It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Admits He Leaked Private Information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And was that one leaked?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

He meant not being comfortable around him because he seemed shady.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

And was that one leaked?

First off I thought you were so sure none of them were classified?

Now I did just find this bit later in the testimony.

BLUNT: So you didn't consider your memo or your sense of that conversation to be a government document. You considered it to be, somehow, your own personal document that you could share to the media as you wanted through a friend?

COMEY: Correct. I understood this to be my recollection recorded of my conversation with the president. As a private citizen, I thought it important to get it out.

BLUNT: Were all your memos that you recorded on classified or other memos that might be yours as a private citizen?

COMEY: I'm not following the question.

BLUNT: You said you used classified —

COMEY: Not the classified documents. Unclassified. I don't have any of them anymore. I gave them to the special counsel. My view was that the content of those unclassified, memorialization of those conversations was my recollection recorded.

www.politico.com...

I believe this may be Comey awkwardly saying that he only gave his friend the unclassified memos.

However, he still made the comments I showed from before, where when being asked about the memos in their entirity said he gave them to a friend.

No doubt he will claim that he only gave classified ones to a friend now that the storm has hit.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Pretty sure he's talking about two very different things... classified communications through email with appropriate people and then the unclassified ones he's leaked. I don't get where your hang up is.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So probably a coincidence, but Comey apparently
has ties to Columbia University.

While he attended William & Mary, his comrade
leaker friend attended Columbia.

Comey is 56 yrs, Barack Obama is 55.

What age is the leaker, Daniel Richman?

Did Daniel and and Barack Obama attend
Columbia together?

Daniel is a Columbia University Professor...

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That is very interesting, I am sure that by now the leaker name is known, by the intelligence panel.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: xuenchen

So having his own memos leaked is leaking "private" information??

I'm confused. If he wrote the memos, and he is the author, how are these memos "private?"

He had the conversation(s) with Trump while he was FBI Director.

All of which was "classified" automatically at the time because they were discussing ongoing investigations.

Bingo.

Um...if he didn't provide details into the investigation that negates your "theory" that the information is private.

His disclosure didn't jeopardize any part of the investigation as he gave no details. Please try again.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

You don't know what he gave to his cohort who is not authorized to see any official material.

The blade will drop and drop hard and fast.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Um...if he didn't provide details into the investigation that negates your "theory" that the information is private.

His memos were generated in the course of doing his job; the memos are property of the us government. Perhaps you should research federal records regulations.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And for all we know, the "notes" could be half fabricated.

Another can of worms.

It'll be a war of "Notes" vs "Tapes"

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You don't know what he gave to his cohort who is not authorized to see any official material.

The blade will drop and drop hard and fast.

And nor do you. So let's see some proof before you talk about "the blade" and "private information."

All unsubstantiated.

The blade won't drop because the investigation continues.

Your emperor is naked.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I got the feeling that Trump played Comey like a puppet. Businessman's never trust those that are not part of their close inner circle. Trump knew which side Comey leaned too.

He knew Comey was up to something sinister !!

It's quite possible Trump may have tapes of the meeting with Comey...I think President Trump is a step ahead of this mess it could be he planned these meetings with Comey to expose the leakers...
edit on 9-6-2017 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unless said memo is classified, it is public domain.

Perhaps you could provide a statute that disputes this.

Funny how Comey was the hero of the right when he was investigating Clinton (who is evil as hell) but now the right wants his head on a stake because he's got some dirt on the emperor's new clothes.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys...Trump is dirty, just like any politician, just like any millionaire. Only, unlike any other millionaire, he's turning the oval office into a source for his own profit.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it's a good thing Trump loves leakers, and like the campaign trail, everyone here agreed it was what was leaked that's important not who leaked what.

or has this changed since Trump won

obstruction obstruction

Oh, you know it has! Leaking was all the rage and the most patriotic thing one could do right up until mid November of 2016. Then....

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

The thing is the NYT was reporting on the leaked memos the day BEFORE the tweet that triggered him.

That's what his lawyer is saying.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President. The leaks of this privileged information began no later than March 2017 when friends of Mr. Comey have stated he disclosed to them the conversations he had with the President during their January 27, 2017 dinner and February 14, 2017 White House meeting.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends of his, purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. Mr, Comey also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of those memos to the press in order to, in Mr. Comey’s words, “prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Although Mr. Comey testified that he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from those memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to be entirely retaliatory.

With Comey knowing the track record of the NY Times, why would he not instruct his friend to leak it to some other media outlet ? Of all the papers, his friend picks the saltiest one of them all.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join