It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Email from the RNC on how to spin the Comey hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm posting this here for reference, so there is no doubt where these talking points come from when you see them on ATS or right wing media being parroted about like some kind of original thought.

Some of the "talking points" included in the email sent out last night..

President Trump feels completely and totally vindicated by Former FBI Director James Comey's opening testimony and is eager to move forward.

Director Comey's opening statement confirms he told President Trump three times that he was not under investigation.

The testimony also confirms that President Trump did not impede or engage in obstruction of justice of the investigation.

President Trump knew firing Director Comey would be detrimental to his presidency, but he knew it was the right thing to do for the country so he did it anyways.

Director Comey lost confidence of both sides of the aisle, and the president was justified in firing him.

Director Comey and his deputy have even admitted under oath there was no obstruction.

Director Comey has a long history of blatant contradictions and misstatements.

There is no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

While investigating the Clinton email scandal, Director Comey succumbed to political pressure from the Obama White House – this is far worse than anything President Trump is rumored to have said.

The Left and the media are using the Russia investigation as a means to obstruct the President's agenda. It is time to get back to the real issues.

We are pleased the investigative process is moving forward and are confident that when these inquiries are complete, there will still be no evidence to support any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Meanwhile, President Trump is going to continue to pursue the agenda that got him elected.

Link

The manufactured twitter arguments are pretty good too.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks.
I didn't get my copy.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
So basically this thread is an attempt to negate any possible arguments someone might have that Comey's testimony was basically more nothing burger? You are more or less going to point and scream SHILL!

edit on 8-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I see no evidence that this was any sort of official mailing but every single point is proven fact.

Thanks for the handy list!

edit on 8-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm posting this here for reference, so there is no doubt where these talking points come from when you see them on ATS or right wing media being parroted about like some kind of original thought.

You should have searched for those here first.
Being here on ats prior to your email date does make them "original thought".

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Which of those statements are WRONG...and WHY?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Thanks.
I didn't get my copy.

I've noticed a lot of people didn't, or at least won't talk about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So basically this thread is an attempt to negate any possible arguments someone might have that Comey's testimony was basically more nothing burger? You are more or less going to point and scream SHILL!

Not at all. Just posting what the RNC came up with to spin the information from the Comey hearing, before the hearing took place, might I add.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Not at all. Just posting what the RNC came up with to spin the information from the Comey hearing, before the hearing took place, might I add.

What spin? I watched the hearing and those talking points are pretty much spot-on.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

So you looked in the thesaurus and decided to use spin instead of argue.

Shouldn't any biased group's argument be treated and heard as spin?

Its up to us to vet and fact check any stance provided by a biased group.

That being said, there's a lot of good points in there.

I like how the DNC loves Comey again and treats everything as credible months after saying he had his own agenda with basically everything.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

What spin? I watched the hearing and those talking points are pretty much spot-on.

Then why put out an official narrative for all the right wing media pundits to follow and base their argument on?

If it's what you're saying and not a narrative at all, then why create one for people to follow? It should be obvious to everyone, correct?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I see no evidence that this was any sort of official mailing ...

And you won't, from the OP link:

Here is a transcript of the RNC's anti-Comey talking points now making the internet rounds, though unconfirmed:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So the RNC is not allowed to find good points in the testimony? Because you can sure bet the DNC/media will and already have been. I heard it all the way home on my radio.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I like how the DNC loves Comey again and treats everything as credible months after saying he had his own agenda with basically everything.

Coloring information to present a favorable narrative isn't an argument, it's spin.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Your getting emails from Correct The Record?

They must be sick about now lol!

Thev'e got nothing!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

though unconfirmed:

Be careful those straws won't hold much.

link   
So what about the russian hacks? No collusion, fine. But what about the hacks?

link   

So the RNC is not allowed to find good points in the testimony? Because you can sure bet the DNC/media will and already have been. I heard it all the way home on my radio.

Sure they are. And they should argue their side until their heart's content.

I just find it interesting to read the establishment narrative, and then compare how many media pundits use that as a base for their arguments.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Coloring information to present a favorable narrative isn't an argument, it's spin.

Cool, how is the DNC planning to spin the allegations (with quite a bit of evidence) Lynch interfered with Hillary's "matter" (investigation).

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Thanks.. looking through, I cant find anything that is not true.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join