It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Admits He Leaked Private Information

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Comey's "Notes" became property of the FBI the minute he wrote them.

No classifying authorities ever saw them.

Comey himself had no authority to release them without review.

Busted.

This is correct.

If I have a meeting with Trump about a terrorism investigation, I can't write down details of that and then send them to a friend. I would have to first make sure the appropriate agencies approved it.

Comeys belief that it was unclassified means nothing.

Look at it this way.

Mueller will look at these memos and determine rather or not to recommend a case for obstruction of justice for Trump.

It is evidence. Comey had no right to release this possible evidence to the press.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Guys I don't think the issue is really about whether the memos were classified or not. The point is, Comey tried to "prompt the appointment of a special council" by insinuating that Trump interfered with the Flynn investigation, when in fact Trump did nothing of the such.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to...?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

"I hope you can find your way to let Flynn go."

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Guys I don't think the issue is really about whether the memos were classified or not. The point is, Comey tried to "prompt the appointment of a special council" by insinuating that Trump interfered with the Flynn investigation, when in fact Trump did nothing of the such.

That is it in a nutshell!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I got the feeling that Trump played Comey like a puppet. Businessman's never trust those that are not part of their close inner circle. Trump knew which side Comey leaned too.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

He did admit that as a motive.

I'm seeing many opinions Comey violated the Espionage Act.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I got the feeling that Trump played Comey like a puppet. Businessman's never trust those that are not part of their close inner circle. Trump knew which side Comey leaned too.

He knew Comey was up to something sinister !!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

"Hope and Chains"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Big issue with most of your comments regarding anonymous sources not being legit. 😂

The insane clown posse up in the white house is playing their 30 to 35% supporters real good.

Pretty sure the dorito is fuming.

Don the liar is sure hoping there is no tapes of the conversations....

link   

According to...?

Probably on the 47 hard drives.

Simple law will suffice however.

link   

I agree, Trump is many things, but naïve he is not and never has been.

He knew the vermin he would be surrounding himself with once he took office before he had the chance to clean the swamp.

He triggered Comey, fired him by surprise and that is why Comey retaliated.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey never admitted to giving classified "evidence" over to the press. There was nothing classified in the pre-testimonial statement submitted to the press, either. Trump and Comey weren't even supposed to be discussing the Russian investigation, so they couldn't have been discussing "classified" info about that, and Comey never mentioned any other issues that may, or may not have been discussed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Ooops! Double post.

edit on 8-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
this thread is one big wet-dream for all you right-wingers....at this point, I just laugh at the crying, and the emotionally-pained outbursts from the right accusing anyone disagreeing with trump with some type of conspiracy......Mueller will bury trump. oh, it'll take a few months, but you all know it, it's just a matter of time....trump is his own worst enemy, and he will continue to be.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

But he could have been leaking classified information
all along. In fact many of his comrades on Twitter
pretty much give this away.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The 47 hard drives that only exist in right wing hysteria alongside Pizzagate and the Seth Rich conspiracy. Stick on Loretta Lynch, that's probably your only there, there.
edit on 6/8/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this thread is one big wet-dream for all you right-wingers....at this point, I just laugh at the crying, and the emotionally-pained outbursts from the right accusing anyone disagreeing with trump with some type of conspiracy......Mueller will bury trump. oh, it'll take a few months, but you all know it, it's just a matter of time....trump is his own worst enemy, and he will continue to be.

That's odd, I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry when I see how pained the left is every time Trump gets proven right for something "totally crazy" he said, then how they just go on trucking, so certain that they'll get him "next time", because we all know there must be something evil he's done. Actually he doesn't even need to do something wrong, it's easy enough to just make stuff up or crucify him for saying he hopes for a certain outcome.
edit on 8/6/2017 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

But he could have been leaking classified information

He could have been. It's possible.

In fact many of his comrades on Twitter pretty much give this away.

Ah, the plot thickens!
I'm not aware of that, but the only Twiiter posts I follow are the ones already in the news. I must have missed those, if they were in the news. Anyway, I was referring to Comey's testimony only.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join