It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: PurpleFox

Did you not listen to what Comey said? He in a nut shell (cant remember exact words) The Russians used 'sophisticated methods' something like that. Also right before the elections (two weeksish) all the bad reports came out about Hillary, one of which was the e-mail scandal, once again. The report the FBI obtained was not true, but it was too late the public already heard enough about the email scandal. I think the last 3 weeks pre-election is when Hillary lost a nice lead over Trump ,and that is a fact.

Trump lost the popular vote, and perhaps without Russian involvement, very well could have lost the election. Not to say Hillary should not have been campaigning more, but I honestly think she got sick with Pneumonia it kicked her butt (the fainting incident) , It took her awhile to really recover, and thought she was going to win anyway.

Yeah, she got sick and lost because information leaked out about how corrupt her foundation was. You sound like her, are you really Hillary? Accountability is lost with that one and you alike.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Force is the wrong word. I think influence is the word you're looking for..

Was that influence greater than Clinton's and the DNC own derailing actions against Bernie?

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

DId you even watch the hearing? He vindicated Trump on all accounts. Sorry but better luck next time.

Did you have the sound on?

He confirmed that he had told Trump that he, Trump, wasn't a target of investigation at the time. Trump very well might be now (I have no idea, neither do you nor does Comey for that matter).

He also confirmed undue pressure from Trump regarding the investigation into Flynn, confirmed that Trump tried to get an odd pledge of loyalty, asserted that the Trump admin narrative about "the recommendation" was a complete lie (which we already knew) and in fact stated that Trump/the admin lie.

On the other hand, he said that the NYT article from Feb 14 was "in the main, inaccurate" or something to that effect but that's not really saying how the reporter/sources got it wrong.

He also brought up the bit about Lynch asking him to characterize the Clinton investigation as "a matter" rather than refer to it as a "criminal investigation." I'm sure Lynch's response would be/will be a concern with the effect on a candidate during the election.

Had Obama told him, "Hillary's a cool chick, I hope you can let this go *wink* *wink*," then we'd be talking about something on the level of Trump trying to squash.

Speaking of McCain's clumsy attempt at addressing what he was trying to frame as a double standard, there really was a very large double standard in that while the FBI's investigation into HRC was a matter of public knowledge during the election (twice), there was never a statement about the Trump campaign/staffers being part of the Russian meddling investigation.
edit on 2017-6-8 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: underwerks

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Also, we found out that Comy is a weak and cowardly man.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

I never disputed that in fact Comey vindicated Trump in stating that Trump wanted the investigation to go on. There is no spinning that around because that's what Comey said. Multiple times i might add.

So, if you believe Comey here, you must also believe that Russia without a doubt influenced this past election, right?

Surely you aren't cherry picking Comey's statements to fit what you believe..

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

What did you take away from this hearing?

Comey is a manlet.

Trump did nothing illegal.

WE NEED TERM LIMITS.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Let's face it: James Comey is a wishy-washy vascillating rather cowering second guessing kind of guy. That is just not a good fit for this president, who is to the point, evaluates the data and situation, makes a decision, and never cowers.

I doubt these two had much in common. The trust wasn't there for either one of them.

Trump was right to fire him.

Comey never knew how to relate to President Trump.
edit on 8-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

Oh I also learned trump lies.

But to be honest I knew that already.

Wow, you're making this too easy for us...

"You learned trump obstructed justice?"

Did you not watch the hearing? The republican version? It was pretty much demo'd ran and still amounted to a nothing burger.

Now I know you're being willfully dense.

Fake news and over played, yawn.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswordsDonald Trump was not the subject of an investigation, never coerced him to make a personal oath of loyalty

I liked the comment of one of the members of the Ctee that when a burglar holds a gun to your head and then politely says "I hope you will give me your money" that still is coercion. I'm not so sure what you would have done if you were Comey and the POTUS took you apart and clearly said "he hoped that Flynn would be left alone".

What is wrong with Americans anyway - they first install a rule that an FBI director has a 10 year term just to ensure that EXACTLY this - a President that tries to coerce him into certain behaviour - does not happen. Next thing you know the Orange Blossom Special rode all over Comey..

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

LOL! I took the bait. I usually ignore silliness.

link   

originally posted by: Throes
Yeah, she got sick and lost because information leaked out about how corrupt her foundation was. You sound like her, are you really Hillary? Accountability is lost with that one and you alike.

That's the hilarious part: The DNC and the Hillary campaign never disputed the truth of those leaks. They're just mad the info got out.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Perfectenemy

DId you even watch the hearing? He vindicated Trump on all accounts. Sorry but better luck next time.

Did you have the sound on?

