It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I'm not arguing with you regarding GWB, but definitely not Obama. Again, I'm no democrat also. For the most part, Obama objectively ran a fairly clean shop as compared to GWB and this white trash, Trump.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

They didn't obstruct justice like Trump did last month.

You mean as in imaginarily, in your head as Trump did last month? That's actually correct... Bush and Obama both had their moments of bonafide, real world obstruction of justice.

Definitely a troll account.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm not arguing with you regarding GWB, but definitely not Obama. Again, I'm no democrat also. For the most part, Obama objectively ran a fairly clean shop as compared to GWB and this white trash, Trump.

You mean as in imaginarily, in your head as Trump did last month? That's actually correct... Bush and Obama both had their moments of bonafide, real world obstruction of justice.

Perhaps you missed the part in the op about Obama's attorney General lynch.

link   
Criticizing is one thing and is not illegal. To fire someone then try to intimidate him afterwards because he was involved with an investigation are felonious acts that obstruct justice. Reality is reality.

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

My goodness. I also heard a bunch of democrats criticize comey for how he ran the fbi.

Guess they were obstructing justice too.

In your zealotry to demonize trump, you have broadened the definition of obstruction so far that any reason trump have for firing him would have been considered faulty by you.

+8 more 
link   
This seems to be in the thick of the "swamp" that Trump is draining. Comey was just a stooge of Lynch who was taking orders from Obama who was trying to get Hillary elected to safeguard his legacy.

"Leaking" was a standard operating procedure that Comey turned to and used. This is very telling. All of the holdovers throughout government from the Obama admin are especially prone to do illegal leaking when the head of the FBI himself uses it casually to promote a story line.
edit on 8-6-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Grambler

You used the word "lie" a number of times in relation to the media, their reporting and an answer by James Comey. Strangely, you never used the word "lie" when it came to Trump or his administration.

One of the most quotable parts of the testimony was in regards to the lies about why Comey was terminated:

And although the law required no reason at all to fire an FBI director, the administration then chose to defame me and more importantly the FBI by saying that the organization was in disarray, that it was poorly led, that the workforce had lost confidence in its leader. Those were lies, plain and simple. And I am so sorry that the FBI workforce had to hear them, and I'm so sorry that the American people were told them.

Now we know from Trump's own blathering, directly contradicting what the lying VP, lying Sean Spicer, lying Kellyanne Conway, etc said — not to mention the awkwardly contrived and deceitful termination letter leaked to the media — that the administration, its media shills and loyal GOPers, heavily pushed a completely bogus narrative about the termination resulting from Rosenstein's memo.

Comey called him out for it. We didn't need him to do it because we all already knew that lying Trump and his lying staff had already lied about it but it was nice to hear.

He also referred Trump's overt dishonesty when he explained why he documented the interactions:

I was honestly concerned he might lie about the nature of our meeting so I thought it important to document.

There were three more times he essentially called Trump a liar and though not as quotable, these are more important.

1. On May 18th, in a memorably curt answer to the following question:

Did you at any time urge former FBI Director James Comey in any way, shape, or form to close or to back down the investigation into Michael Flynn?

President Trump responded:

No. No. Next question.

That's a lie according to Comey. Comey says that Trump said he "hoped" that Comey would "let it go." In fact, Comey said, "The reason I keep saying his words is I took it as a direction." The 'ol wink and a nudge from the boss.

2. Trump lied about their dinner according to Comey. Trump told Lester Holt this:

That dinner was arranged. I think he asked for the dinner. And he wanted to stay on as the FBI head. And I said I'll, you know, consider. We'll see what happens.

That's not really believable at first blush. Comey inviting himself to dinner with the President? Yeah, no. Comey said he was invited to dinner. He also disputed Trump's characterization of the meeting entirely, including Trump's assertion that Comey basically asked to stay on and Trump said, "We'll see what happens."

3. Also in the Lester Holt interview when Trump was detailing the three times Comey assured him that he wasn't under investigation — the point on which Trump is fixated above even our national security — he said:

In one case I called him and one case he called me.

According to Comey, that's a lie and he never once initiated one-to-one communication of any kind with Trump.

