It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babies can recognise faces while still in the womb, scientists find

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Just so I understand, the baby is the parasite?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes. I realize that some see it as a child, human, son, daughter, etc... but the way I see it is something that defiles a hosts body, sucks up nutrients, and eventually leaves and sucks up financial support for decades following. Parasite is an apt term.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That's what I thought you were saying. And you are right, opinions vary.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
anti - abortion threads galore.

an effort to rile the base? lol

what ya all so scared of?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I don't think this will have any effect on the abortion debate, 90% of abortions are performed in the first trimester, this experiment was performed during the third trimester. There is a huge difference between the development of a baby between those two stages.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: seasonal

Yes. I realize that some see it as a child, human, son, daughter, etc... but the way I see it is something that defiles a hosts body, sucks up nutrients, and eventually leaves and sucks up financial support for decades following. Parasite is an apt term.

That's kind of hard to argue with.
It's also hard to agree with.
edit on 2017-06-08T19:02:27-05:002201708America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Agreed, but what this will do is humanize a fetus.

And it will also open up research into earlier tests. And that is where the real rub will be. Not for me. But for some people.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: seasonal

Link?

I find this very hard to believe, that they can "see" faces while in the womb, and with eyes closed.

Maybe they respond to voices, or perhaps they are more tuned to respond to the energy/aura emanating from people?

When the cells start dividing, the first thing formed is a neural tube that forms the spine, brain and eyes. In just about every organism these are the first organs to be formed. Then the spine, limbs and other senses. So the

I've had a theory that perhaps we are able to sense the oxygenated state of haemoglobin of other people. Visible light is the range of the electromagnetic spectrum that best passes through water and skin tissue. There are also three peaks where the two states differ the most.

omlc.org...

380nm is UltraViolet, 490nm is lime-green, 600nm to 800 nm is yellow to infra-red.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I don't foresee this having any dent in the ongoing debate. Primarily because the most adamant pro-choicers don't even care if the baby is alive or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not surprising humans are very visual as the brain memorizes faces quite well would make sense that eye site developes earlier on than not. More here: Source

Before the eye site of the infant is more developed, they rely on scent.

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: seasonal

Link?

I find this very hard to believe, that they can "see" faces while in the womb, and with eyes closed.

Maybe they respond to voices, or perhaps they are more tuned to respond to the energy/aura emanating from people?

At about eight months old fetuses open their eyes. Older info-

Since there's no such thing as a womb with a view, it's no great loss that a baby's eyes, which form in the first trimester, are sealed shut until about the seventh month. After they open, the fetus is able to see, but there's little or no light to see anything by. Some doctors have reported, however, that if you shine a very bright light up inside the uterus, the fetus will turn away from it. Similarly, doctors suspect that the fetus may be able to detect a faint glow if a strong light is pointed right at mom's belly. Ultrasound has also revealed that fetuses gradually open and close their eyes more and more as they near delivery, as if practicing for blinking and seeing in the outside world.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
I don't foresee this having any dent in the ongoing debate. Primarily because the most adamant pro-choicers don't even care if the baby is alive or not.

Why would it anyway. This is talking about eight months along, not earlier abortions which are way more common.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Perhaps this is going to spur research into earlier fetal senses. I have heard that fetuses can't feel pain-don't/can't think as some of the many reasons for a pro abortion stance.

This may be the very beginning of fetal research that changes minds-or it means nothing. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
No they can't, they're just a bundle of cells.

In the third trimester? I've never once heard anyone make such a ridiculous claim. Get out with that nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Can't be sure, but I think the post was taking on the pro abortion side of the argument to be sarc.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
kidshealth.org...
This really does not describe a babies site well for all intents and peruses babies is all but blind at birth .
Can see light and general shapes Moms face being the one baby will focas on as face and voice match ( and baby sure KNOWS voice well .
The whole talk to unborn works and works good they sure respond to Voice lol
Ps neat fact Unknown to me my first son had poor eye site very very poor + 11.75 ( coke bottle glasses )
anyway mom wore glasses her self and all he could see was fuzzy face with glasses ANY women for the first 9 months could quite him as long as she had Glasses and did not talk ( he know then it wasnt mom lol )
anyway at 18 months I discovered his bad eye site .
so off to get coke bottle glasses i went .
The change was amazing 9 his whole world opened up never onec did he louse or him self brake a pair of glass on the very first day i just had him put his glasses on his dresser .
Never once did i need to say hey your glasses even at 18 months they became his life line teh day he put them on .
anyway he is 23 now and I have such a hard time getting him to use his contacts or glasses now . lol
newborn's eyesight is between 20/200 and 20/400. blind as a bat lol
edit on 9-6-2017 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join