It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Read the Obstruction of Justice law here. The tweet about the tapes and Comey not running the FBI properly as well as the actual firing of Comey are enough to be considered obstruction of justice because Trump clearly "endeavors to influence" and "intimidate" the person who is investigating the issue.

(a) Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, endeavors to influence, intimidate, or impede any grand or petit juror, or officer in or of any court of the United States, or officer who may be serving at any examination or other proceeding before any United States magistrate judge or other committing magistrate, in the discharge of his duty, or injures any such grand or petit juror in his person or property on account of any verdict or indictment assented to by him, or on account of his being or having been such juror, or injures any such officer, magistrate judge, or other committing magistrate in his person or property on account of the performance of his official duties, or corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

Obstruction here is as clear as day.

originally posted by: Grambler

Here is all you need to know about Comey and Trump.

Trump asked for allegiance, and Comey promised allegiance to the truth.

Whether Trump asked for Comey to drop the case against Flynn or just asking him to go easy on Flynn is immaterial.

It didn't matter whether Comey had an investigation on Trump or Flynn.....There was an investigation of at least the Russia's involvement in our election. That we know.

Comey continued to investigate Russia, he was fired for it, then Trump sends out libelous and false statements about Comey after the firing.

This is clear obstruction of justice. Plane and simple. You know what they say, the cover up is always worse than the crime itself. Trump should be impeached immediately. It's just a matter of time.

If this is true, then the investigation of Russia must have ended.

Oh wait, whats that, it hasn't?

Well then surely Trump will keep firing people until its over.

And weird that even Comey admitted that his firing would not hurt the investigation in any way.
please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Read the Obstruction of Justice law here. The tweet about the tapes and Comey not running the FBI properly as well as the actual firing of Comey are enough to be considered obstruction of justice because Trump clearly "endeavors to influence" and "intimidate" the person who is investigating the issue.

(a) Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, endeavors to influence, intimidate, or impede any grand or petit juror, or officer in or of any court of the United States, or officer who may be serving at any examination or other proceeding before any United States magistrate judge or other committing magistrate, in the discharge of his duty, or injures any such grand or petit juror in his person or property on account of any verdict or indictment assented to by him, or on account of his being or having been such juror, or injures any such officer, magistrate judge, or other committing magistrate in his person or property on account of the performance of his official duties, or corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

Obstruction here is as clear as day.

Here is all you need to know about Comey and Trump.

Trump asked for allegiance, and Comey promised allegiance to the truth.

Whether Trump asked for Comey to drop the case against Flynn or just asking him to go easy on Flynn is immaterial.

It didn't matter whether Comey had an investigation on Trump or Flynn.....There was an investigation of at least the Russia's involvement in our election. That we know.

Comey continued to investigate Russia, he was fired for it, then Trump sends out libelous and false statements about Comey after the firing.

This is clear obstruction of justice. Plane and simple. You know what they say, the cover up is always worse than the crime itself. Trump should be impeached immediately. It's just a matter of time.

If this is true, then the investigation of Russia must have ended.

Oh wait, whats that, it hasn't?

Well then surely Trump will keep firing people until its over.

And weird that even Comey admitted that his firing would not hurt the investigation in any way.
please stop, you are embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Superb thread. You really brought it all together.

Your threads are always great!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Sorry fool. The fact that you give your blind support to an idiot that has the support of the minority of the country is the true indication that you are the one that lives in an alternate reality.

originally posted by: butcherguy
Has anyone noticed that there are anti-Trumpers that are still playing the same old narrative even though Comey's testimony today shot it full of holes?

They must live in a separate reality.
Any one not following your choice must be following their own choice blindly. What a snowflake you are, you go straight to dismissive derogatory name calling. That snowflake technique has lost it's sting because it is so common now days...."fool" (eye roll, accompanied with a "jeez")

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That was an absolute disaster for Comey and the DNC.

And this is the exact reason I didn't vote for Hillary's crooked bunch of liars, and criminals.

