It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Uhhh, MCcain, did not seem to understand, that Comey was trying to say, Hillarys Investigations, and this investigation are two completely UNRELATED investigations...Man I thought he must have had a stroke right before he questioned Comey.......
MCcain seems like he is getting senile.

Like he is getting...??? Been there a long time ago. As a life long Republican/Moderate and from AZ I have never liked McCain from the 80s onward...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

On the other hand, he said that the NYT article from Feb 14 was "in the main, inaccurate"

Which pans out to false. Fake news.

Which equals that about 90% of Muh Russia
Is a scripted Narrative which is fake, false, and lies.
edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
So the Dems think Comey is a hero now despite wanting him fired months ago themselves. This is hilarious. You just can't make this sh!t up.

Even Valerie Jarrett advised Obama to fire Comey:

NEWS Obama aides want Comey out after email bombshell

nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wow, you guys are so desperate for Trump to be under investigation - when it has been confirmed now countless times he is not.

This is all obvious that Comey was easily influenced by political parties and I really think this is were Trump was going with the whole "can I trust you thing". He has shown a very weak leadership style throughout Obama admn, Trump admin and now testimonies.

They want to ruin Trumps chances for a second term.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: The GUT

What's to feel pain about?

This hearing was better than I thought it would be.

You insult your own intelligence, Underwerks.

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

It's impossible for you, as opposed to Underweks, to insult your own intelligence. Seems you never research but instead run with headlines and talking points from very fake news. I swear you're a secret agent of the Republican Party sent to make all Dems look uninformed and durn proud of it.

I'd have to have intelligence before I could insult it!

Seriously though..

The public hearing laid the ground work for the discussions that are going on right now in the closed session. And from Comey's statements, he isn't too enthralled with how Trump has conducted himself..

The big news isn't that the NYT lies, (of course they're a newspaper) or that Trump was correct in his repeated claim that Comey told him he wasn't under investigation (a non issue), but that Comey believes Trump had the intentions to chill whatever investigations were going on at the time.

That is not a non issue - that is a huge issue - The vast majority of Trump haters would swear to you that he was - and on the verge of being impeached. This hearing showed exactly the opposite.

What evidence there is at this point is being talked about right now in the classified closed session, and it might be a while before that info is released, depending on where the investigation is at the moment.

What possible classified info is going to show Trump obstructed justice? Comey described every conversation he had with him in the public hearing - and said he only mentioned the flynn investigation the one time when he hoped he would let it go. There is nothing of substance that has to do with Trump that will be discussed in the closed session - all the closed session stuff was about Flynn, or Russian hacking.

You are totally delusional.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ok if the nitty gritty detail like that makes a difference.

"Nitty gritty details" do tend to make a difference in legal matters.

I am not worried for you though Silly, I have faith the "nitty gritty" details wont get in the way of your MSM, headline driven world view.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
So the Dems think Comey is a hero now despite wanting him fired months ago themselves. This is hilarious. You just can't make this sh!t up.

Even Valerie Jarrett advised Obama to fire Comey:

NEWS Obama aides want Comey out after email bombshell

nypost.com...

If you take a look at Rosenstein's letter to Trump, it outlines very clearly why Comey should've been fired. A fair bit of the things he pointed out happened on Obama's watch. Obama really should've fired him, but Obama is a weak leader. He only fires you if you hurt his feelings, just ask his Defense Secretaries.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What a joke! It's funny watching the GOP trying to make political points on the issue. They always do what they are known for, to keep lies centralized despite the truth only to capitalize on such events by providing propaganda to create reasonable suspicion. Hitler would be proud!. Comey stated that the FBI found no evidence to charge Hitlery a crime. Then, like Pitbulls, some dirt merchant Sen. of Texas starts the dog and pony show. Again, trying to imply the FBI is corrupt in the Clinton Email scandal. Then, old rusty balls Sen. John McCain from Arizona follows up with the same. Obviously, he's not up on current events..."John,...turn up your hearing aid,...Jim told you they closed the investigation concerning Hitlery due to the fact they could not find evidence to charge her with a crime!"

You can set your watch on their sleazy behavior. The Investigation's main preoccupation is to determine if the election was hampered by the Russians. Not to relive old propaganda concerning Hitlery's emails. I voted for Trump, but don't think he is above dirty tricks. Despite his ego and illusions, he is not the King of north-America. To assume otherwise in not only foolish but stupid as well. I truly wish him well, however, so far it looks like he's reading the neocon handbook. He should remember his party tried to derail his campaign and ruin his character. Trump already put his foot in his mouth when in an interview he suggested: "Putin is not a bad guy, he's done a good job running his country." When he was reminded of Putin's gangsta reputation of killing his critics, Trump replied, "so...we are no better, we have a few skeletons in our closets."