He confirmed that he had told Trump that he, Trump, wasn't a target of investigation at the time. Trump very well might be now (I have no idea, neither do you nor does Comey for that matter).

He also confirmed undue pressure from Trump regarding the investigation into Flynn, confirmed that Trump tried to get a odd pledge of loyalty, asserted that the Trump admin narrative about "the recommendation" was a complete lie (which we already knew) and in fact stated that Trump/the admin lie.

On the other hand, he said that the NYT article from Feb 14 was "in the main, inaccurate" or something to that effect but that's not really saying how the reporter/sources got it wrong.

He also brought up the bit about Lynch asking him to characterize the Clinton investigation as "a matter" rather than refer to it as a "criminal investigation." I'm sure Lynch's response would be/will be a concern with the effect on a candidate during the election.

Had Obama told him, "Hillary's a cool chick, I hope you can let this go *wink* *wink*," then we'd be talking about something on the level of Trump trying to squash.

Speaking of McCain's clumsy attempt at addressing what he was trying to frame as a double standard, there really was a very large double standard in that while the FBI's investigation into HRC was a matter of public knowledge during the election (twice), there was never a statement about the Trump campaign/staffers being part of the Russian meddling investigation.

To interpret your spin for everyone else:

Comey stated under oath he does not know Trump well enough to know what he means.

He interpreted Trumps words as a directive and found them very troubling.

He stated on several occasions that news reports have been consistently incorrect - as we all knew, but some refused to accept.

Comey stated clearly that Loretta Lynch interfered with his Clinton investigation and directed him to mislead the American people on behalf of the Clinton campaign.

No significant blow was landed anywhere on Trump and all the Fake news media like CNN and NYT, WaPo have left is the same old innuendo and opinion, but NOTHING to get Trump with. They are losing to Trump and they know it.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: underwerks

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Also, we found out that Comy is a weak and cowardly man.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

I never disputed that in fact Comey vindicated Trump in stating that Trump wanted the investigation to go on. There is no spinning that around because that's what Comey said. Multiple times i might add.

So, if you believe Comey here, you must also believe that Russia without a doubt influenced this past election, right?

Surely you aren't cherry picking Comey's statements to fit what you believe..

For the gazillionth times. The only lead the FBI has are the DNC server and the leaked emails from Podesta. There is also the Seth Rich story and voter fraud manipulation to boot Bernie Sanders out of the race. That would be primarily my conern.

Nothing about that trails back to Trump or his campaign staff. You grasping at straws here. Russia didn't change the minds of 62 million americans.

link   
Biggest Loser: Loretta Lynch

Shockingly enough McCain had valid points!
Comey operates with an obvious double
standard, biased towards Hillary Clinton.

edit on 8-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

link   
looks like the GOP has had enough of Trump. The closed session and special investigation into Russiagate should be telling. This is just the beginning!!

Mueller should get to the bottom of this.....eventually. The evidence is there and will be exposed. Maybe even by the Russkies...Ironic eh?

edit on 8-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: queenofswordsDonald Trump was not the subject of an investigation, never coerced him to make a personal oath of loyalty

I liked the comment of one of the members of the Ctee that when a burglar holds a gun to your head and then politely says "I hope you will give me your money" that still is coercion.

I liked that part too, for a different reason. That doesn't happen. When someone knows they have you by the balls, they tell you what to do. They say "Give me your #in wallet." If Trump was trying to direct him to drop the investigation, he would've told him to drop the investigation. Since when is Trump nuanced?

link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Everyone seems to forget!

Comey meant Trump WASNT under a COUNTER INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATION.

That is not the same thing as a CRIMINAL investigation.

Trump very well MAY have been under CRIMINAL investigation, but not part of a COUNTER INTEL investigation.

So he can STILL tell the truth, while NOT compromising an investigation.

link   

Wow you sure misheard alot of things Comey said. Comey guessed and interpreted Trumps conversations because of muh feelings. He never stated anything that implicates Trump directly hence why this was another waste of taxpayer money. He accused the MSM of Fake News though he got that right.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: olaru12

looks like the GOP has had enough of Trump.

Where do you people get stuff like this?!

I don't get that at all! Not that some don't criticize, but no! The GOP has not indicated that at all!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If there is no there there, nothing is there.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Everyone seems to forget!

Comey meant Trump WASNT under a COUNTER INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATION.

That is not the same thing as a CRIMINAL investigation.

Trump very well MAY have been under CRIMINAL investigation, but not part of a COUNTER INTEL investigation.

So he can STILL tell the truth, while NOT compromising an investigation.

You seem to forget Comey was asked several times whether he just meant counter intel or whether he meant any investigation. He said he meant any investigation. Trump is not being investigated. If you can't accept this fact you are hopelessly biased.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join