It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism will not go away.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

excuse to do nothing

I never said we should do nothing, I think there is a lot that we should do to prevent terrorism.

All I am saying is that its now something of a inevitability in the world, there will always be terrorist attacks, we will never stop them all of the time.

When we put the fear of God in them and STOP those who constantly make excuses for their existence, THEN and ONLY then will they realize the war is over.....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I never said we should do nothing, I think there is a lot that we should do to prevent terrorism.

All I am saying is that its now something of a inevitability in the world, there will always be terrorist attacks, we will never stop them all of the time.

Apologies for misunderstanding, but it simply does not follow that there will always be terrorist attacks.
edit on 8-6-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Apologies for misunderstanding, but it simply does not follow that there will always be terrorist attacks.

Fair enough.

So do you really think that its possible to stop all terrorism 100% of the time?

to cure the world of terror

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Fair enough.

So do you really think that its possible to stop all terrorism 100% of the time?

to cure the world of terror

No.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

So you agree with me that its impossible to prevent terrorism 100% of the time yet you said this.

it simply does not follow that there will always be terrorist attacks.

errr....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

So you agree with me that its impossible to prevent terrorism 100% of the time yet you said this.

errr....

Sympathizing for their cause because of PC sure doesn't help stop it now does it?

Here is the Didsbury Mosque in your own country who supports Islamist hate preachers yet due to PC you do NOTHING about it!

The link to vid won't post as usual so I will post the whole link.

Why isn't something being done to stop these hate preachers in your country?

Video

Your right in the fact that we can't control it from EVER happening, but are we doing enough to stop it?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So your video.

For a start its from Tommy Robinson who is basically a right wing skin head scum bag

Now you said this:

Here is the Didsbury Mosque in your own country who supports Islamist hate preachers yet due to PC you do NOTHING about it!

So to show you just how very wrong you are, how utterly blinded you are by you own right wing views I am going to have to show you why this is so wrong. I did not even have to get all the way through your video before I found something that i could use to totally disprove the rubbish you have said above.

The video features Abu Qatada, you say that due to PC we do nothing about it....

only Abu Qatada was arrested several times by British authorities and was deported back to Jordan in 2013, so tell me again about how the "PC Crowd" do nothing about these people?

The Mosque came out after the attack in Manchester and denounced the attacks, they refused to bury the remains of the attacker.

Just so you know, when you learn to kick the ball and not they player you might stop having your posts destroyed like this.
edit on 8-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It won't go away, no. I agree.

But if we remove ourselves from actively bombing Muslims, then they'll probably go back to what they've been doing for hundreds of years - killing each other instead of us.

I can't believe that sodding Tommy Robinson video just got posted again. Didn't the thread where that got posted the other day get nuked?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

ohhh please link me to it!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

errr....

I don't see how that is confusing. You widened the goalposts by adding 100% of the time.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

errr....

I don't see how that is confusing. You widened the goalposts by adding 100% of the time.

I don't think i am moving the goal posts in my OP while i did not use the phrase "stop them 100% of the time" i did say....

No matter how tight our security is, there is nothing to prevent a extremist walking onto a train with a kitchen knife and stabbing fellow travellers. There is nothing to stop a individual heading out to a supermarket and doing the same, or heavens forbid doing something just as evil in a school playground.

Seems pretty clear to me.

but whatever dude.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

So your video.

For a start its from Tommy Robinson who is basically a right wing skin head scum bag

Now you said this:

So to show you just how very wrong you are, how utterly blinded you are by you own right wing views I am going to have to show you why this is so wrong. I did not even have to get all the way through your video before I found something that i could use to totally disprove the rubbish you have said above.

The video features Abu Qatada, you say that due to PC we do nothing about it....

only Abu Qatada was arrested several times by British authorities and was deported back to Jordan in 2013, so tell me again about how the "PC Crowd" do nothing about these people?

The Mosque came out after the attack in Manchester and denounced the attacks, they refused to bury the remains of the attacker.

Just so you know, when you learn to kick the ball and not they player you might stop having your posts destroyed like this.

So you didn't even watch the video, you just took the stance of calling Tommy a skinhead?

You are the problem, so quit asking for how to solve it until you are man enough to look in a mirror!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Exactly. It does not follow from what you said in the OP that terrorism is a fact of life, will always be there, and cannot be stopped.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So you didn't even watch the video, you just took the stance of calling Tommy a skinhead?

ohhh no i watched it.....

now do you care to address any of the points that I made or are you going back to your usual tripe of attacking me rather than the points i am making?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Exactly. It does not follow from what you said in the OP that terrorism is a fact of life, will always be there, and cannot be stopped.

How does it not follow, I am quite clearly talking about terrorism. I said this in the OP

I believe that today we must now accept that terrorism is now just part of our lives

Honestly i cannot be bothered arguing semantics with you, we both agree that terrorism is a inevitable part of life now. That was the observation i was making in the OP

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I think you are wrong.

More Intelligence resources would have an effect, as would closing down centres of
extremism.

There never has been anything to stop a psycho going wild with a knife on a train, or in a supermarket, or a school playground (The 1987 Hungerford Shootings spring to mind).

To this extent we have always accepted violence in our midst. I don't see us ever tolerating it, nor should we tolerate the violence as implied by your words:

"The point is that we needs to accept that its not about how we stop terrorism anymore its about how we limit the damage."

ie. how we tolerate the violence - as this is living with bullying, which is unacceptable in any culture.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How does it not follow, I am quite clearly talking about terrorism. I said this in the OP

It's simple. It doesn't not follow that something that is common now will always continue. We can use slavery or witch burnings as an example. They were common, but it does not follow that they will always continue, and that we should accept them.

Honestly i cannot be bothered arguing semantics with you, we both agree that terrorism is a inevitable part of life now. That was the observation i was making in the OP

It's not about semantics.

No I do not agree that terrorism is an inevitable part of life, just like crucifixion, witch burnings, and the burning of widows on their husband's funeral pyres are all but gone from society at large. It's a poor observation, and reeks to me of an excuse to refuse terrorism.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think the main part of "stopping" terrorism is dealing with stopping large terror organizations from flourishing...and taking over entire towns, cities, and possibly countries. There will never be a way to stop the "lone wolf" terrorists...because many of them invent their own particular brand of terror... There will always be the McVeighs and Tsarnaevs in this world. The trick is to limit the number of Al Qadas and IS brands.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Terrorism has always been around and always will. Radical Islam is just one of the latest forms and the current predominant form of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Acceptance is a poor alternative to a cure.

Defeatist attitudes breeds apathy.

Not acceptable.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join