It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm not so sure of Comey's so-called impeccable integrity. That may be a bit of a facade, imo. I think he is all about CYA, and he does it brilliantly.

But, at least we know that Donald Trump was not the subject of an investigation, never coerced him to make a personal oath of loyalty, and the news media have lied lied lied many times.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: underwerks

This tweet sums it up perfectly:

Comey: He dangled my job. Demanded loyalty. Wanted Flynn case dropped. Wanted Russia cloud lifted. Fired me.
Trump: I'm totally vindicated!

Yeah that's not what happened but if it makes you feel good about being wrong who am i to deny you your delusions.

Cognitive dissonance is a bad thing, no matter how much the derp in chief leads you to believe otherwise.

DId you even watch the hearing? He vindicated Trump on all accounts. Sorry but better luck next time. Now let's see how people defend Lynch after Comey slipped up. Lynch is probably furious right now. What a great day to be alive.

I get that you only take away the parts from the hearing that reinforce what you already believe.

Ähm i could say the same about you. Seriously is this your comeback?

Comeback? I don't know about that. But it is a fact.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: PurpleFox
a reply to: kurthall

Can you help me understand how Putin was able to force 62 million+ American to vote for Trump?

Thanks in advance.

Supposedly it was

A. the wikileaks releases - but my reaction to that is it is all real information - and if that damages Hillary she brought it on herself.

B. Bots - The idea that computer programs spammed messages that somehow influenced peoples thinking enough to change their vote. My reaction to this is - Hillary's campaign had google rigging search results, facebook and twitter censoring, and still lost - so I seriously doubt a few bots did much by comparison. You want to talk about illegal campaign contributions - how in the hell can all of Silicon valley help one candidate over another blatantly - and that be a fair election?

This has been my position as well. Any help Trump may have inadvertently got from Russia pales in comparison to having the majority of the media, all the social media companies, the sitting President (who is fairly popular), Hollywood, etc in your corner. Clinton lost because she failed to effectively campaign, let's not delude ourselves.

That being said, we still shouldn't take Russia lightly. Comey said the Obama admin knew that was going on since 2015. Why didn't they do more to stop it?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Trust has nothing to do with any of the investigations...

Facts are the only thing that will convict/impeach him on anything..

So far I have seen or heard dang little on facts... just feelings.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Stop lying, you were getting ready to jump for joy when it started and by the end you probably had your hands in your pants wondering, what the hell Comey!?

link   
trump doesn't seem concerned one bit with the Russian interference...

but, clearly he is worried about that dossier, lol.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Comey: He dangled my job. Demanded loyalty. Wanted Flynn case dropped. Wanted Russia cloud lifted. Fired me.

Yeah that's not what happened but if it makes you feel good about being wrong who am i to deny you your delusions.

Cognitive dissonance is a bad thing, no matter how much the derp in chief leads you to believe otherwise.

DId you even watch the hearing? He vindicated Trump on all accounts. Sorry but better luck next time. Now let's see how people defend Lynch after Comey slipped up. Lynch is probably furious right now. What a great day to be alive.

I get that you only take away the parts from the hearing that reinforce what you already believe.

Please present me the proof of obstruction of justice. Not the Lynch one btw that was obvious. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think that Comey gave them enough information to open an investigation of Lynch.
This would then lead to reopening the investigation of Clinton because - what was Lynch hiding?

And himself by leaking to the press.

Catherine Herridge just said Grassley asked him if he ever leaked and he said no.

This is true, but that exchange took place before Comey was fired.

I think she meant today's meeting.

She said he was first to ask questions.

But I could be wrong.

I heard the same comments you did, but I remember what she was talking about, that was not in today's hearing it was one of the ones before he was fired. She was a little ambiguous with the way she described it. Her point wasn't that he lied, her point was that he didn't leak before he got fired, but then leaked to serve his own interests.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The boxer and the sound of silence

Is deafening!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Also, we found out that Comy is a weak and cowardly man.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
trump doesn't seem concerned one bit with the Russian interference...

but, clearly he is worried about that dossier, lol.

Looks like you're listening to CNN again.
They're the ONLY ones falling back to the 'Golden Showers" dossier now.

link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Did you not listen to what Comey said? He in a nut shell (cant remember exact words) The Russians used 'sophisticated methods against our election' something like that. Also right before the elections (two weeksish) all the bad reports came out about Hillary, one of which was the e-mail scandal, once again. The report the FBI obtained was not true, but it was too late the public already heard enough about the email scandal. I think the last 3 weeks pre-election is when Hillary lost a nice lead over Trump ,and that is a fact.

Trump lost the popular vote, and perhaps without Russian involvement, very well could have lost the election. Not to say Hillary should not have been campaigning more, but I honestly think she got sick with Pneumonia it kicked her butt (the fainting incident) , It took her awhile to really recover, and thought she was going to win anyway.

edit on 8-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

link   

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

Oh I also learned trump lies.

But to be honest I knew that already.

link   

Please present me the proof of obstruction of justice. Not the Lynch one btw that was obvious. Thanks in advance.

How would anyone outside of the closed session happening right now know about any evidence that's been uncovered so far?

The public hearing is just for the public, the real juicy stuff is being talked about right now..

link   

I know! We found out that Trump wasn't being investigated, we already knew, No obstruction of justice and new material on the lynch ordeal.

Trump not being investigated doesn't mean the Trump organization isn't being investigated..

A small distinction that seems to be lost on everyone who's constantly moving the goal posts to make themselves seem right, but very relevant given the information from the hearing today.

The only ones moving the goalposts are the ones who were for months calling it the "Trump-Russia investigation" and now have to resort to "well Trump's campaign is still being investigated!"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I never disputed that in fact Comey vindicated Trump in stating that Trump wanted the investigation to go on. There is no spinning that around because that's what Comey said. Multiple times i might add.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Perfectenemy

lynch asked, comey didn't oblige. he didn't get fired, tho.

trump asked, comey didn't oblige. he got fired..

No, Lynch directed, Comey complained, Lynch directed again - Comey DID oblige.
Trump hoped, Comey interpreted, - Comey didn't oblige

That is the factual basis of what we heard today.
edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really?... I learned that trump obstructed justice and Comey is still respected on the hill .
You must have been watching the republican version of the hearings.

Oh I also learned trump lies.

But to be honest I knew that already.

Okay now i'm convinced you're deaf. Comey said no to all the obstruction BS right from the start. It was clear as day.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Wow, you guys are so desperate for Trump to be under investigation - when it has been confirmed now countless times he is not.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the biggest thing I took away from today is that Comey is honest in his own sense, most of the problems he's had were because he just makes poor decisions and he's not a strong leader. Not confronting the President about any of this is very poor leadership. The revelation about Lynch was damning as well, he should have reacted much more strongly to that. No one so weak-kneed should be leading the FBI.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join