It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Election 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm starting this because I don't see another such thread. The polls have closed in the UK and the first results should be known in about an hour. The BBC (and others) exit poll indicates the likelihood of the following results for the most important parties:

It should be a very interesting night for UK watchers.

Interesting that paper ballots are used in the UK, which must be counted by hand.

I'm watching the BBC live coverage at:

www.bbc.com...
edit on 8-6-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
Interesting that paper ballots are used in the UK, which must be counted by hand.

It´s because nothing electronical is secure.
It´s better like this, with paper ballots, in the times we have to live in nowadays!

edit on 8 6 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Re the paper ballot, why oh why did people in the US of A allow their system to be converted to a computer.. Atleast in the UK you have physical evidence of the vote, with a computer all bets are off as to how they could be manipulated.

Nothing is 100% secure but I am thankful the way we do it in the UK.

RA

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I agree. In Canada we mark a paper ballot which is counted by machine. I like the old way better. I have more confidence in it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Don't follow UK stuff too closely.

Is con the conservative party? Are they like US conservatives?

Which group is the one that wants to stop the complete and total ongoing destruction of the UK?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yes "con" is the Conservative Party.

They are like the US conservatives who are still royalist loyalists.

None of them would admit to being in favour of that, except for the Scots Nats maybe.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

2017 UK General Elections RESULTS thread

About 9 pages there.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unnecessary post.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Theresa and Trump sittin in a tree!
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
It appears the people of UK are making another wise decision.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

They're in different forums, 2 might be allowed.

Its all good

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
really hope this exit poll is right

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think one of the most interesting things going on tonight is what voters attitudes to the Scots Nats is. Do they want another referendum or are thy going to rebuke the Scots Nats on that point by voting Conservative. The exit poll indicates that they are going to lose a substantial number of seats.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I dont think its really a indication of how people feel about indyref2

For example I would probably now vote for independence however I voted labour. I think that the SNPs huge gains in the last election were more about people turning away form new labour and being invigorated with the prospect of independence.

I have voted labour, but also vote SNP in Scottish elections and would probably vote in favour of independence.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think the polls are indicating that they will lose around 22 seats. That's quite striking I think, since Nicola Sturgeon must have felt that independence was within reach.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

I think the polls are indicating that they will lose around 22 seats. that's quite striking I think, since Nicola Sturgeon must feel that independence is within reach.

It is a lot but when you look at polls regarding public views on independence, its still pretty much 50/50. Lets see how the night goes, I dont think they will lose 22 seats.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Labour has won in the safe seat of Sunderland.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
According to analysts the UKIP vote is dropping drastically and their voters are in flight to the Conservatives and to Labour. I think the expectation is that they would go mostly to the Conservatives. We'll see if that happens.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Everyone brace yourself for liberal meltdowns, temper tantrums, racist xenophobe etc labeling, rioting on the Internet, crying in the streets, Google top searches tomorrow being "what is brexit", MSM spin cycles, and so on.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Everyone brace yourself for liberal meltdowns, temper tantrums, racist xenophobe etc labeling, rioting on the Internet, crying in the streets, Google top searches tomorrow being "what is brexit", MSM spin cycles, and so on.

We already voted on Brexit, what did you vote for today lol?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What i read earlier is your vote today determines if brexit will actually happen or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join