It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets go through Comeys testimoney in detail

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: luthier

In what reality do you live in, every conservative I know who isn't on the fringe thinks trump is an idiot who is blocking any real change on his own with his own actions.

There is only one reality... you might want to ask yourself what fantasy you are in.

How about defining the phrase "on the fringe"... oh, wait, you already did! Just like those who use your tactics have defined words and phrases that once had specific meanings into a personal definition. "Racist" = "one who disagrees with Obama." "Deplorable" = "one who does not support Hillary." "Homophobe" = "someone who disagrees with someone who is gay." "Xenophobe" = "someone who does not like people being killed by terrorists." And now, "fringe" of course means "someone who doesn't despise Trump."

Those tactics cost the Democrats the House, the Senate, a shot at the Supreme Court, and the White House in the 2016 election. In previous generations, such a loss would lead to the losing party becoming self-reflective enough to counter their loss in the midterm elections. But this time, they are doubling down and increasing their ferocity toward what cost them in the first place. It is a truly historic time, and the removal of those who hate America has only just begun.

I've been reading your posts in this thread. You're the guy who thinks that James Comey, the man who just confessed to a Federal crime he wasn't even accused of on national TV, is the greatest lawyer of all time. It reminds me of an old joke:

A wprld-renowned physicist, an old preacher, and a young boy scout were flying across the country when their plane lost its engine. They quickly discovered they only had two parachutes among them. The physicist exclaimed, "I am the smartest man in the world! I have to live for the good of all mankind!" before taking one of the packs and jumping out.

The old preacher looked at the young boy and said, "Son, I have lived a long life and am ready for God's judgement. Your life is still before you. Please, take the last parachute and save yourself."

The scout laughed and said, "Preacher, we still have two parachutes. The smartest man in the world just jumped out with my backpack."

TheRedneck

That is really cute but in about 8 days will just seem like a partisan ship in the night.

Your the guy who thinks James Comey career us prosecutor and former fbi head hasn't built a solid defense for himself.

Interesting. I guess time will tell

Hey where is Jeff sessions? Bet he could confirm or deny if Coney asked him not to be alone with the president...under oath, the real kind behind closed doors.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm sure Sessions will confirm the truth when and if asked. Don't worry; the truth will come out.

On second thought, worry! The truth will come out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'm sure Sessions will confirm the truth when and if asked. Don't worry; the truth will come out.

On second thought, worry! The truth will come out.

TheRedneck

Honestly I am more concerned with planning the future for my kids, as far as the things trump is bogging himself in, that is my issue.

My issue is if he falls so low the libs shoe in everyone they want and then more partisan food fights block up any chance of making America great for many different points of view. With as small of a government as possible unless the jobs have a direct impact like science work. For instance the cdc needs way more support to have stockpiled pandemic controls.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Thats the rub, he tried very hard to paint himself as a whistle blower... I still do not know what law trump broke, or tried to break... we are relying entirely on Comey's interpretation of what trump said... which means there is a suspicious lack of evidence of a crime being committed.

Either way we will probably never find out the actual truth... lynch will be the sacrificial lamb... which will deflect things pretty nicely and the actual truth will probably never see the light of day, and because he drop kicked lynch comey gets to walk and I expect the democrats will move on to something different in say the next 6-8 weeks. (possibly sooner, but I expect the media will beat the dead horse into paste before the page gets turned)

edit on 9-6-2017 by Irishhaf because: words

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Not sure what you mean with your comment about "actual evidence" with respects to Hillary Clinton. It's a proverbial mountain and isn't even debatable.

Trump's desire to dominate is not indicative of a dictatorship. Maybe you should brush up on what a true dictatorship looks like. Show me anywhere in our society where we even remotely resemble a dictatorship.

Just because it may be a common personality trait doesn't qualify him as a dictator.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If you're truly interested in your kids' futures, as I am, then you really should be rooting for Trump to succeed in clearing out the corruption Comey exposed. If it continues unabated, our children will likely be living in a third-world cesspool ruled by super wealthy overlords before we pass on.

Trump will not prove to be the best President in history... I know that. That's not why we elected him, and that's why no one seems to care about his snafus. But if he exposes the corruption that is eating away at our country, as he has already done in the cases of Flynn, Comey, Winner, and to some degree Lynch and Clinton, we have a chance to get a better overall President and Congress next time.

This is our last shot... I'm surprised we got this one, to be honest. If I am delusional about anything, it's the hope that we have this chance to reverse course.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Based on what I heard of Comey's testimony, I don't think there is enough there to impeach Trump. Going down that road is going to depend on what Mueller digs up.

In my opinion the most important thing Comey brought out was an appearance of what is called, in jurisprudence, "guilty knowledge", when he described how President Trump asked Attorney General Sessions and Jared Kushner to leave the room before discussing General Flynn's situation, in which discussion he, according to Comey, said:

www.theatlantic.com...

