script.

The lead up that results in a lackluster hearing that actually confirms what Trump has been saying about himself and the fake media. Toss in bites about Lynch being a concern. Comey seems to be walking a fine line in his testimony...Is it possible that Trump and Comey cooked this all up in private to forward an actual agenda? Aka: actually drain the swamp.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Really show me a defense path for a president who has been texting about James comey and the case willingly using his own opinions in sometimes defamation type phrases?

Again love to talk about this next week when the media frenzy has gotten just about everything wrong to play off partisan emotions.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

You misunderstand me...

What in the document that comey leaked was whistle blower material?

Then where did he try and address the problem in the system?

It appears that he did not try to address Lynch's inappropriate behavior, then repeated the same mistakes with trump, as I read it if you do not give the system a chance to fix the problem its not whistle blowing its leaking information.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

You misunderstand me...

What in the document that comey leaked was whistle blower material?

Then where did he try and address the problem in the system?

It appears that he did not try to address Lynch's inappropriate behavior, then repeated the same mistakes with trump, as I read it if you do not give the system a chance to fix the problem its not whistle blowing its leaking information.

He laid it out like he specifically was defending a whistle blowing act, I already explained it several times.

Him knowing the special investigator would be triggered (he did work as the highest prosecutor and head of fbi)

So he was defamed when trump Saif I fired Comey because he sucked at his job and the moral at fbi is terrible. Official statement by the President on his opinions, and then goes on to mention the Russia investigation

Comey leaking the document was a way to assure the American people the case wouldn't be dropped,...remember him saying Jeff sessions was in on it by letting trump meet with him alone...

It's all there. It's fairly rock solid Imo which is fairly worthless...so there's that.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

So in your mind James Comey the us prosecutor didn't protect himself and know exactly what he was doing?

Leakers have their own personal or political agenda, as you have proven with Comey. Whistleblowers I assume are supposedly acting with a higher purpose.
He was fired, no reasons even needed. Somehow I think if Obama fired him last November (when you guys were screaming for it) you wouldn't have had issue.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Uh huh then why is trumps lawyer looking to file a "complaint" with the inspector general.

because unlike others who do not follow or understand current laws and procedures the ig at the justice dept is where the complaint begins

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In what reality do you live in, every conservative I know who isn't on the fringe thinks trump is an idiot who is blocking any real change on his own with his own actions.

There is only one reality... you might want to ask yourself what fantasy you are in.

How about defining the phrase "on the fringe"... oh, wait, you already did! Just like those who use your tactics have defined words and phrases that once had specific meanings into a personal definition. "Racist" = "one who disagrees with Obama." "Deplorable" = "one who does not support Hillary." "Homophobe" = "someone who disagrees with someone who is gay." "Xenophobe" = "someone who does not like people being killed by terrorists." And now, "fringe" of course means "someone who doesn't despise Trump."

Those tactics cost the Democrats the House, the Senate, a shot at the Supreme Court, and the White House in the 2016 election. In previous generations, such a loss would lead to the losing party becoming self-reflective enough to counter their loss in the midterm elections. But this time, they are doubling down and increasing their ferocity toward what cost them in the first place. It is a truly historic time, and the removal of those who hate America has only just begun.

I've been reading your posts in this thread. You're the guy who thinks that James Comey, the man who just confessed to a Federal crime he wasn't even accused of on national TV, is the greatest lawyer of all time. It reminds me of an old joke:

A wprld-renowned physicist, an old preacher, and a young boy scout were flying across the country when their plane lost its engine. They quickly discovered they only had two parachutes among them. The physicist exclaimed, "I am the smartest man in the world! I have to live for the good of all mankind!" before taking one of the packs and jumping out.

The old preacher looked at the young boy and said, "Son, I have lived a long life and am ready for God's judgement. Your life is still before you. Please, take the last parachute and save yourself."

The scout laughed and said, "Preacher, we still have two parachutes. The smartest man in the world just jumped out with my backpack."

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join