I hope this testimony is the catalyst to criminally charge all the people involved with treason.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Criticizing is one thing and is not illegal. To fire someone then try to intimidate him afterwards because he was involved with an investigation are felonious acts that obstruct justice. Reality is reality.

a reply to: SeekingAlpha

My goodness. I also heard a bunch of democrats criticize comey for how he ran the fbi.

Guess they were obstructing justice too.

In your zealotry to demonize trump, you have broadened the definition of obstruction so far that any reason trump have for firing him would have been considered faulty by you.
so is destroying evidence after you have been issued a supeona to hand it over...... (eeeeeemails!)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thank you Grambler, excellent post. Nothing really to add, just amusing myself watching the contortions of the left -

originally posted by: Pyle

I already told you I will not apologize for you misunderstanding the testimony and attaching your whole argument to one line.

And here we see someone attaching their whole argument to one word, "hope", so I guess the definition of said word is debatable in a libs mind. They love to debate definitions.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Looks like they've found the New York Times article that was published before Trump's tweet (that destroys Comey's claim that he leaked the memo in response to the tweet).

Comey fallout: Similarities in Times article, testimony could bolster Trump claims

Kasowitz appeared to be referencing a May 11 article, “In a Private Dinner, Trump demanded Loyalty. Comey Demurred.” Trump’s “tapes” tweet – references Comey’s interactions with Trump that are essentially repeated in Comey's submitted testimony.

Two passages about the Jan. 27 dinner in particular have similar wording:

Comey’s testimony, based in part on a review of memos he wrote – “I added that I was not ‘reliable’ in the way politicians use that word, but he could always count on me to tell him the truth.”

The Times article, based on an anonymous source – “…Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not ‘reliable’ in the conventional political sense.”

Comey’s testimony – “Near the end of our dinner...He then said, ‘I need loyalty.’ I replied, ‘You will always get honesty from me.’ He paused and then said, ‘That's what I want, honest loyalty.’ I paused, and then said, ‘You will get that from me.’”

The Times article – “Later in the dinner, Mr. Trump again said to Mr. Comey that he needed his loyalty. Mr. Comey again replied that he would give him ‘honesty’ and did not pledge his loyalty, according to the account of the conversation. But Mr. Trump pressed him on whether it would be ‘honest loyalty.’ ‘You will have that,’ Mr. Comey told his associates he responded."

The Comey memos are never explicitly mentioned in the May 11 New York Times story; however, details that appeared to have been written in the memos were. Not until a May 16 story, which Comey indicated Thursday was the first story his friend leaked at his request, was there a public mention of the Comey memos.

It certainly does seem like the author of the Times article had access to those notes. And since it was published on May 11th, he had to have received those notes some time before that date.
edit on 9-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yep awesome find. Now watch as the squirming begins.

I believe the excuse will be something like this.

"Comey didn't give his friend tyhe memos until the 16th. However, someone else leaked the details of those memos to the NYT on the 11th, before Trumps tweet. Therefore Comey was telling the truth"

Lets just deal with that right now.

There is no way Comey was not aware of the NYT story on the 11th. So why would he act like it didn't exist in his testimony? He would have said "I saw that someone leaked what was in my memos on the 11th and then Trump made his tweet, so I myself then leaked memos".

Comey lied, plain and simple, and this proves it.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Comey lied, plain and simple, and this proves it.

He not only lied; he used investigation information leaked to the press to manipulate the deputy ag into appointing a special prosecutor. As he testified to yesterday. He was not making memos because he was concerned, he made them so he could leak them and direct the investigation as he wanted.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Dammit, I made the huge mistake of selling off my stock in Play-Doh and Crayola last month. What was I thinking?!?!?!

So..... can we now get to prosecuting real criminals, like Lynch and Hilary?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Seems like clear cut perjury to me...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: luthier

Coney did nothing illegal. He leaked no classified info.

It is not illegal to leak information from an ongoing investigation to the press to manipulate people within that investigation?

