It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

No he said he took Trump's words as an order in the context they were delivered and deferred the obstruction charge to Meuller.

I hope you have a nice day. Sure. Sounds like an order to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Grambler

1. He admits that Trump’s words were not obstruction.

No he said he took Trump's words as an order in the context they were delivered and deferred the obstruction charge to Meuller.

The first fact you put up is wrong... Come on at least get some good correct ones in before you go off the rails with lies.

BURR: Director Comey, did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. Elections?

COMEY: Not to my understanding, no.

RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

COMEY: Correct.

RISCH: Thank you for that. He did not direct you to let it go?

COMEY: Not in his words, no.

RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

www.politico.com...

get that. Let me quote that for you again.

His words were not obstruction.

I will await your apology.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Nothing to add, right on-point, as usual.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: luthier

yeah
ok
go to fbi.gov ALL fbi employees sign the nda

So comey, literally one of the top us prosecutors just did this without thinking and Mueller said go for it?

You folks need some critical thinking skills.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Nothing to add, right on-point, as usual.

I have to say, I am having a ton of fun with this.

This is like the fifth time today someone said I was wrong about what was testified, and all I have to do is quote directly from the testimony to prove them wrong.

Its so amazing to see how people can twist or ignore the actual words because they can't let go of their narrative.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
It didn't matter whether Comey

Goal post = shifting.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What you saw was the news. You saw absolutely nothing of the actual investigations.

lol. Is that an order? You didn't use the word hope though. I think you have to use that word for it to be an official order.

Comey has been a stellar presecutor for decades. His bosses at AG whether under Obama/Clinton or Trump now that is another story.. pros can hide their tracks and make the job pretty hard.

Just because your a good attorney doesn't make you good at running the FBI. He could not stop the leaks. He leaked government docs himself. lol. That is corruption. He was a Clinton man with false credentials of ethics.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yes. We also need someone with ethics as head of the FBI.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The first fact you put up is wrong... Come on at least get some good correct ones in before you go off the rails with lies.

BURR: Director Comey, did the president at any time ask you to stop the FBI investigation into Russian involvement in the 2016 U.S. Elections?

COMEY: Not to my understanding, no.

RISCH: You wrote them here and put them in quotes.

COMEY: Correct.

RISCH: He did not order you to let it go?

COMEY: Again, those words are not an order.

www.politico.com...

get that. Let me quote that for you again.

His words were not obstruction.

I will await your apology.

You will get no apology from me for you cutting out the part that would prove you are wrong.

RISCH: He said, “I hope.” Now, like me, you probably did hundreds of cases, maybe thousands of cases charging people with criminal offenses. And, of course, you have knowledge of the thousands of cases out there that — where people have been charged.

Do you know of any case where a person has been charged for obstruction of justice or, for that matter, any other criminal offense, where this — they said, or thought, they hoped for an outcome?

COMEY: I don’t know well enough to answer. And the reason I keep saying his words is I took it as a direction.

RISCH: Right.

COMEY: I mean, this is the president of the United States, with me alone, saying, “I hope” this. I took it as, this is what he wants me to do.

(CROSSTALK)

COMEY: Now I — I didn’t obey that, but that’s the way I took it.

RISCH: You — you may have taken it as a direction, but that’s not what he said.

(CROSSTALK)

COMEY: Correct. I — that’s why...

RISCH: He said — he said, “I hope.”

COMEY: Those are exact words, correct.

RISCH: OK, do you (ph) — you don’t know of anyone that’s ever been charged for hoping something. Is that a fair statement?

COMEY: I don’t, as I sit here.

RISCH: Yeah. Thank you.

Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

edit on 9-6-2017 by Pyle because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2017 by Pyle because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Your a real partisan man I see
He hated Clinton.if you read between the lines, what you don't get is Alex Jones Internet bs doesn't get people sentenced. A pro scumbag like Clinton cam hide her tracks with all her helpers and it ate comey up.