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

It could be argued in court that in asking witnesses to leave the room the president demonstrated guilty knowledge, i.e., knowing that what he was about to say to Comey was not legal.

Without going into detail about Comey's interpretation of this conversation with the president, in a court of law a jury would weigh up the facts and contentions about them and make a judgment.

In a court case the jury's focus would be very narrow and trained on the incident itself.

Personally, I don't think that this one incident, even if accepted to be improper and an effort to obstruct justice, would be enough to impeach the president. I think they will need a lot more. Barring some extraordinary revelation, ammunition for impeachment will have to come from the Mueller investigation, perhaps in the way of an offer of immunity to someone, like General Flynn for example.
edit on 9-6-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This is our last shot... I'm surprised we got this one, to be honest. If I am delusional about anything, it's the hope that we have this chance to reverse course. 

This part is so important because not only do most of us share this exact sentiment, but the anti-Trumpers fail to understand that this is the MAIN reason most of us support him. People think just because we don't criticize him enough and are able to look past such trivial issues, that it must mean we are some blind followers. If nothing else mattered at all, the notion that he is indeed genuine in his fight against the "administration" SHOULD be enough for anyone that truly cares about ANYTHING to reconsider there stance.

But of course, it's not really a surprise because the same entity that Trump is trying to fight are the same ones controlling the opposite narrative and the same ones that have been controlling the blind masses for decades.

Wake up!

edit on 9-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: zzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I am plenty awake enough to see Trump has no intention on draining any swamps and the GOP are currently ensuring their terrible plans get rubber stamped by Trump so they can blame him when things fail. Though I am surprised the are stalling health care. I guess that is something they cant blame on Trump due to years of trying to repeal.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

It could be argued in court that in asking witnesses to leave the room the president demonstrated guilty knowledge...

I have thought about this but unfortunately, I am not a lawyer. However, the CNN interview with Dershowitz seems to be pretty enlightening. If the President can end the investigation with full Constitutional authority, as many Presidents in the past have done, then would this not be immaterial?

I'm sure Trump was aware he could end everything with a word. I'm sure Trump was aware he could fire Comey with or without cause. Yet, according to Comey himself, Trump seems to try and work with the man for better or worse. Maybe this is where the loyalty issue comes up? IDK

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Despite the media hysteria, this Comey testimony was very good for Trump. Comey finally admitted publicly that Trump isn't even under investigation for Russian collusion (about the only thing Comey wouldn't leak, and the real reason he was fired). Also the Obstruction of Justice narrative basically fell flat on it's face. Will Democrats continue in their Trump psychosis, or will they finally move on to actual issues?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Not sure what you mean with your comment about "actual evidence" with respects to Hillary Clinton. It's a proverbial mountain and isn't even debatable.

Trump's desire to dominate is not indicative of a dictatorship. Maybe you should brush up on what a true dictatorship looks like. Show me anywhere in our society where we even remotely resemble a dictatorship.

Just because it may be a common personality trait doesn't qualify him as a dictator.

I never said we had a ditatorship. We have an oligarchy, we elected one and he wants to be a ditator, he likes other dictators.

Again what actual evidence do you have, I mean what literal evidence for court rooms did they have when the doj is telling the fbi head to make political statements?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

If you're truly interested in your kids' futures, as I am, then you really should be rooting for Trump to succeed in clearing out the corruption Comey exposed. If it continues unabated, our children will likely be living in a third-world cesspool ruled by super wealthy overlords before we pass on.

Trump will not prove to be the best President in history... I know that. That's not why we elected him, and that's why no one seems to care about his snafus. But if he exposes the corruption that is eating away at our country, as he has already done in the cases of Flynn, Comey, Winner, and to some degree Lynch and Clinton, we have a chance to get a better overall President and Congress next time.

TheRedneck

I honestly couldn't disagree more.

I prefer people who actually have ideas of how to fix problems they talk about that work in reality.

Trump is a demagogue, he ran on boogeymen and pessimism.

Sure it fits some people's frustration but the guy is incompetent so far. He is fabricating truth as bad as the media and flying by the seat of his pants engaging in personal battles.

Meanwhile only ludicrous policy ideas come from his office.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I never said we had a ditatorship. We have an oligarchy, we elected one and he wants to be a ditator, he likes other dictators.

Again what actual evidence do you have, I mean what literal evidence for court rooms did they have when the doj is telling the fbi head to make political statements?

Ok, now you are just babbling. First off, the oligarchy is not a result of Trump. The oligarchy has been established over a period of 21+ years based on data pulled from more than 1,800 policy initiatives. To refresh your memory on what that means is well connected individuals in Washington steer policy (usually) against the will of the people.

This my friend is the essence of the Washington political establishment. IT IS THE VERY ESSENCE. So when you make an absolutely asinine comment that Trump is an oligarch or a dictator it shows how very disconnected you are from what is actually happening. Because the very essence of the Washington political establishment is being directly threatened by Trump is the very reason why (as I said earlier) he will hit a brick wall at every turn. Why? Because Trump is trying to pass legislation and EOs that are directly what his voter base wants. This is the polar opposite of what an oligarch does.

