It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Triggered to the Nth Degree.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Was it inappropriate? Yes. She should not have asked.

But, did she try to stop or influence to stop the investigation. No. Obstruction Law does not apply.

Let me add this. If Obama would have done the same thing as Trump and fired Comey, made false statements about Comey afterwards, then trolled him on the internet....yeah, that would be obstruction of justice.

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
This isn't about Lynch (who did not obstruct justice). All she did was ask to name the investigation something else. She wasn't trying to intimidate or stop the investigation. She also recused herself from the Hillary investigation because of it. Nice try though. Let's stay on topic and focus on how long Trump should be going to jail for what he did.

originally posted by: Grambler

I'm not arguing with you regarding GWB, but definitely not Obama. Again, I'm no democrat also. For the most part, Obama objectively ran a fairly clean shop as compared to GWB and this white trash, Trump.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They didn't obstruct justice like Trump did last month.

You mean as in imaginarily, in your head as Trump did last month? That's actually correct... Bush and Obama both had their moments of bonafide, real world obstruction of justice.

Perhaps you missed the part in the op about Obama's attorney General lynch.

She didn't "ask".

She gave an order.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Meh. I'm just here to see you get hog tied when the feds come busting through your house for hacking against US interests.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Meh. I'm just here to see you get hog tied when the feds come busting through your house for hacking against US interests.

Lol, What????

You just had to go full reree, never go full reree.
edit on 8-6-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I love speculative fiction, please go on with these alternative realities you keep writing about.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

How many times did Obama direct the Courts to view his fraudulent short form birth certificate at FightTheSmears and FactCheck.org?

Each and every time constitutes a count of Obstruction of Justice.

But Trump and Bush Jr. are totes worse somehow, eh? Ridiculous.

ETA: In fact, members of Congress relied on Factcheck.org's photographs of that fraudulent document when they certified Obama's first election! Jeez...no one has Obama beat on Obstruction of Justice!
edit on 8-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

hey genius rosenstein says no obstruction
no pressure

rosenstein wrote that with no pressure

trump followed his recommendation

and we know now he was pissed

still no obstruction

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You have lost your mind, I feel sorry for you....

OK, not really, I am just laughing at you.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 8-6-2017 by buckwhizzle because: No

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

You quoted the law. Are you an attorney? According to Alan Dershowitz (and the constitution) Trump could have legally demanded that the investigation be dropped and cites other presidents that have done exactly that. Funny the MSM doesn't tell you that!! Even though Comey stated it himself!!!

Alan Dershowitz to CNN
Dershowitz to MSNBC

Game over
edit on 8-6-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It wasn't xuenchen, it was the RUSSIANS!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Great Post

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I'm trying to give you applause, Alpha.
Is this how I do it?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Ok lets do this. On your first part you quote this.

And although the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader. Those were lies, plain and simple. And I am so sorry that the FBI workforce had to hear them, and I'm so sorry that the American people were told them.

First questions of rather or not Trump has lied have nothing to do with my comments in the OP about what Comey testified to.

But on this quote. That is just Comey's opinion about the FBI. He makes 3 points.

The FBI was not in disarray. Thats his opinion. I tend to think he is wrong. If the FBOI was running so smoothly, why was it leaking like a sieve.

The FBI was not poorly led. Well he was leading it, the OP pretty much outlines how he was doing a poor job.

The FBI had confidence in its leader. Like the other two, subjective. But there were reports (which granted could be wrong) that many people were unhappy with him over the Hillary investigation.

Either way, his bold claims here that Trump lied are all subjective. It would be no different than Trump saying he thought the Cleveland Cavs are run poorly. Its purely subjective. So I don't know why you would make a big deal out of those comments.

Now we know from Trump's own blathering, directly contradicting what the lying VP, lying Sean Spicer, lying Kellyanne Conway, etc said — not to mention the awkwardly contrived and deceitful termination letter leaked to the media — that the administration, its media shills and loyal GOPers, heavily pushed a completely bogus narrative about the termination resulting from Rosenstein's memo.

Comey called him out for it. We didn't need him to do it because we all already knew that lying Trump and his lying staff had already lied about it but it was nice to hear.

I assume the reason for his termination was many things. But even if I grant you they all lied about this, what does that have anything to do with the OP?

None of these lies are obstruction.

But yes Trump has lied. And he sucks for it. But none of these lies are so bad that they are irredeemable to me. If they are to you thats fine.

I think lies about why he did something, crowd size, and such, are far less important than lying about policy (you can keep your doctor).

There are plenty of reasons to hate Trump. Saudi arms deal, syria bombing, those are all better than he lied about why he fired comey.

He also referred Trump's overt dishonesty when he explained why he documented the interactions:
I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting so I thought it important to document.

Right. Comey prejudged Trump and didn't like him from the get go. Hence maybe another reason Trump may have gotten rid of him.

Did Comey judge Obama as a liar? He must have been shocked at all of his big lies (If you like your doctor you can keep him, most transparent admin ever, gonna get tough on wall st, etc.).

There were three more times he essentially called Trump a liar and though not as quotable, these are more important.

1. On May 18th, in a memorably curt answer to the following question:

Did you at any time urge former FBI Director James Comey in any way, shape, or form to close or to back down the investigation into Michael Flynn?

President Trump responded:

No. No. Next question.

