It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: queenofswordsDonald Trump was not the subject of an investigation, never coerced him to make a personal oath of loyalty

I liked the comment of one of the members of the Ctee that when a burglar holds a gun to your head and then politely says "I hope you will give me your money" that still is coercion. I'm not so sure what you would have done if you were Comey and the POTUS took you apart and clearly said "he hoped that Flynn would be left alone".

What is wrong with Americans anyway - they first install a rule that an FBI director has a 10 year term just to ensure that EXACTLY this - a President that tries to coerce him into certain behaviour - does not happen. Next thing you know the Orange Blossom Special rode all over Comey..

A man with a gun to your head is different than a president just saying I hope. No one who has ever said i hope in the manner trump said it has ever been guilty of obstruction. I hope that as a non american you can drop this. LOL.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I liked that part too, for a different reason. That doesn't happen. When someone knows they have you by the balls, they tell you what to do. They say "Give me your #in wallet." If Trump was trying to direct him to drop the investigation, he would've told him to drop the investigation. Since when is Trump nuanced?

Trump's son (Donald Jr.) made exactly this point in a tweet. It was something along the lines of, "If my dad gives you an order, there is absolutely no ambiguity about it."

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: underwerks

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Also, we found out that Comy is a weak and cowardly man.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

I never disputed that in fact Comey vindicated Trump in stating that Trump wanted the investigation to go on. There is no spinning that around because that's what Comey said. Multiple times i might add.

So, if you believe Comey here, you must also believe that Russia without a doubt influenced this past election, right?

Surely you aren't cherry picking Comey's statements to fit what you believe..

For the gazillionth times. The only lead the FBI has are the DNC server and the leaked emails from Podesta. There is also the Seth Rich story and voter fraud manipulation to boot Bernie Sanders out of the race. That would be primarily my conern.

Nothing about that trails back to Trump or his campaign staff. You grasping at straws here. Russia didn't change the minds of 62 million americans.

Maybe you meant that response for someone else, I haven't mentioned the DNC, Podesta, or Seth Rich in anything.

You still didn't answer the question..

So, if you believe Comey here, you must also believe that Russia without a doubt influenced this past election, right?

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Perfectenemy

lynch asked, comey didn't oblige. he didn't get fired, tho.

trump asked, comey didn't oblige. he got fired..

No, Lynch directed, Comey complained, Lynch directed again - Comey DID oblige.
Trump hoped, Comey interpreted, - Comey didn't oblige

That is the factual basis of what we heard today.

It's actually amazing how many peoples ears don't work.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What's to feel pain about?

This hearing was better than I thought it would be.

You insult your own intelligence, Underwerks.

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

It's impossible for you, as opposed to Underweks, to insult your own intelligence. Seems you never research but instead run with headlines and talking points from very fake news. I swear you're a secret agent of the Republican Party sent to make all Dems look uninformed and durn proud of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: theantediluvian

Everyone seems to forget!

Comey meant Trump WASNT under a COUNTER INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATION.

That is not the same thing as a CRIMINAL investigation.

Trump very well MAY have been under CRIMINAL investigation, but not part of a COUNTER INTEL investigation.

So he can STILL tell the truth, while NOT compromising an investigation.

Wrong - he stated in his testimony during his tenure trump was not under any kind of investigation

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: theantediluvian

Everyone seems to forget!

Comey meant Trump WASNT under a COUNTER INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATION.

That is not the same thing as a CRIMINAL investigation.

Trump very well MAY have been under CRIMINAL investigation, but not part of a COUNTER INTEL investigation.

So he can STILL tell the truth, while NOT compromising an investigation.

You seem to forget Comey was asked several times whether he just meant counter intel or whether he meant any investigation. He said he meant any investigation. Trump is not being investigated. If you can't accept this fact you are hopelessly biased.

But the campaign team, the transition team, Jared, Flynn are being investigated.....

Do you know where the Buck stops?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ok if the nitty gritty detail like that makes a difference.
Oh and hmmmm the reason Comey didn't make that announcement when trump asked him to?
Oh yeah to eliminate a need to correct if that changed.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Uh oh... looks like there might be an obstruction investigation after all!

Lynch Pressured FBI To Downplay Clinton Email Investigation.

Loretta Lynch, the former attorney general under Barack Obama, pressured former FBI Director James Comey to downplay the Clinton email server investigation and only refer to it as a “matter,” Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.

Comey said that when he asked Lynch if she was going to authorize him to confirm the existence of the Clinton email investigation, her answer was, “Yes but don’t call it that. Call it a matter.” When Comey asked why, he said, Lynch wouldn’t give him an explanation. “Just call it a matter,” she said.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785 When someone knows they have you by the balls, they tell you what to do. They say "Give me your #in wallet." If Trump was trying to direct him to drop the investigation, he would've told him to drop the investigation. Since when is Trump nuanced?

Agreed, he is not.

Quote: "But In the presence of English Barons, Henry II—who is now utterly vexed by Becket's actions—cries out: Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest? Believing the King meant for Becket to be murdered, four knights ride to Canterbury Cathedral and kill Becket on December 29, 1170."

It so happens that being the most powerful man in the world (at least according to Trump himself) has quite an impact on semantics versus syntax.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: olaru12

looks like the GOP has had enough of Trump.

Where do you people get stuff like this?!

