It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: JinMI

Uhhh, MCcain, did not seem to understand, that Comey was trying to say, Hillarys Investigations, and this investigation are two completely UNRELATED investigations...Man I thought he must have had a stroke right before he questioned Comey.......
MCcain seems like he is getting senile.

I think* the point McCane was trying to make is how does Comey know information gathered from Clinton's illegal server (which I think has been verified as compromised by five non-US countries) didn't affect or help the Russian interference. A valid point, I think, just wished he would have asked it more clearly. Term limits FTW!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

lynch asked, comey didn't oblige. he didn't get fired, tho.

trump asked, comey didn't oblige. he got fired..

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Massive win for Trump.
This is the best democrats have - it is a pea shooter.

Loretta Lynch? not so much.. she's in trouble.

Sounds like she tried to interfere with Comey.
Put her on the stand and ask if Obama directed her to tell Comey to mis-characterize Hillary's investigation.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: UKTruth

Loretta and Comey have a shared past with the Clintons money by affiliations.

Since the early 2000s, corrupted to the max.

Well he threw her under the bus in the clearest of ways today. I expect Sessions will start proceedings against her shortly.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Is ok, don't get frustrated, is too much media propaganda going on around making people confuse about what is reality and what is fake.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: queenofswords

I know. I could see the pain in his eyes and the reluctance to embarrass senator McCain.
He wanted to.
Do we write it off as being civil or being weak?

Don't you know how to respectfully and gently correct someone's misunderstanding? I do. Sheeeesh!! Silly girl.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: UKTruth

Massive win for Trump.
This is the best democrats have - it is a pea shooter.

Loretta Lynch? not so much.. she's in trouble.

Sounds like she tried to interfere with Comey.
Put her on the stand and ask if Obama directed her to tell Comey to mis-characterize Hillary's investigation.

Has to be done - not only did she DIRECT Comey to mis-characterise, she confirmed that direction when he challenged her.. AND Comey accused her of aligning the language with the Clinton campaign!
edit on 8/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hey better her than him, I mean Loretta over Comey, I guess when it comes to who should take the blame for anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This tweet sums it up perfectly:

Comey: He dangled my job. Demanded loyalty. Wanted Flynn case dropped. Wanted Russia cloud lifted. Fired me.
Trump: I'm totally vindicated!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
So in a nutshell:

Everything we already knew and nothing we didn't know about?

Well yes and no, according to trump before this it was FAKE NEWS, which Comey made very clear, this is NOT FAKE NEWS.....yeah trumpitiers, its not fake news. Your President even yesterday according to Comey lied when asked about Russia. trump responded "NO, NO," when asked about Russia. Comey was asked if he felt don was telling the truth, and he said "no, not in my opinion." trump is a liar, and chief. I believe Comey 100%. Lets hear those tapes trump!!!! "Lordy I hope there are tapes"!!

edit on 8-6-2017 by kurthall because: fix

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Comey: He dangled my job. Demanded loyalty. Wanted Flynn case dropped. Wanted Russia cloud lifted. Fired me.

Yeah that's not what happened but if it makes you feel good about being wrong who am i to deny you your delusions.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
LOL....Is anybody disappointed that the rumor that President Trump was going to live tweet during Comey's hearing didn't actually happen!

That would have been too much fun!! (I knew Pres. Trump would not do that.)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Sen. Reed is now talking about "lifting the cloud" and Comey's declining to do so.

Again. Comey never connected with Trump. Two different personalities. Trump is direct and blunt and Comey is vascillating and weasly.

Comey is also a product of the Obama administration and he was in the past hand picking what the FBI would consider legal or illegal in regards to Obama, Clinton(s), Lynch, Holder etc that in all cases he choose to see all their activities as not worth investigating.

I feel Comey is not non-partisan though he wants to be seen that way. The little circus he did with Hillary's emails I think was an act to demonstrate his "non-partisanship" by saying what she did was not right, but also not illegal in his view... Kind of like, see I looked...but with no conclusion...

He said he was sick to his stomach that he might have influenced people's view of her with this action, and that is why I feel it back fired on him. In his director roll feelings should not play into his decisions and it is plain that they did and most likely what Trump has seen. Remember the Democrats asked for his head on a plate too, which Trump was unwilling to do until he was also convinced.

Trumps own words were he was surprised by the left's negative actions in he felt this was 100% bi-partisan with the dozens of democrats open attack on Comey in the past.

edit on 8-6-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

LOL....Is anybody disappointed that the rumor that President Trump was going to live tweet during Comey's hearing didn't actually happen!

That would have been too much fun!! (I knew Pres. Trump would not do that.)

I certainly am.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think that Comey gave them enough information to open an investigation of Lynch.
This would then lead to reopening the investigation of Clinton because - what was Lynch hiding?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One thing I noticed, Comey said he had a friend, a professor, leak the contents of his memo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't WaPo report they were read the contents over the phone by an official at Justice or someone official?

link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: underwerks

Yeah that's not what happened but if it makes you feel good about being wrong who am i to deny you your delusions.

Cognitive dissonance is a bad thing, no matter how much the derp in chief leads you to believe otherwise.

link   

What did you take away from this hearing?

Comey is a big CYA person.
Donald Trump did nothing wrong. He may have not used normal political style, but did nothing wrong.
Verified -- NYT lies...big time sometimes.
Comey gave memos pertaining to meetings to an outsider, a friend, and they are no longer in his personal possession!!!!!

What else?

Comey admitted to being weak, and cowardly.

He admitted he considered the president a liar in his first meeting - showing his bias against him from the beginning.

Comey now claims the Flynn comment was meant to stop the investigation - but at the time he did not mention it was inappropriate to Trump, he then proceeded to not report it to anyone including the attorney general when already in a conversation about not being left alone with the president, and then later testify at the beginning of May that no one had ever tried to influence him. These actions clearly demonstrate his characterization now of the situation is heavily biased by him being fired, as does his overall demeanor in the hearing. But to his credit he did not seem to make anything up, just embellish facts as much as possible to put the president in a bad light.

Comey admitted to having many concerns about Lynch in the Hillary investigation - but never made that public during the election - showing bias in favor of Hillary. He also cleared Hillary on the email investigation himself - appointing himself judge and jury - which is why he felt fine about clearing her.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
1. There was nothing new or unknown revealed.

2. It seems both sides of the aisle are hell bent on creating a military standoff with the Russians for doing what has always been done by both sides for the last seventy years or so.

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole purpose of all of this is to elevate and disseminate a false or perceived threat and narrative to justify military action on a world wide-scale.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Anyone:
DID Comey admit Lynch told him to refer to the Hillary Clinton investigation as a "matter"...and NOT an "Investigation"?

I believe so

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join