Comey’s testimony today was a bad day for Trump haters. Not only did he fail to prove Trump committed any crimes, he also threw the media, Lorretta
Lynch, and himself under the bus. I plan on going through the areas of importance for the testimony, and pointing why it was a bad day for Trump
Obstruction of Justice by Trump.
This was arguably the most important thing that people were concerned with from this testimony. The anti-Trump media has been obsessed with this
idea, and has even put counters up until the testimony at the sheer glee they would have if Trump was guilty of this.
So what did Comey say.
He admits that Trump did not literally tell him to end the investigation. He says based on the fact he asked people to leave the room, and said he
hoped the investigation would end, that he had a feeling Trump was demanding he end it. Here is the problem with this.
1. He admits that Trump’s words were not obstruction.
2. He says he got a feeling that was what Trump was doing, but later admits in testimony that he had a hard time getting a feeling for what Trump was
3. He admits that if an FBI agent thinks a crime occurred, they should report it to the appropriate people (the AG). He did not do this. In fact,
he offered to resign in the past when he felt he was asked to do something unethical, but did nothing here.
4. He says he didn’t let others in the FBI know this because he felt it would have affected the investigation. Yet Trump publicly said almost the
same thing to the media the next day (that he felt Flynn was a good man and hoped he would be cleared).
Also, this admission counters with the idea that the FBI, which knew not only that Obama didn’t want Hillary found guilty, but also knew that Lynch
asked that the investigation be called a matter instead of investigation, conducted an appropriate investigation of Hillary. This investigation
including unprecedented things such as allowing a person under investigation (Huma) to sit in on another suspects interview (Hillary), and not taking
notes on the investigation.
Did Comey just admit that the FBI is biased based on the whims of a President?
5. Comey admits Trump never mentioned Flynn again, and that the investigation was unimpeded.
6. Comey told sessions to not let him in a room alone again with Trump. This was because he was so afraid that Trump would ask him something
inappropriate. Despite this, he spoke several more times in private on the phone with Trump, and Trump never brought up anything about stopping
7. Comey admits that Trump told him that he hoped they would investigate any “satellite people” in his administration that worked inappropriately
with Russia, and get to the bottom of it.
This hardly sounds like the words of a man trying to stop an investigation.
All of these facts seem to overwhelm Comey's feeling that there was something serious going on. This alone was a huge blow to the ant trump people.
The best they can get out of this is that Trump is a jerk or an idiot, hardly the bombshell they wanted.
Trump is not concerned with Russia
The next thing worth mentioning is the narrative that Trump is not concerned with Russia or the investigation. Some points on this.
1. Comey blatantly lies when the one democrat (Heinrich) asks him if he can recall any conversations when Trump seemed concerned with Russia. Comey
Yet in his testimony earlier that day, he admits Trump discussed investigating satellite people in his campaign and getting to the bottom of any wrong
2. Trump has publicly decried any attempts to influence the election from Russia, and said it won’t be tolerated.
3. Comey and the rest of the Dems and the media rarely mention the only crimes we do know are occurring, the leaking of classified info. Based on
the fact they are implying that Trump not constantly discussing Russia somehow means he has no problem with those crimes, are they admitting they have
no problem with the crimes of the leaks?
4. Comey admitted (as have others) that Russia has attempted to influence elections for a long time, and will do so in the future. Presumably Obama
knew this, and yet he mocked Romney for suggesting Russia was a problem. Based on the Democrats logic, doesn’t this prove that Obama was ok with
Russian interference is an enormous deal
People on all sides seemed to agree that looking into Russia is one of the biggest concerns for this country, that we were attacked and that this
could jeopardize our very democracy. So here are some points on that.
1. As stated above, Russia has apparently been doing this for a long time. So why did Obama and many others laugh at Romney for worrying about
Russians. It seems suspicious that they are only concerned when they think it negatively affected them.
2. If this is such a huge deal, why is it only Trumps people being looked at. Why is there no conversation of the many people in Hillarys campaign
that had connections to Russia. Granted she lost and it appears the Russians were against her, but if they are so clever and insidious as everyone
seems to be agreeing, wouldn’t they alos have tried to get dirt or collude people from both sides. If this is truly a nonpartisan investigation of
such importance, why wouldn’t all sides be looked into?
3. The most damning negation of this point. If the Russia thing is so huge, WHY DID THE FBI NOT PERSONALLY LOOK AT THE DNC SERVERS? Why did the DNC
not want them to do this.
All of this energy on Russian hacking, and the best possible method onf not only proving that they did it, but developing strategies to stop them in
the future, and the FBI takes a pass? That’s unbelievable!
Comey admits in todays testimony that usually it is very important to look at the physical evidence on the server, but says they used a very good
source (Crowd Strike, who happens to be connected to the DNC) to do this for them.
This proves that the Russia investigation is less about the safety of our election systems, and more of a witch hunt against Trump.
edit on 10/6/17 by argentus because: Put a space between "testimony" and "in" at the request of the OP.