It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't know Comey had a testimoneyin addiction, moving on...

Trump hasn't done anything wrong legally but ethically it doesn't look good and it will affect his approval rating and that's the least that could happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This may be an important item from Gingrich via NewsMax.com

"So, what we have here is a fired FBI director, who leaked private material to the press, so he could get his friend appointed as a special counsel in order to take retribution on the President – with the aid of a department full of federal lawyers who would have rather seen Hillary in the White House. And we are supposed to believe this will be an objective, unbiased investigation?" Gingrich wrote.

NewsMax Link

Trump survived the lies and assault from the left. He isn't guilty of anything and it is time for the left to stop making themselves look like lunatic, conspiracy mongers. Looking at you M. Waters. And I'll give a prediction...if the left decides to even touch the idea of impeachment....they will all be flipping burgers from 2018 until we get production flying cars for everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
S&F, Trump is an ass, but he may be less a crook than most presidents of the last few decades, I do feel like the previous president and his planned successor are going to be painted in an ugly light with all the investigations. America is feeling healthier everyday, I'm actually SEEING FIRST HAND a huge uptick in hiring and job openings. The point is, Trump maybe on the up & up and a REAL "change" for America.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

If I may ask, which industries are you seeing the uptick in? Here, it is a small uptick in general, but a large change in STEM jobs supporting NASA and the DoD.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Can we go back to Obamas birth certificate already?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

This part is so important because not only do most of us share this exact sentiment, but the anti-Trumpers fail to understand that this is the MAIN reason most of us support him. People think just because we don't criticize him enough and are able to look past such trivial issues, that it must mean we are some blind followers. If nothing else mattered at all, the notion that he is indeed genuine in his fight against the "administration" SHOULD be enough for anyone that truly cares about ANYTHING to reconsider there stance.
This is a great sentiment yet I can’t get behind it simply because I do not trust Trump. I don’t think Liberals are against a fight against the "administration” or “draining the swamp”, as it has been phrased, but rather they also do not trust Trump. Is he fighting against the "administration”, as you put it, to better this country and truly make America great again or is he doing it to better profit off his position as president to whatever end. If the latter is the case, as so many fear, how will America fare? The thought scares me.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: luthier

I bet if I asked you how Trump has divided the country you wouldn't be able to answer without parroting the media and spewing their rhetoric.

Actually, I'm not going to bet because I know.

Don't even bother answering
Some proof of this division can be found on this very site. I have never seem so much bickering and hatred as long as I have been a member and it has all been about Trump and the last election. It feels like a rift is forming, or rather growing larger, and I don't much care for it personally. I love America and it's citizens.
edit on 6/10/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: luthier

You go right ahead and support someone leaking protected investigation information to the media.
www.nytimes.com...

COLLINS: And finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the Department of Justice? COMEY: Yes. COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies? COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday, after I got fired, that I better hope there’s not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night, because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might be a tape. And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn’t do it myself, for a variety of reasons. But I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. And so I asked a close friend of mine to do it.

You can look it up for yourself but I dont think "to get that into the public square" is a valid reason and "it might prompt the appointment of a special council" is a valid reason either.

Another point to ponder from the above testimony: If Comey thought there might be corrobaritive tapes, then why leak? Some kind of disconnect in his narrative there from my take of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Fair enough, but considering what the options were and what the only alternative is now.

What do you have to lose? If we are wrong about Trump, we all lose regardless.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

originally posted by: Mike.Ockizard
a reply to: theantediluvian

Alan Dershowitz Makes a good point that Trump could have pardoned Flynn and directed Comey to drop the "prosecution" of Flynn but he did not do that. Flynn has not been pardoned (has he even been charged with a crime yet?) nor was Comey directed to drop the investigation. Instead, it appears, according to Comey, that Trump attempted to impede the investigation. Perhaps this is not obstruction, we shall see.

edit on 6/10/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Fair enough, but considering what the options were and what the only alternative is now.

What do you have to lose? If we are wrong about Trump, we all lose regardless.
I agree and I have a lot to lose. I personally blame Hillary for this mess we are in but where will that get us. My hope now is that we can all learn something from this and work together in the future.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't trust him. He's defended some very sick and privileged people in court.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think you are perhaps misinterpreting what Dershowitz is saying.

He is saying that what Trump did cannot possibly be obstruction, because he could have flat out demanded that the investigation be dropped and it would not have been obstruction or illegal.

At best, Comeys claim that Trump said he "hoped" proves Trump was ham handed, but it was not a crime.

Its irrelevant at this point though, because Trump is claiming he will say under oath that he did not say he hoped the investigation would end.

So one of the two are lying under oath (once Trump testifies) and that is a big deal

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

"Is it possible that Trump and Comey cooked this all up in private to forward an actual agenda? Aka: actually drain the swamp."

This has been my 'feeling' from the get go with a lot of what Trump does, says & tweets. It seems to be playing out more and more like some grand plan. And imo, how ironic that Trump would tweet something to the effect of "Comey better hope there are no tapes before he starts leaking documents." Makes one wonder if Trump knew exactly what documents Comey had and was planning on leaking....????

I just keep thinking that:
1.) Maybe it was the only way they could get the Lynch/Clinton thing out in the open
2.) It was a great platform to clear Trump of obstruction by stating that he (comey) only "felt" this or that, but that Trump never actually "directed" him to do this or that....
3.) It was the perfect venue to discredit the msm & the "unnamed" sources that are making so much noise and spreading such false information. Not only did this completely destroy the articles that had already been published but also discredits any future articles that may be published.
4.) Comey would have no fear of prosecution by revealing himself a leaker if there was promise of a pardon for doing so at the end of the show.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I think you are perhaps misinterpreting what Dershowitz is saying.

He is saying that what Trump did cannot possibly be obstruction, because he could have flat out demanded that the investigation be dropped and it would not have been obstruction or illegal.
No, that is about how I interpreted what he said. Trump could have done these things but he did not. Instead he tried to persuade Comey one on one, according to Comey’s testimony, which could be considered obstruction.

Its irrelevant at this point though, because Trump is claiming he will say under oath that he did not say he hoped the investigation would end.
Trump has said many things. I would like to see him testify under oath though.

So one of the two are lying under oath (once Trump testifies) and that is a big deal
So far only Comey has testified, do you think he is lying? Do you think Trump will actually testify under oath?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

There is not going to be any obstruction charge - It's dead. Seriously , get over it.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Moving away from Comey just a little and not trying to derail, but Mueller has drafted Michael Dreeben to his investigative team.

en.wikipedia.org...

Michael R. Dreeben (born c. 1954) is the Deputy Solicitor General in charge of the U.S. Department of Justice criminal docket before the United States Supreme Court. He has argued before the Supreme Court more than 100 times and is recognized as an expert in U.S. criminal law.[1][2]

The media (for what that's worth) is saying that Dreeben is the leading authority on Criminal Law in the United States. That is an intriguing development. The way I interpret it myself is that it is like getting a Victorinox Oyster Knife with Hooked Tip Blade and SuperGrip Handle to deal with a bucket of obstinate oysters, who don't want to open up. I think Dreeben is going to be used to open somebody up, some vulnerable somebody who might appreciate an offer of immunity when he realizes, thanks to patient explanations from Dreeben, just how precarious his position is.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

How can it be obstruction if he has the constitutional authority to legally halt any investigations?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

If he had that authority why didn't he use it?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

That's a very good question. Trump has that authority.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join