One more point about the above. By saying that the "lost confidence" narrative was a lie, Comey wasn't just calling Trump and team liars, he was essentially saying that the Fox News reporting and that of others downstream in the right-wing echo chamber were every bit as false as the single NYT article he was asked about.

This was a pretty significant narrative in the right-wing media as the purported leaks like the ones from Bret Baier's walked back election week reporting on Hillary's email server, were explained as being the result of patriots in the FBI revolting against Comey.

In fact, before all the "deep state" talk post-election, the original favored narrative was that the "deep state" was so disgusted with Hillary Clinton that these super patriots were thwarting her "coup."

I'm bouncing back and forth between work and this is a logical place to end the post since it's all relating to lying Trump's lies.
edit on 2017-6-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Sorry fool. The fact that you give your blind support to an idiot that has the support of the minority of the country is the true indication that you are the one that lives in an alternate reality.

originally posted by: butcherguy
Has anyone noticed that there are anti-Trumpers that are still playing the same old narrative even though Comey's testimony today shot it full of holes?

They must live in a separate reality.

Obama had the support of only a minority of the people, and you blindly support him. Hmm.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Has anyone noticed that there are anti-Trumpers that are still playing the same old narrative even though Comey's testimony today shot it full of holes?

They're just followingk der ordez.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This isn't about Lynch (who did not obstruct justice). All she did was ask to name the investigation something else. She wasn't trying to intimidate or stop the investigation. She also recused herself from the Hillary investigation because of it. Nice try though. Let's stay on topic and focus on how long Trump should be going to jail for what he did.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ha.

Of course you would exclude Obama. Even though he was actually proven to be a fraud who obstructed justice.

But...let me guess...you only see evidence when you want to see it, eh?

+7 more 
link   

the tweet about the tapes was sent AFTER he fired comey you stinking genius

comey was reviewed by his boss and his boss recommended removing him based on the crap job he did

trump could have 86ed comey anytime trump asked his boss first

no obstruction

link   
Look at the final approval ratings for Obama and the fact that he was re-elected. He clearly was supported by the majority of the people.

So who lives in an alternate reality?

Sorry fool. The fact that you give your blind support to an idiot that has the support of the minority of the country is the true indication that you are the one that lives in an alternate reality.

Obama had the support of only a minority of the people, and you blindly support him. Hmm.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Defender of Baldor

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I have to head out but I will respond later.

Thanks for a critical post with reasonable arguments.

It makes the thread worth while.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This isn't about Lynch (who did not obstruct justice). All she did was ask to name the investigation something else. She wasn't trying to intimidate or stop the investigation. She also recused herself from the Hillary investigation because of it. Nice try though. Let's stay on topic and focus on how long Trump should be going to jail for what he did.

She didn't "ask".

She gave an order.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The story about the dinner and being asked to pledge loyalty came out on the 11th. Trump tweeted about the tapes on the 12th... 3 days later on the 15th is when Comey told his friend to leak the memo and it was published on the 16th.
edit on 6/8/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Meh.......damn, alternative facts are so bad for you right wingers.

Let's not forget the letter defaming Comey that was supposed to provide the reasoning for his firing, the fact that Rod Rosenstein almost walked out because of that letter, and the tweets after the fact. You have to look at it in totality. Obstruction is clear.

originally posted by: shooterbrody

the tweet about the tapes was sent AFTER he fired comey you stinking genius

comey was reviewed by his boss and his boss recommended removing him based on the crap job he did

trump could have 86ed comey anytime trump asked his boss first

no obstruction

+5 more 
link   

Look at the final approval ratings for Obama and the fact that he was re-elected. He clearly was supported by the majority of the people.

I think his approval ratings were faked just like all those polls having her winning the election, remember you can't hack our elections that is until Trump won now it's a different story.

Is it getting warm in here?

link   
That may be the case in China, but not here.

originally posted by: xuenchen

She didn't "ask".

She gave an order.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Fake, says who? Fox News and Infowars?!?! LOL!!!!!

Alternative reality anyone?

originally posted by: thesaneone

I think his approval ratings were faked just like all those polls having her winning the election, remember you can't hack our elections that is until Trump won now it's a different story.

Is it getting warm in here?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Fake, says who?

I just did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join