It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
That being said, it doesn't automatically make them classified. And that being said, not being classified doesn't mean they are free to be released either. It's all very complicated, and Comey admitted he's no legal expert, which is baffling for the head of the FBI.

The fact that he, the head of the FBI, apparently did not know if he was required to report a crime or not, speaks loudly as to his (lack of) qualifications for the position. That's the kind of blank-stare response you'd expect from some newbie.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

lolol....sorry. But I need to expand with a thought I neglected to say previously. I don't want anything to happen to Trump. If it did, we would be stuck with another neocon, and that scares the # out of me! Bush Lite did enough damage and those fools will destroy what's left. Pence is too flexible and would dance to Wall Street's tunes. That may seem silly, but I know too much of Wall Street criminal aspirations. "AND" I know...you don't need to say it...I'm aware of Trump's love of Wall Street. I was foolish in thinking he would do right for the country first yet so far he is making me nervous. Geeez....what a disgrace that they gave us all these idiots to choose from!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I missed the dog and pony show.

I miss anything important ?

Cliff notes please?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, thier ploy to control the narrative, which is never about facts.

Comey himself could face legal ramifications if President Trump
chooses to pursue this. Comey has lost a massive amount of credibility
with his vindictiveness, which won't help him.

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: face23785
That being said, it doesn't automatically make them classified. And that being said, not being classified doesn't mean they are free to be released either. It's all very complicated, and Comey admitted he's no legal expert, which is baffling for the head of the FBI.

The fact that he, the head of the FBI, apparently did not know if he was required to report a crime or not, speaks loudly as to his (lack of) qualifications for the position. That's the kind of blank-stare response you'd expect from some newbie.

That's the only part where I believe he was being untruthful. It's simply impossible for him not to know that. I think he just doesn't want to go on record now that it's not his responsibility anymore. He knows saying it was obstruction would implicate himself in possible ethics charges for not reporting it, but he also doesn't want to step on the special counsel's toes. He knew it wasn't obstruction, that's why all he did was take a memo.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The Personal lawyer for Trump came public and he lie the whole facts on the table, he also said that the president will leave the investigation of what Comey did to be handle by those that will be qualify to pursue if needed it.

Let see what happen.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Cliff notes please?

Pretty much rehashing over and over what he said in his statement that got released yesterday. Not much new info, except that Lynch tried to get him to use the Clinton campaign's propaganda in describing the Clinton investigation.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Cliff notes please?

Comey admitted to leaking classified memos to a friend that he knew would go to the press with them.... then he said the press reported it wrong.

link   
a reply to: neo96

You missed a lot, but the only thing is that The democrats didn't got what they wanted from Comey

link   
a reply to: face23785

I figured the whole thing was the lefts revenge for 'lock her up'.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You missed a lot, but the only thing is that The democrats didn't got what they wanted from Comey

Not yet but the closed session is happening now as we speak. It's not over till the fat lady sings....

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

It was a very dramatic pony show, Comey played the victim but end up looking like a coward, still he was one of the leakers and he involved Lynch on the wording of how to handle Hillary's investigation.

If you have the time you should listen the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

In turn, they actually had a negative day. Lynch obstructed justice on behalf of the Clintons in the FBI investigation of Hillarys email server.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

I figured the whole thing was the lefts revenge for 'lock her up'.

Except that in the end, Comey testified that Lynch obstructed the investigation. Total backfire.

link   

originally posted by: Throes

In turn, they actually had a negative day. Lynch obstructed justice on behalf of the Clintons in the FBI investigation of Hillarys email server.

But we already knew that.

It was just confirmed.

link   
comey got himself into hot water admitting he leaked info to the media.....
www.cnbc.com...

Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. He also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of these memos to the press in order to "prompt the appointment of a special counsel." Although Mr. Comey testified he only leaked the memos in response to a tweet, the public record reveals that the New York Times was quoting from these memos the day before the referenced tweet, which belies Mr. Comey's excuse for this unauthorized disclosure of privileged information and appears to entirely retaliatory. We will leave it the appropriate authorities to determine whether this leaks should be investigated along with all those others being investigated.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Cliff notes please?

• Comey clearly does not like Trump, and was trying to undermine him.
  • That said, he admitted that Trump did not order him to end Flynn's invesigation.
  • In fact, the subject only came up that 1 time.
  • He did in fact assure Trump that he personally was not under investigation.
  • Trump wanted Comey to make a public statement to this effect.
  • Comey was supposedly apalled by such a suggestion.
  • The Comey memo was real, however a huge portion of the MSM "leaks" were confirmed as fake.
  • Comey himself leaked the memo, via an unnamed friend.
  • He testifed that Loretta Lynch pressured him on Hillary's e-mail investigation.
  • Comey came across as a weak-willed and cowardly man, who cannot stand up to his superiors if they make what he feels is an inappropriate request.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Oops!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Now Comey is wide open for being accused of other leaks.

If he was being watched for leaks, could be trouble.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

They want to ruin Trumps chances for a second term.

About 30 seconds after Trump hit 270 votes it ALL became about 2020...

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join