It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey Admits He Leaked Private Information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Former FBI Director James Comey admitted in front of a Senate hearing that he intentionally leaked information about his confidential meeting(s) with President Trump.

Big issue since Trump had inquired and emphasized displeasure and concern with all the leaks that came out after Trump's election.

Comey himself apparently was just as concerned.

So now he admits he leaked at least one set of news-busting information documents to a 3rd, non-governmental party.

Comey said he was "triggered" by a Trump Tweet !!

Well Well. I bet Trump suspected Comey all along.

Trump's "tapes" tweet prompted Comey to leak memos

Fired FBI Director James Comey appeared in front of the Senate Intelligence Committee to testify about his interactions with President Trump as they relate to the federal government's Russia probe — and there's been some significant revelations thus far.

A big thing: Comey refused to state whether he believed that President Trump's request to shut down the investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn amounted to obstruction of justice — saying it was a question for the investigation's special counsel Bob Mueller — but he called it "a very disturbing thing, very concerning."

Another big thing: After his firing and this Trump tweet, Comey asked a close friend of his — Columbia law professor Daniel Richman — to leak the content of his memos to the media with the hope of triggering the appointment of a special counsel.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What tapes?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think this will be big trouble for him.
I think sessions will use this to make comey sing like a canary.
Lots of dirt for comey to sing about in the last 3 years of the big o.
fast and furious
irs
hillary emails

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
What tapes?

Nobody knows for sure !!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I don't think this is even necessary. Sessions had full access to Comeys office after he was fired. The question is what is he going to do with all the case files he found. I expect something big in the coming weeks.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Leaker, Liar, Hypocrite, Crook, and Cuck. I bet Comey hates to look in the mirror. If he doesn't hate to, we can add Sociopath to the list. Everyone that thanked him for his service needs their mouth washed out with soap.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
it's a good thing Trump loves leakers, and like the campaign trail, everyone here agreed it was what was leaked that's important not who leaked what.

or has this changed since Trump won

obstruction obstruction

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The thing is the NYT was reporting on the leaked memos the day BEFORE the tweet that triggered him.

That's what his lawyer is saying.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President. The leaks of this privileged information began no later than March 2017 when friends of Mr. Comey have stated he disclosed to them the conversations he had with the President during their January 27, 2017 dinner and February 14, 2017 White House meeting.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends of his, purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. Mr, Comey also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of those memos to the press in order to, in Mr. Comey’s words, “prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Although Mr. Comey testified that he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from those memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to be entirely retaliatory.

edit on 8-6-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No he didn't and trump has a moron for a lawyer if he really thinks that.
If trump has to go under oath for anything he'd better get better council than this guy or the DC sharks are gonna eat him alive.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Damn, your will is unshakable...

After everything, after hearing Comey's testimony and seeing your dreams crush in front of you, you have hopes for something that's never going to happen?

Respect

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted in front of a Senate hearing that he intentionally leaked information about his confidential meeting(s) with President Trump.

Confidential? I didn't hear any confidential information.....nothing that Trump hasn't said himself in public.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Sillyolme

Damn, your will is unshakable...

After everything, after hearing Comey's testimony and seeing your dreams crush in front of you, you have hopes for something that's never going to happen?

Respect

It's called Liberal insanity.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

NYT on record that Comey leaked to friends before he was fired!

Mr. Comey described details of his refusal to pledge his loyalty to Mr. Trump to several people close to him on the condition that they not discuss it publicly while he was F.B.I. director. But now that Mr. Comey has been fired, they felt free to discuss it on the condition of anonymity. A White House spokeswoman on Thursday disputed the description of the dinner by Mr. Comey’s associates.

Here archive.is
Courtesy of Jaded&Cynical
edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

The thing is the NYT was reporting on the leaked memos the day BEFORE the tweet that triggered him.

That's what his lawyer is saying.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the President. The leaks of this privileged information began no later than March 2017 when friends of Mr. Comey have stated he disclosed to them the conversations he had with the President during their January 27, 2017 dinner and February 14, 2017 White House meeting.

Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends of his, purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. Mr, Comey also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of those memos to the press in order to, in Mr. Comey’s words, “prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Although Mr. Comey testified that he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from those memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to be entirely retaliatory.

So did he lie under oath?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So having his own memos leaked is leaking "private" information??

I'm confused. If he wrote the memos, and he is the author, how are these memos "private?"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Better get Nixon on the phone! or maybe Oliver North, Reagan or the Bushes, those republicans know all about shady deals and could shed light onto the subject.

In politics everyone is fair game. The right conveniently forget that they used Oliver North as a scapegoat to avoid Reagans impeachment. The right and left pull these stunts all the time and I pity those who keep hanging on to a thread and defend an incompetent leader, it's sad really because we should expect better from people surrounded by a swarm of experts to perform better.

I'll let American Dad sum up the right for the third time.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

a reply to: burntheships

Yup.

Dates not quite in "alignment".

Comey is bitter and trying hard to take down everybody.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

So having his own memos leaked is leaking "private" information??

I'm confused. If he wrote the memos, and he is the author, how are these memos "private?"

He had the conversation(s) with Trump while he was FBI Director.

All of which was "classified" automatically at the time because they were discussing ongoing investigations.

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I would love to know who the "Friend" is that leaked it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Dates not quite in "alignment".

Comey is bitter and trying hard to take down everybody.

Theory: he created the memo story as a way to try and create
evidence, he "gives" the fabricated memo to his "friend"

He admitted he wanted there to be a special counsel,
whom is his associate that will give Comey preferential treatment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join