Know what you are talking about before you start parroting left wing MSM BS.

Back OT regarding the OP. Comey proved what a sell out he is during his "I'm the victim" testimony. The unbelievable irony is this. Comey, the FBI, nor ANY US intelligence agency has zero credibility to make a claim that the Russians "hacked" anything because no US government agency has been able to verify any of the DNC hacking claims. They were denied access to the DNC servers. Period. Discussion over. If you never reviewed the actual servers then you have ZERO credibility to speak at any level of authority. It is impossible for you to have credibility. How anyone can argue otherwise shows how truly flawed their reasoning is.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
S+F = very good summary.

I want to add one thing. There is much being made about Trump clearing the room when he spoke to Comey - Comey himself using that fact to determine in his own mind that something was odd about the discussion. So far i have only heard liberals jumping to one conclusion.

I'd like to offer my own - two in fact:

1) Trump wanted a one on one with Comey so he could be sure if something leaked that it was Comey who did it.
2) Trump threw the other people out because he suspected one of them was leaking.

Leaks were front and centre at the time, especially about Flynn.
edit on 10/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Was/is Obama an oligarch?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I honestly couldn't disagree more.

I prefer people who actually have ideas of how to fix problems they talk about that work in reality.

Let me explain reality to you.

In 2008, I was moving my employment to be more available for my family (I was an OTR truck driver, and I had a teenage daughter and preteen son who needed Daddy at home more). I had a good job that still payed well enough for us to live comfortably, and yet let me be home 4 nights a week. Then the recession hit. Thank you Bush... I was replaced by cheaper but less experienced workers and spent 8 years trying to find enough work to keep body and soul together. Thank you Obama.

During that time I watched my friends around me. Most had good jobs, and without a single exception, they all felt like things just weren't as bad as people were making it out to be... until one by one they got hit as well. Just like you, they looked at those complaining about Obama as just pundits until they were out of work and couldn't find more. Suddenly they were trying to understand why no one warned them. Riiiiiight....

Trump is a demagogue, he ran on boogeymen and pessimism.

Sure it fits some people's frustration but the guy is incompetent so far. He is fabricating truth as bad as the media and flying by the seat of his pants engaging in personal battles.

In both those statements, you have not specified a single example of even why you feel Trump is any of the things you called him. Not one. Demagogue, fear-monger, incompetent, fabricator, liar... but no reason why. There is a reason: you've been told all those things and you believe them. Belief is not evidence. Comey's testimony is evidence, especially the parts where he admitted to personal criminal activity and political collusion on the part of Loretta Lynch.

Meanwhile only ludicrous policy ideas come from his office.

He saved us $3B ($3,000,000,000.00) by pulling out of the Paris Accord alone. He has proposed a tax plan that will most certainly create more jobs for Americans. He has opened the door for clean coal advancement, potentially saving that entire industry. He has secured pledges from several companies to increase their presence and provide jobs in the US. He has secured the release of hostages. He seems to have caused a shift in Arabic attitudes toward terrorism (Qatar?). He has established a no-lobbying agreement for his entire staff. He has tried to implement a travel ban to 6 countries with unstable governments to prevent terrorism. He has opened up construction on two pipelines that are already creating jobs and will reduce dependency on Arabic oil. He has given NASA a direction: we're going to Mars, and I am already seeing the engineering jobs market opening up around Marshall Space Flight Center. He has started a conversation about poor medical treatment inside the VA.

I don't know how you define "ludicrous," but it most certainly is not how I define it. I define it more along the lines of tossing out baseless accusatory names like a frustrated third-grader while ignoring facts.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Presidents don't need to be oligarchs, they are figure heads in the oligarch's eyes. That's why for 20+ (60?) years it hasn't really mattered what party or president is elected, the same deep state pattern of war for profit, of letting corporations rise to rule us, and a steady chipping away of our rights, has held sway.

Perhaps to be president one usually has to show you can work with the oligarchs, but their power is so entrenched, so deep and so wide, that perhaps sometimes presidents don't even know they are just figure heads for the oligarchs.

It really does seem, though, that Trump has thrown a monkey wrench into their plans...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So in fact he covered for the current administration, like a crony-- I mean Comey. He covered for Hillary about her server too. They liked him so much they brought him back just for that. Firing him first so he wouldn't face prosecution. Guy is a good minion, people want to make more of it than that, go ahead.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahasrara

Your're right, It doesn't matter who the Game Show host is, they just follow script. They know exactly who they work for and what the program is. Carrying your first idea further, remember, scandal sells. They need a scandal to create controversy, like Obamas birth certificate for instance, to distract from whats really going on behind the curtain.

With Trump it looks like his taxes and fraternization with the Russians didn't fly as far, so far. So they will roll with whatever comes up... naturally.

The Trump circus must go on.

We all been trumped.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join