It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Pass Bill to Rip Up Post-Crisis Bank Rules

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: theantediluvian

I say let the banks fail, it may result in the economy crashing but sometimes sacrifices have to be made of we ever hope to make progress.

LOL oh no Light thats just for us dumbass small people that need to fall down so they can pick dim selves up again and all that bull crapola. Not dem big cats doe day is to big to fail.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Apparently you guys don't understand how a free market is suppose to work.

Crashes are good they force evolution and give others opportunities to purchase the assets of failed corporations and restructure the business in a more profitable way.

No daddy government should not be solving all of our problems.

Crashes will happen and it will force us to adapt to a better system.

Seriously am I the only free market person left on the boards?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

So how is going back to the way it was before an evolution? Sounds more like devolution.
edit on 6/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Crashes are good

When those crashes personally affect you we'll see how "good" they are.

One day you'll grow up....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Excuse me??

I think America needs to grow up and start paying for it's mistakes, daddy government needs to stop bailing out the banks and big corporations and acting as the end all be all solution provider and let the free market solve it's own problems through evolution.

Unless you can formulate a coherent position and defend it without personal attacks see ya later!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

But you don't seem to understand how Daddy bailed out all the big dogs. That big insurance under writer got 60 billion was it.......it was said if not bailed out that a big deep darker than dark depression would set in. But you said that was good right? Save for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So, where were you during 2007-2008 when Wall Street collapsed our economy and then was bailed out via tax dollars?

No one was arrested. Wall Street big wigs used those tax dollars to give themselves huge bonuses. They made ungoldly amounts of money and their only consequence was paying Uncle Sam fines.

Trump put the very men behind this crisis into his cabinet to run our economy.

But yeah, let's not regulate their careless and greedy ways because of partisan hackery.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

What's that have to do with the price of tea in China and Dodd Frank?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Liquesence
Great, let's just institute more de-reg policies and set the stage for another crisis like we had under Bush.

In fairness though, it started LONG before Bush was even a player. Somewhere around the Reagan years, perhaps a little earlier.

1971, when Tricky Dick (Richard Nixon) took us off the gold standard.

It's been hell ever since for the middle class.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Excuse me??

Pretty sure I didn't stutter.

I think America needs to grow up and start paying for it's mistakes,

(*its) It did, and now you seem to advocate the same thing happening again.

Unless you can formulate a coherent position and defend it without personal attacks see ya later!

I did. When it affects you personally, we'll see how good they are. But you have to get out into the real world for that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What's that have to do with the repeal of Dodd Frank?

I was right here learning how the market works as an awake and aware and recently unemployed sales professional due to the market crash.

Had FDR never bailed us out in 1920's we would have never faced this crap to begin with, don't forget he set precedence for bailouts and social programs. Big daddy government.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

You might refer to 'Hegelian Dialectic'. The example is used to describe the implementation of the FED.

A deliberate situation wherein the problem was created to be 'solved' with a system that was worse than what it was designed to solve in the first place.

Guess what? We got the same mechanism when those regulations were put in yet again this time around.

Just as 'getting rid of the Fed' is next to useless and may even give us something even worse, without a proper replacement, so is this. It's not the getting rid of it that's worrisome, it's what replaces it!!

Watch them. I don't just mean the republicans, but all of them, both sides of the aisle. Even Trump.

Interesting times indeed.....

link   

Crashes are good for free market economies it enables other business to buy up failed assets and create a new business model that works.

It's a really simple model and it doesn't require personal attacks and sarcasm to understand.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Logarock

What's that have to do with the price of tea in China and Dodd Frank?

You don't really buy the Dodd/Frank line of BS do you? Or China? China the same market that republicans are trying to protect by opposing market protections for US firms.......them guys?
edit on 8-6-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You should read up on Dodd Frank and why it was implemented.

Btw, Dodd Frank was very weak when it came to regulating those who collapsed our economy but it was something. Now that Trump and his cohorts have eliminated it there is nothing in their way. Expect a major economic crisis in the next couple of years and we'll see what tune you're singing then.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Apparently you guys don't understand how a free market is suppose to work.

Crashes are good they force evolution and give others opportunities to purchase the assets of failed corporations and restructure the business in a more profitable way.

No daddy government should not be solving all of our problems.

Crashes will happen and it will force us to adapt to a better system.

Seriously am I the only free market person left on the boards?

Such a free market can only exist in anarchy. There are plenty of competitive advantages that require regulations. For example, if you pour antifreeze in your wines you can stretch your product 33% further. You'll make many people sick, but the free market can decide if it was the right move for your business or not.

From the consumer side, a free market also requires free and readily accessible information on each company/product. We don't have that, certain information is kept confidential within the company. Other information is distroted by marketers. Without a clean, clear, and available information no customer can make a truly informed purchase which is the idea that underlies every free market principal.

Then you have the employees. Under the system of open information, everyone should know what everyone else makes, and use that to their advantage to secure better wages. However, the companies that do this, pay more in payroll and less in investing in their own business. The more competitive move to survive in the market, is to obscure information.

The most competitive product survives. Not the one at the best wages or quality possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Didn't we already perform this "let the free market dictate..." shtick before with disastrous results?

Why would we want to repeat history when we already know the result was a bad one?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Crashes are good for free market economies it enables other business to buy up failed assets and create a new business model that works.

It's a really simple model and it doesn't require personal attacks and sarcasm to understand.

Yea is that why american industry was shipped all over the world? Better model? Building up faiedl US firms was a good model?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

So the 2007 recession was a good thing? I'm guessing you weren't affected by it otherwise you wouldn't be saying economic crashes are a good thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

So, now FDR is to blame?

and recently unemployed sales professional due to the market crash.

The market crash caused you to be unemployed and you're wanting that to happen again?

Sounds like an economic Stockholm syndrome you're experiencing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join