I don't get that at all! Not that some don't criticize, but no! The GOP has not indicated that at all!

Yeah no kidding, F'ng McCain even kind of stood up for him - and he hates Trump.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: underwerks

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Also, we found out that Comy is a weak and cowardly man.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

I never disputed that in fact Comey vindicated Trump in stating that Trump wanted the investigation to go on. There is no spinning that around because that's what Comey said. Multiple times i might add.

Surely you aren't cherry picking Comey's statements to fit what you believe..

For the gazillionth times. The only lead the FBI has are the DNC server and the leaked emails from Podesta. There is also the Seth Rich story and voter fraud manipulation to boot Bernie Sanders out of the race. That would be primarily my conern.

Nothing about that trails back to Trump or his campaign staff. You grasping at straws here. Russia didn't change the minds of 62 million americans.

Maybe you meant that response for someone else, I haven't mentioned the DNC, Podesta, or Seth Rich in anything.

You still didn't answer the question..

Well we haven't seen a shred of proof about that have we? I'm aware that all major countries try to influence one and another even the US tried that numerous times and that's documented. The hearings are always about Russia but every time they leave out what Russia exactly did and how they accomplished it in the first place. So as of now no Russia didn't do anything to influence the election. It was homemade by the american intelligence agencies. I still stand by my theory that Russia is only used as a scapegoat to hide the far more sinister deeds that were going on with the past administration.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswordsDonald Trump was not the subject of an investigation, never coerced him to make a personal oath of loyalty

I liked the comment of one of the members of the Ctee that when a burglar holds a gun to your head and then politely says "I hope you will give me your money" that still is coercion.

I liked that part too, for a different reason. That doesn't happen. When someone knows they have you by the balls, they tell you what to do. They say "Give me your #in wallet." If Trump was trying to direct him to drop the investigation, he would've told him to drop the investigation. Since when is Trump nuanced?

You know what? That is the best comment I've seen in this thread..."Since when is Trump nuanced?" All through the campaign (even before), and especially since he has been POTUS, he is under constant attack for his bluntness and lack of couth. No way would he "imply" anything...he would flat out state directly what he wanted. Thanks for the reminder this current POTUS would never make a veiled request!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785 When someone knows they have you by the balls, they tell you what to do. They say "Give me your #in wallet." If Trump was trying to direct him to drop the investigation, he would've told him to drop the investigation. Since when is Trump nuanced?

Agreed, he is not.

Quote: "But In the presence of English Barons, Henry II—who is now utterly vexed by Becket's actions—cries out: Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest? Believing the King meant for Becket to be murdered, four knights ride to Canterbury Cathedral and kill Becket on December 29, 1170."

It so happens that being the most powerful man in the world (at least according to Trump himself) has quite an impact on semantics versus syntax.

That is where th emeaning of..ASSumming makes a ASSS out of you and me both" comes from. Unless you are directly ordered to do so it can always be argued it was a mis understanding and no ill intent was implied.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Agreed, he is not.

All you have to do is look at his Twitter feed to find out whether he's learned that in the last 5 months. It's clear he hasn't. He's still very crude and direct. That angle holds no water. If he wanted the investigation dropped, he'd have said that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Uh oh... looks like there might be an obstruction investigation after all!

Lynch Pressured FBI To Downplay Clinton Email Investigation.

Loretta Lynch, the former attorney general under Barack Obama, pressured former FBI Director James Comey to downplay the Clinton email server investigation and only refer to it as a “matter,” Comey testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.

Comey said that when he asked Lynch if she was going to authorize him to confirm the existence of the Clinton email investigation, her answer was, “Yes but don’t call it that. Call it a matter.” When Comey asked why, he said, Lynch wouldn’t give him an explanation. “Just call it a matter,” she said.

Yet listening to the talking heads on the news they want to make you believe Trump is guilty.

I don't see the people on various forums agree with that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

What's to feel pain about?

This hearing was better than I thought it would be.

You insult your own intelligence, Underwerks.

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

It's impossible for you, as opposed to Underweks, to insult your own intelligence. Seems you never research but instead run with headlines and talking points from very fake news. I swear you're a secret agent of the Republican Party sent to make all Dems look uninformed and durn proud of it.

I'd have to have intelligence before I could insult it!

Seriously though..

The public hearing laid the ground work for the discussions that are going on right now in the closed session. And from Comey's statements, he isn't too enthralled with how Trump has conducted himself..

The big news isn't that the NYT lies, (of course they're a newspaper) or that Trump was correct in his repeated claim that Comey told him he wasn't under investigation (a non issue), but that Comey believes Trump had the intentions to chill whatever investigations were going on at the time.

What evidence there is at this point is being talked about right now in the classified closed session, and it might be a while before that info is released, depending on where the investigation is at the moment.
edit on 8-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Wow, you guys are so desperate for Trump to be under investigation - when it has been confirmed now countless times he is not.

This is all obvious that Comey was easily influenced by political parties and I really think this is were Trump was going with the whole "can I trust you thing". He has shown a very weak leadership style throughout Obama admn, Trump admin and now testimonies.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

He's being very discerning as to which questions he answers and how. If only he was able to get his recommended questions to the committee!

He should have asked Donna Brazille...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So the Dems think Comey is a hero now despite wanting him fired months ago themselves. This is hilarious. You just can't make this sh!t up.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join