It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Admits He Leaked Private Information

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Is it possible? Can I hope? Is the corrupt House of Cards about to come tumbling down? Comey excoriated himself today, imo, and I think some of it was accidental.

DrainTheSwamp, Mr. President! The American People are firmly behind you....except for a few silly people.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Grambler

At 1:19 in response to Susan Collins his exact words were
"My judgement was, I needed to get that out into the public square and so I asked a friend of mine to the share the content of the MEMO with a reporter"

He may have used the plural form of memo multiple times throughout tree entire testimony, but in that instance he said memo.

go to 1:19

Comey created several conflicting stories today.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: matafuchs

It could be, but something is coming very sure out all this Comey Trump now affair, the Russian collusion is now starting to fall apart.

All just a bunch of lies to discredit the President.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: marg6043

Comey's freind Goes Into Hiding After Revelations!

Looks like Comey's friend is worried!

He will be hiding in the curtains.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh, but, but, Comey is talking the truth and he call Trump a liar, so nothing Trump say is going to be true because Comey already warned us.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Oh my, the man is that afraid? you think is because the Clintons?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The NYT reporter is also refusing to talk now.

He has been interviewing TWO of Comey's friends,
They were both collaboratingwith him.

I wonder How Loretta Lynch is feeling today?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Do you wonder why a 6' 8" FBI man would be uncomfortable around President Trump?

Maybe it's because he knows Comey's dirty little "secrets".

Maybe that's why Donald Trump said Comey is a "nut job". I bet he's right!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

The NYT reporter is also refusing to talk now.

He has been interviewing TWO of Comey's friends,
They were both collaboratingwith him.

I wonder How Loretta Lynch is feeling today?

Miss "Lynch-pin" is reviewing extradition treaties before she takes her vacation.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

All these crazy name coincidences.

It's getting to me lol. Lynch Pin 😂

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

At 1:19 in response to Susan Collins his exact words were
"My judgement was, I needed to get that out into the public square and so I asked a friend of mine to the share the content of the MEMO with a reporter"

He may have used the plural form of memo multiple times throughout tree entire testimony, but in that instance he said memo.

go to 1:19

First to those (not you) saying Comey never said some of the memos were classified, you are wrong.

On this point, you are correct that he does say memo there.

But look at this part.

COLLINS: Finally, did you show copies of your memos to anyone outside of the department of justice?

COMEY: Yes.

COLLINS: And to whom did you show copies?

COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might a tape. My judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square. I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons. I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. I asked a close friend to do it.

www.politico.com...

Note that he was asked if he showed copies of his memos to anyone else, not memo singularly. He makes no dilliniation to only showing one memo.

And here.

LANKFORD: The individual that you told about your memos, that then were sent on to The New York Times, did you have a copy of the memos or told orally?

COMEY: Had a copy at the time.

LANKFORD: Do they still have a copy of those memos?

COMEY: Good question. I think so. I guess I can't say for sure sitting here, but — I guess I don't know. But I think so.

LANKFORD: So the question is, could you ask them to hand that copyright back to you so you can hand them over to this committee?

COMEY: Potentially.

LANKFORD: I would like to move that from potentially to seeing if we can ask that question so we can have a copy of those. Obviously, the notes are really important to us, so we can continue to get to the facts as we see it. The written documents are exceptionally important.

COMEY: Yeah.

www.politico.com...

Again, he is saying memos plurally. He gave hard copies of his memos to his friend. He doesn't say, "I gave him only the unclassified"

It is clear Lankford is referncing the meos in their totallity, as he wants all of the documents used for comeys statement, and Comey replies he gave hard copies to his friend.

This is a crime.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

He has committed a crime regardless of what those wanting to believe Comey is all good believe, he incriminated himself and is going to be repercussions.

That is for sure, but also it depend how far those in charge of investigations will want to take it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

None of the memo's are classified and never were.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No, NYT and WPO news? what the heck, where are the leaks, I thought it was "multiple" sources, darn if they don't have anymore leaks now it means only one thing, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I listened to the whole thing how so?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

They will be classified later, when the FBI decides to release them.

The FBI owns the computer he wrote on, and the material.

Comey was FBI Director "at the time", therefore..........

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Why would they be classified after they've been in the public domain?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

He used FBI computers too.

Dissemination of FBI information is made strictly in accordance with provisions of the Privacy Act; Title 5, United States Code, Section 552a; FBI policy and procedures regarding discretionary release of information in accordance with the Privacy Act; and other applicable federal orders and directives.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm on my phone and don't feel like dealing with all the copying and pasting but go to 1:33 Comey tells Roy Blunt that he only sent his friend the Flynn memo. Then right after that he explains it even further.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Ok Kali, I am going to show you in Comeys own words that some of these memos were classified.

I look forward to you then admitting that Comey broke the law.

HEINRICH: The memos that you wrote, you wrote — did you write all nine of them in a way that was designed to prevent them from needing classification?

COMEY: No. On a few of the occasions, I wrote — I sent emails to my chief of staff on some of the brief phone conversations I had. The first one was a classified briefing. Though it was in a conference room at Trump Tower, it was a classified briefing. I wrote that on a classified device. The one I started typing in the car, that was a classified laptop I started working on.

www.politico.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join