It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think that Comey gave them enough information to open an investigation of Lynch.
This would then lead to reopening the investigation of Clinton because - what was Lynch hiding?

And himself by leaking to the press.

Catherine Herridge just said Grassley asked him if he ever leaked and he said no.

This is true, but that exchange took place before Comey was fired.

I think she meant today's meeting.

She said he was first to ask questions.

But I could be wrong.

I heard the same comments you did, but I remember what she was talking about, that was not in today's hearing it was one of the ones before he was fired. She was a little ambiguous with the way she described it. Her point wasn't that he lied, her point was that he didn't leak before he got fired, but then leaked to serve his own interests.

Got it!

I missed the first hour of the proceeding. Drifted off when they were all seated. lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Konduit
Uh oh... looks like there might be an obstruction investigation after all!

Lynch Pressured FBI To Downplay Clinton Email Investigation.

Loretta Lynch, the former attorney general under Barack Obama, pressured former FBI Director James Comey to downplay the Clinton email server investigation and only refer to it as a “matter,” Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.

Comey said that when he asked Lynch if she was going to authorize him to confirm the existence of the Clinton email investigation, her answer was, “Yes but don’t call it that. Call it a matter.” When Comey asked why, he said, Lynch wouldn’t give him an explanation. “Just call it a matter,” she said.

Yet listening to the talking heads on the news they want to make you believe Trump is guilty.

I don't see the people on various forums agree with that.

So there we see how when Trump said he "hoped..." comey took it as an order and got all scared. Friggin wuss.

Also funny is how indignant he got about Trump saying the FBI was in disarray and no one respected him. lol.

They been saying that about Trump since the election.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: xuenchen
Dings Scorecard:

Dings that hurt Democrats so far -- 25

Dings that hurt Republicans so far -- 3

Dings that hurt MSM so far -- 100

you missed dings that hurt Comey.....I count at least 3:

He leaked information to a professor friend so it in turn could be leaked to the media. (In which case, why did the media report false info????)

He didn't report odd behavior to superiors nor step down from his positon after feeling uncomfortable with private conversations with POTUS

He didn't report that AG Lynch asked that he not call the HRC investigation an "investigation", instead he should call it a "matter", to which he agreed.

He is making himself look weak and ineffective, almost victim-like which is strange for someone who was in his position and power, yet he couldn't identify why he "felt" so.

I think he is a trans.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Grimpachi

When did the contents of his own memo become classified?

That's right they weren't unless he classified them.

Leaking private conversations with the President to the media or anyone not in the official to know status would you say that is a firing offense?

Trump caught him.

Maybe it was a set up?

No one was there but him and Trump.

He had to leak it to someone else but still got busted and had to confess.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Looks like Comeys friend has gone into hiding!

Comey's freind Goes Into Hiding After Revelations!

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I thought that whole exchange was weird. He wouldn't name him but gave enough detail to a simpleton like myself could find him in less than 30 seconds.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Agreed, Comey's entire testimony is weird,
and full of holes.

The NYT reporter Schmidt is now refusing to answer any questions,
He had previously reported he was in contact with two of Comey's
friends who were both collaborating the leaks.

Comey at the very least has violated his Non Disclosure.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Here is an ATS thread regarding Trump's tweet.
We knew right then that it was in RESPONSE to the NYT article about Comey's leak from the day before.
It is all documented here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep. I think Trump already pretty much knew Comey was a leaker....AND a nut job.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Looks like Comeys friend has gone into hiding!

Comey's freind Goes Into Hiding After Revelations!

Do Richman and Comey go back a long time as 'pals'?
Or is he just a longtime Clinton friend?
It would interesting to know more about him.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not sure. Daniel Richman.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Here is the other friend:

Benjamin Wittes of Lawfare wrote extensively
about all Comey's leaks. I was reading thinking
all aliong it looked like they were setting Trump,up.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Good find.

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
After weeks of predicting the firing of James Comey would lead to Trump's impeachment, Colbert became unhinged and started dancing around as a dinosaur.

Why does everyone who goes to war with Trump lose their minds?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: JinMI

I honestly really think, this will prove what I said before he was elected. He is a BULLY...He intimidated Comey in private. That is why Comey did not want to be alone with him. Of coarse Trumps attorneys are going to do their jobs and make trump seem like a victim somehow.

I thought this was the most interesting comment made before Comey's testimony..,,

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You have a valid assumption. It's possible for the reason the neocons hate Trump. Look what they did to Ross Perot. After all, they are evil fascists. Trump must dance to Wall Street's tune and satisfy the fascist neocons or they will kill him. I've already
noticed Trump reading the neocon handbook and it looks like he will capitulate to their demands. He has a loud mouth that he knows gets him in trouble. Can he stop is the question. I beleive his ego will take over at the end and once he's in their sights he will be comparing notes with JFK at the big bank in the sky.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I'm afraid you are right in America is not an isolationist country. That's too bad. We really need to be. And your comment about North Korea is true. They better think hard and long before attacking them. South Korea and Japan will be gone and neighbors will suffer greatly. In fact, starting a war with that fat f$#k could trigger a world war. China, Iran, Israel, and the U.S. will eliminate much of the world's population. But the good side is the price of gasoline will drop to pennies once there are only a few around to drive.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So after Comey's testimony turns into fluff together with the story of the evil Iraqi soldiers torturing the good ISIS guys the EUro#ers go back to Brexit issues ... Enjoy

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I found it interesting too and it did turn out that Comey was a wimp... And one of those weasely type wimps too.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dagann
a reply to: face23785

I'm afraid you are right in America is not an isolationist country. That's too bad. We really need to be. And your comment about North Korea is true. They better think hard and long before attacking them. South Korea and Japan will be gone and neighbors will suffer greatly. In fact, starting a war with that fat f$#k could trigger a world war. China, Iran, Israel, and the U.S. will eliminate much of the world's population. But the good side is the price of gasoline will drop to pennies once there are only a few around to drive.

I honestly doubt the US or China is up for starting a world war over that loser. There's a thread for that though.

Liberal media this morning looks so deflated. They were so excited 2 days ago when Comey's statement was released, and it's been all downhill from there. I think they all realize there's nothing legit here, they're just milking it as long as they can at this point.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
lol
"not in his words".....well then what else is there? a text? and email?

jesus

well now
comey is not sure what hope means hahahahahahaha

I think he means Trump's actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join