It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey - investigation was not a 'hill worth dying on'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Transcript

COMEY: Well, it concerned me because we were at the point where we refused to confirm the existence as we typically do of an investigation for months. And was getting to a place where that looked silly because the campaigns we're talking about interacting with the FBI in the course of our work. The Clinton campaign at the time was using all kinds of euphemisms, security matters, things like that for what was going on. We were getting to a place where the attorney general and I were both going to testify and talk publicly about it I wanted to know was she going to authorize us to confirm we have an investigation. She said yes, don't call it that, call it a matter. I said why would I do that? She said, just call it a matter. You look back in hindsight, if I looked back and said this isn't worth dying on so I just said the press is going to completely ignore it. That's what happened when I said we opened a matter. They all reported the FBI has an investigation open. So that concerned me because that language tracked the way the campaign was talking about the FBI's work and that's concerning.

I said why would I do that? She said, just call it a matter. You look back in hindsight, if I looked back and said this isn't worth dying on

Wow. So charging Hillary with a Crime wasn't worth getting Killed over it.
edit on 6.8.2017 by Kandinsky because: Edited correct quote for title

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

No prosecutor in their right mind would touch that.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You mean no "Reasonable Prosecutor" his Press conference makes total sense now.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Remember, with liberals WORDS matter.

-Chris

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Reasonable as in "not wanting to loose family members or worse"...... Yeah, that is reasonable and being in their right mind... LOL

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
What he meant was, that the decision to argue with Hillary about her choice of words regarding the "investigation/matter," was not "a hill worth dying on." It's a phrase. You're taking it way out of context, though it does fit the narrative of certain ATS members.

edit on 8-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Reasonable as in "not wanting to loose family members or worse"...... Yeah, that is reasonable and being in their right mind... LOL

And remember when Monica's Cats started to disappear?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
What he meant was, that the decision to argue with Hillary about her choice of words regarding the investigation/matter, was not "a hill worth dying on." It's a phrase. You're taking it way out of context, though it does fit the narrative of how most people feel about Hillary's actions on ATS.

Ha thats funny because the California Senator was taking it way out of context

HARRIS: You are -- I'm sure you'll have future opportunities. You and I are both former prosecutors. I'm not going to require to you answer. I just want to make a statement that in my experience of prosecuting cases when a robber held a gun to somebody's head and said I hope you will give me your wallet, the word hope was not the operative word at that moment.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

With a recorded juridical testimony under oath it is not about "what he meant"; It's about what he SAY!

Although i get your point. I have no doubt you will get mine.
Besides these are career word players.

It's intriguing at least.
edit on 8-6-2017 by EartOccupant because: Babylonian stuff

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

With a juridical testimony under oath it is not about "what he ment" It's about what he SAY!

Thats why the word "Dying" and "Clinton" in the same paragraph just confirmed Clinton Murder Conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Stopping dubstep isn't worth dying for either-it's an expression.

I watched the whole thing and I get the vibe that he was tired of politics interfering with his work. I can't blame him because i've been through the same thing but never on this scale, It's good that some of the evidence is left behind closed doors and i think he did well to protect others because he's not the only one people will be watching. The KGB have a fetish for poison and if he spills the beans...

+1 more 
link   

What he meant was, that the decision to argue with Hillary about her choice of words regarding the investigation/matter, was not "a hill worth dying on." It's a phrase. You're taking it way out of context, though it does fit the narrative of how most people feel about Hillary's actions on ATS.

Taking it out of context? Hilarious.

You mean like "build the wall" is racist?

link   
Well, to be fair, the Clintons do have a long list of "questionable" deaths they're connected too... So, this makes total and complete sense... Threats likely directed at not only him, but his loved ones as well... The Clinton's won't let anything get in their way, and it shows when they can threaten the AG and FBI Director into a decision that made little to no sense..

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

According to the transcript on Fox computer channel, the exact quote about your point of dying was "...It wasn't a hill worth dying for...." The quote you offer makes more of that term, "dying," than how it actually was used.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I have to agree. He was not suggesting he was afraid for his life, which is what you, OP, are suggesting. You're taking him way too literally.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agree.

But it is not a tweet, it is a recorded testimony under oath.

He, off all people, should know words matter at those times!

Still find it an intriguing choice of words.
edit on 8-6-2017 by EartOccupant because: More stuff

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And remember when Monica's Cats started to disappear?

Her cats found her dress and that was it...end of story

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What you and Politico claim he said:

I said why would I do that? She said, just call it a matter. You look back in hindsight, if I looked back and said this isn't worth dying on

What he actually said:

“This isn’t a hill worth dying on, and so I just said, ‘Okay.’ The press is going to completely ignore it – and that’s what happened.”

Two distinctly different statements, since "hill worth dying for" is a fairly common phrase meaning "the risk is not worth the result."

But that's not to say Comey isn't worried about the Clintons going after him, simply don't think an erroneous quote should be taken as proof that he is.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

With a recorded juridical testimony under oath it is not about "what he meant"; It's about what he SAY!

You're right, it is about what he said.

Unfortunately, neither the OP nor Politico seemed to have understood what he actually said.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Isnt that a sign of the time?'

PS. Your under script... doesn not help this case

Edit: I had to edit because i just read the under script of "Schuyler" ..

I'm smiling in all of this mess!

edit on 8-6-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join