Now trump the idiot broke the camels back.

By the way my point was not his greatness at fbi director it was at law.

Which means he knows exactly what he can leak and get away with.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Yes. We also need someone with ethics as head of the FBI.

We need the same from a president but the closest we have had in a while was shot in Dallas.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hahahaha!!!!

Unbelievable! I proved in black and white exactly what he said.

Here was my first point that you claimed was a lie.

Here is what Comey said.

Hahahahaha!!!! Absolutely fantastic!

Its an amazing study in such staunch partisanship that someone like you can see proof in absolute black and white, and still absolutely deny the truth. I have tp applaud your unbelievable dedication to your false world narrative. I would never have the strength to so blatantly deny reality like you.

Now if you would have not been so blind to refuse to read the testimony or my OP, you will see after point 1, where you already have failed in saying it was a lie, I answer Comey's "feelings" as to why this is obstruction.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah
ok
go to fbi.gov ALL fbi employees sign the nda

So comey, literally one of the top us prosecutors just did this without thinking and Mueller said go for it?

perhaps you should read the transcript before putting more of your feet in your cakehole

comey did this PRIOR to mueller being appointed
how could mueller say "go for it" when he didnt know he would be the special prosecutor?
no one said comey didn't think about this it just appears he didn't
it appears to me that comey has leaked enough that it wasn't a big deal to him
he "had to get his side out"

no matter how hard you kiss his ass comey VOLUNTARY ADMITTED to taking docs from the fbi and planning to have them delivered to the media

there are 2 statutes that describe what comey did
18usc 641 and 793

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Hahahaha!!!!

Here is what Comey said.

Its an amazing study in such staunch partisanship that someone like you can see proof in absolute black and white, and still absolutely deny the truth. I have tp applaud your unbelievable dedication to your false world narrative. I would never have the strength to so blatantly deny reality like you.

Now if you would have not been so blind to refuse to read the testimony or my OP, you will see after point 1, where you already have failed in saying it was a lie, I answer Comey's "feelings" as to why this is obstruction.

So Comey didnt say this?

COMEY: I mean, this is the president of the United States, with me alone, saying, “I hope” this. I took it as, this is what he wants me to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Your literally parotting after trump kissing his bum.

Mueller cleared comey to testify? He cleared the transcript?

What can trumps complaint do legally?

So you believe comey is not a top lawyer in the United states? He wouldn't understand the ramifications of leaking info he isn't supposed to?

Hmm what flavor are you drinking?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Hahahaha!!!!

Here is what Comey said.

So Comey didnt say this?

yes he did say that. He admitted, when specifically asked, that Trumps WORDS were not asking him to end the investigation.

He said that despite this, he was troubled by the circumstances around it.

My first point was that Comey admitted Trumps WORDS were not directing him to let it go.

You said that was a lie.

Are you claiming Comey did not say, when specifically asked that the actual words Trump used were noit directing him to let it go?

Just admit that you were wrong in saying my point was a lie. You made a msitake, its no big deal.

But to keep denying reality is making you look real bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

If you only take the one sound bite the Republican Senator fished for yes that is what was said. If you take the whole line of questioning, it is clear that it was more then just "Hope".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

when you actually speak to what occured today we can converse

comey admitted to scheming to get a special prosecutor
that is illegal

comey may be a fine lawyer
that does not change what he did or what he admitted to

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If you only take the one sound bite the Republican Senator fished for yes that is what was said. If you take the whole line of questioning, it is clear that it was more then just "Hope".

I answered after point one about Comey's "feelings" that this was more than what the literal words were.

It was my take, you don't have to agree with it, but I acknowledged his point and attempted to answer it.

You claiming I was a liar on point one is not true. You efforts to deny this makes you look very bad.

So I will just ask you plainly, do you admit that you were wrong about saying I was lying?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I already told you I will not apologize for you misunderstanding the testimony and attaching your whole argument to one line.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join