I'm sure people will criticize this rant, but I expect it. The fools that take sides on this "right vs. left" paradigm can always be relied on to show their fangs. They are as funny as these fools on television. They are beyond hope. They drank the Kool-Aid as infants and it soured their disposition. They will never know how they have been played or the consequences of their stupidity. That is a constant. But for the bright individuals, I'm sure they see this for what it is. I always liked McCain, despite his dementia, but he needs to retire. And, to all neocon supporting nutjobs out there, take my advice and seek professional help. They only thing you did for the nation was supporting the clowns that are just as bad as the democraps, if not worse.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The Russians INTERFERRED in the elections. There is doubt that they INFLUENCED anyone to change their vote. Big Big difference. But, this is what the left always do. They play with words and inuendo.

ETA: The Russians have always interferred with elections, here and in other countries. Hell! Obama even INTERFERRED in Israel's election!!

edit on 8-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
what I find fascinating - trump never, not once, asked comey about the bigger picture - Russian interference!

he's more concerned about Flynn's feeling than our democracy. I still maintain there something in Flynn's financials that is very worrisome to trump.

thank god for Mueller!!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So, if you believe Comey here, you must also believe that Russia without a doubt influenced this past election, right?

Can you explain how they influenced it? Comey said that the Russians do Phishing and other attacks across 100s of Government/political agencies on a consistent bases. If the DNC was hit by them, so was the RNC and 100s of other agencies.

I would say Clinton's and the DNC actions were the biggest influence, would you not?

As a side question...do you see airing of the underhanded actions of Clinton and the DNC against Bernie etc as a good or bad thing?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
what I find fascinating - trump never, not once, asked comey about the bigger picture - Russian interference!

he's more concerned about Flynn's feeling than our democracy. I still maintain there something in Flynn's financials that is very worrisome to trump.

thank god for Mueller!!

Perhaps he didn't want to interfere in the investigation...maybe because he knew he wasn't being investigated or implicated and he expected the team to keep him updated?

Quite how his interest in the Russia investigation is relevant to whether he obstructed justice or whether there was any collusion in his campaign effects anything I am not sure? Perhaps he understands the Russia narrative is a joke and he has far more important things to get on with? Just a thought.
edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump is not being investigated because he has nothing to do with it-but he knows enough to tighten the grip on the FBI.

And no Comey is not a coward, he volunteered. Would you like to front the world with your awkward sexual failures? in public? in front of millions of viewers? I wouldn't so he has got more balls then both of us.

And the pathetic excuse from the republicans? and I quote verbatim "he's new to the job." so who's the bigger fool: the fool or the fools who follow him?

edit on 8-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

thank god for Mueller!!

Or maybe... Trump sees very little Russian involvement and sees it as basically a media circus. He also most likely sees Flynn as a distinguish military General that was highly capable to do the job but messed up and was genuinely concerned for him.

link   

Because Comey is not the only source of
information for The President?!

He is POTUS he gets breifings every day.

That Comey being the only source on Russia
is just a Democrat talking point.

link   
a reply to: dagann

You fools should be careful what you wish for.

At this point, you've spent so much time and effort convincing everyone that Russia can simply elect whomever they want on a whim that at this point *no election* will ever be valid again, not even when the next Democrat is elected.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

thank god for Mueller!!

Actually this isn't true. In Comey's deposition he revealed Trump specifically said he wanted them to get to the bottom of whether any of his campaign people were involved with that. He also said in the hearing today that he was in a briefing at the beginning of his Presidency that was all about the Russian interference. Characterizing Trump as unconcerned about it is simply untrue.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh please! As ever good person on the left knows, if Trump really cared ... he'd step down and demand that Hillary be coronated. That would really foil the vast Russian conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

thank god for Mueller!!

You mean except for what Comey wrote in his statement right ?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

And no Comey is not a coward, he volunteered. Would you like to front the world with your awkward sexual failures? in public? in front of millions of viewers? I wouldn't so he has got more balls then both of us.

And the pathetic excuse from the republicans? and I quote verbatim "he's new to the job." so who's the bigger fool: the fool or the fools who follow him?

Lol what are you talking about....

Obama was new to the job too and had his own issues, many BTW that the media didn't seem to care about, unlike Trump... "He had two ice cream scoops and everyone else had one!!" level of obnoxiousness.

Trump is not new to leading, but he is not a professional politician...that is the "new" part for him.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join