Comey stated that he leaked info to get a special prosecutor for the investigation. That is not his CALL. If he wanted to suggest that there are proper channels to do such. Playing outside the rules is EXACTLY why comey had "memos" on his meetings with the president. If those "memos" were to document obstruction why did he not share them with his boss? Comey was able to manipulate the hillary investigation, we were shown that yesterday, and comey was attempting to manipulate this investigation but he got caught.
We had an fbi director that kept private files on people; we DO NOT need that again. Comey needs to be investigated independently and should be held accountable for his actions.

Apparently you are pretty unfamiliar with supreme court cases for whistle blowers who don't use classified info.

I think you are such a trump supporter you fail to understand the actual legality and the expertise comey has at practicing law (literally one of the top lawyers in the us for decades regardless of what you think you know of fbi behind the scenes reality vs TV land).

Honestly wake up, Comey one doesn't work for the doj, the inspector general can do nothing, and two trump would look like he is again obstructing justice because he didn't like what comes said, he is lashing out.

Again all comey has to say is he felt an obligation to inform the public and he had cause, so again let's talk again next week. See who is right.

Ps pretty funny on the illegal leaking thing since trump himself is constantly releasing info on said investigation. Like how many times comey said he isn't being investigated etc...]
edit on 9-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well the good news is, only the extreme partisan, the most blind, and biggest troll's continue to expose themselves.

Don't mind me, please do go on..

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Excellent thread Grambler, absolutely excellent! I cannot add anything; you covered it all.

I will say this, however... perhaps it is only my subjectivity, but it does seem to me that the number of anti-Trump antagonists, both in the media and here, is now beginning to dwindle. The real question then becomes, who will remain at the end of this movement? Who will become the lone voice crying in the wilderness to ears that no longer care to hear?

Gonna be interesting finding out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You go right ahead and support someone leaking protected investigation information to the media.
www.nytimes.com...

COLLINS: And finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the Department of Justice? COMEY: Yes. COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies? COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there’s not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might be a tape. And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself, for a variety of reasons. But I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. And so I asked a close friend of mine to do it.

You can look it up for yourself but I dont think "to get that into the public square" is a valid reason and "it might prompt the appointment of a special council" is a valid reason either.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Coney did nothing illegal. He leaked no classified info.

It is not illegal to leak information from an ongoing investigation to the press to manipulate people within that investigation?

Comey stated that he leaked info to get a special prosecutor for the investigation. That is not his CALL. If he wanted to suggest that there are proper channels to do such. Playing outside the rules is EXACTLY why comey had "memos" on his meetings with the president. If those "memos" were to document obstruction why did he not share them with his boss? Comey was able to manipulate the hillary investigation, we were shown that yesterday, and comey was attempting to manipulate this investigation but he got caught.
We had an fbi director that kept private files on people; we DO NOT need that again. Comey needs to be investigated independently and should be held accountable for his actions.

Apparently you are pretty unfamiliar with supreme court cases for whistle blowers who don't use classified info.

From "leaker" to "whistle blower" - can't wait for the MSM to pick it up and run with that one!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think I answered your question in the post right above yours

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

You go right ahead and support someone leaking protected investigation information to the media.
www.nytimes.com...

COLLINS: And finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the Department of Justice? COMEY: Yes. COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies? COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there’s not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might be a tape. And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself, for a variety of reasons. But I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. And so I asked a close friend of mine to do it.

You can look it up for yourself but I dont think "to get that into the public square" is a valid reason and "it might prompt the appointment of a special council" is a valid reason either.

Uh huh then why is trumps lawyer looking to file a "complaint" with the inspector general.

And ps it is certainly enough for the courts that he wanted a special council because he was terminated over investigating Russia, and was told by trump to let it lay, which guess what prosecutors use all the time, you have nice eyes, would be a shame if something happened to them...

Again let's check back in next week to prove how wrong you are,...

In fact I will raise you one and say his attorney does nothing because it would hurt trump in legal reality world.

If your right why isn't everyone jumping at comey? Where is Trey, or Lindsey or any other lawyer who is in Congress?

Lol

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

The only person calling him a leaker is trumps lawyer hmmmm.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join