It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey Senate hearing - Live

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: alphabetaone

and if you look at the NYT article I linked you to, which is the memo that was leaked, it was posted by the NYT on MAY 11th.

Care to explain?

Sure I care to explain.

They are two entirely different things. There, explained.

so you cant explain it then.... ok

No, YOU cant explain it....that's the fact, YOU cant explain it....show me memo anywhere in that story, which is all it is...point it out where it mentions a memo, ill be waiting and knowing that you cant.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

and you would be correct.. My apologies.

There were 2 separate incidents, dinner the NYT talks about on the 11th and his "memo" a few days later.

Either way, Comey perjured himself.

NYT - May 16th - Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation

Comeys testimony to Congress on May 3rd.

So was Comey lying then or is he lying now?
edit on 8-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

ummm. Yes it is.

See how stupid a one line reply can be?

But, I get it. Your type just expects everyone to bow to your opinion.

Sorry. Not gonna work with me. I have a brain and critical thinking skills.

To make it more simple for you, silly, I was making the point that DIRECTLY telling a subordinate that it'd be nice to have sexual relations with them is just a bit different than doing so to a third party.

Now, whether that'd be sexual harassment could depend on whether the recipient of the remark took it as such, it's still not the same thing as a superior telling a subordinate that, basically, sex is required for further, continuing employment. And, it's NOTHING like what Trump said to Comey - according to Comey's own testimony.

Even you can probably understand that.

But I'm sure this is my own fault. Just can't stand when people use an example that doesn't apply to the situation they're trying to equate it to.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

or not...

Comey fallout: Similarities in Times article, testimony could bolster Trump claims

Lawyers for President Trump shot down ex-FBI Director James Comey's claim that a tweet from the commander-in-chief prompted him to leak a memo detailing a private conversation with Trump – and a close examination of a pre-tweet New York Times story may bolster their claim.

During testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey said he was spurred to orchestrate the release of the detailed memo he wrote about a one-on-one talk with Trump after the president tweeted May 12: “James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!”

“I woke up in the middle of the night ... because it didn’t dawn on me originally that there might be corroboration for our conversation,” Comey told senators. “And my judgment was, I needed to get that out into the public square. And so I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter … because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

The admission itself was dramatic, and drew the scorn of Trump allies. Trump’s personal lawyer, Marc Kasowitz, read a statement blasting Comey for admitting “he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications.”

Kasowitz, however, also said Comey’s testimony was incorrect.

“The public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey’s excuse,” the statement from Kasowitz said.

There are in fact striking similarities between that pre-tweet article and Comey's written testimony, suggesting the memo's contents may have been leaked -- by somebody -- before Trump vented on Twitter.

Click link for article...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yeah I don't even know what to make of this circus anymore. This past election cycle and related fall out sealed my disillusionment with mainstream media and our two party system.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Yeah I don't even know what to make if this circus anymore. This past election cycle and related fall out sealed my disillusionment with mainstream media and our two party system.

Honestly, throwing your hands up in the air and saying you give up, that wont help. Don't you think that's the desired result of all this?

ETA: There seems to be an effort here as well as lot's of other venues especially from outside the US the attempt to influence and distract, more especially with this past election cycle than in previous years. It's kind of our duty to ensure we remain focused on what's important and not let that happen.
edit on 9-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yeah I don't even know what to make if this circus anymore. This past election cycle and related fall out sealed my disillusionment with mainstream media and our two party system.

Honestly, throwing your hands up in the air and saying you give up, that wont help. Don't you think that's the desired result of all this?

ETA: There seems to be an effort here as well as lot's of other venues especially from outside the US the attempt to influence and distract, more especially with this past election cycle than in previous years. It's kind of our duty to ensure we remain focused on what's important and not let that happen.
Well, there's a difference between being aware of the reality of this corrupt system, versus giving up. I argue that realizing how corrupt it is is key to analyzing real actions and how to be involved. I work in government, so I remain involved. Ironically I'm in the belly of the beast, within a very political office.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Well, there's a difference between being aware of the reality of this corrupt system, versus giving up. I argue that realizing how corrupt it is is key to analyzing real actions and how to be involved. I work in government, so I remain involved. Ironically I'm in the belly of the beast, within a very political office.

You're right, and to your credit, you never said you were giving up, just merely had cemented your disillusion. It must be difficult for you being so closely entrenched and yet feeling so disillusioned.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join