That's a lie according to Comey. Comey says that Trump said he "hoped" that Comey would "let it go." In fact, Comey said, "The reason I keep saying his words is I took it as a direction." The 'ol wink and a nudge from the boss.

He "felt" it was a direction. He admitted that the actual words weren't a direction, but he "felt" it was more. He said so in his testimony.

Trump "felt" it wasn't.

2. Trump lied about their dinner according to Comey. Trump told Lester Holt this:

That dinner was arranged. I think he asked for the dinner. And he wanted to stay on as the FBI head. And I said I'll, you know, consider. We'll see what happens.

That's not really believable at first blush. Comey inviting himself to dinner with the President? Yeah, no. Comey said he was invited to dinner. He also disputed Trump's characterization of the meeting entirely, including Trump's assertion that Comey basically asked to stay on and Trump said, "We'll see what happens."

LOL. This is so stupid. Really? After all of the things I said in the OP, Trump lied about who invited who to dinner is a sticking point for you? Comey just lied about Trump not ever seeming to want to discuss the russian investigation.

3. Also in the Lester Holt interview when Trump was detailing the three times Comey assured him that he wasn't under investigation — the point on which Trump is fixated above even our national security — he said:

In one case I called him and one case he called me.

According to Comey, that's a lie and he never once initiated one-to-one communication of any kind with Trump.

Hahaha! So again, that was your take away. Not that the entire narrative by many main stream news outlets was a lie?

Also, Comey admitted at one point he called the white house switch board or front desk or whatever.

One more point about the above. By saying that the "lost confidence" narrative was a lie, Comey wasn't just calling Trump and team liars, he was essentially saying that the Fox News reporting and that of others downstream in the right-wing echo chamber were every bit as false as the single NYT article he was asked about.

This was a pretty significant narrative in the right-wing media as the purported leaks like the ones from Bret Baier's walked back election week reporting on Hillary's email server, were explained as being the result of patriots in the FBI revolting against Comey.

In fact, before all the "deep state" talk post-election, the original favored narrative was that the "deep state" was so disgusted with Hillary Clinton that these super patriots were thwarting her "coup."

I'm bouncing back and forth between work and this is a logical place to end the post since it's all relating to lying Trump's lies.

Again, your big closing point is all subjective.

Comey saying everything was great at the FBI is totally subjective, and ignores the massive leaks.

This would be no different than Trump giving an interview and saying "Everyone is saying people in my admin are nervous about me, but their wrong." Yep, end of story, right?

What do you think Comey is going to say. "Trump called me a poor leader. Yeeah, he was right."

You invested a lot of time in many of the main stream media's narratives, and Comey just demolished them.

In particular, I spent many a chat with you discussing the New York Times Feb. 14 piece that you were defending, and it has been absolutely crushed.

I am glad you responded to this thread, but after all of the detail I put into, and all of the threads and posts you made based on what comey says is absolutely false, the fact that your response is trump lies about dinner invites and Comey says the FBI is cool is a little disappointing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am not quiet sure where I read it, but I believe it goes like this.

"I love it when socialites eat their own."

The last administration has something on Comey. He side stepped the process of the law, when it benefited himself alone, rendering any of the testimony inert, with a reason to doubt him. The highest office in the FBI and he leaked information. Not information that was pertinent to the security and safety of the nation, but information that he thinks will cover his own a$$.

Did he not just hear about how Reality Winner.......yeah I know......just leaked information? Treason? I don't know. I mean if it was leaked information that would save our nation, I would be grateful. But leaking information because you don't have the balls to do your job, and your slimy enough to leak information, which is illegal. I am starting to realize the real reason Trump fired him. Comey was one of the plants from the previous administration. He may have just taken down the progressive party with that one testimony.

I have never really had what you might call a high opinion of Comey, but I may owe him some thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Looks like uber HIllary cheerleader Chris Matthews is starting to see that this testimony was damning to the Trump collusion narrative.

Let me guess, he is a Russian spy too.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

First questions of rather or not Trump has lied have nothing to do with my comments in the OP about what Comey testified to.

How is an observation of how the FBI is functioning a lie in the first place? I believe we heard a lot about what the FBI was doing during the 2016 election. They didn't even know if they should open or close the case on Hilary Clinton. I would call that disarray. Comey should have just said," I know you are but what am I?" lol. Everyone could see how much the FBI was in disarray. It was presented to us 24/7.
edit on 8-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Looks like uber HIllary cheerleader Chris Matthews is starting to see that this testimony was damning to the Trump collusion narrative.

Let me guess, he is a Russian spy too.

Yeah the only real substance that came of Comey's testimony was,

Comey leaked

Lynch obstructed

Trump came out smelling like a garden of roses.

It must really bug the guy with the leg tingles but at least he is smart enough to jump off of the "The Russians" ship that never sailed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Although Trump did lie.

He said we would win so much that we would get tired of it. I haven't so far. Who knows though. Maybe I will in the future. Hmmm. Maybe he didn't lie then either.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The only truth is that these investigations have nothing to do with facts, so facts will not matter in this hearing either. The design is to keep pushing the "president is compromised" narrative so that there will be a "reason" to remove the president when they decide to oust him.

I dont like trump. I dont like hillary, comey, lynch, obama...you name em. I dont like paul ryan. Jeff sessions, good god that guy is just a pos. There are very few in national politics that i would trust with anything.

This is a really really bad precedent. It could have the long term effect of unraveling our democracy, well whats left of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join