It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey testifies before the Senate Intelligence Committee-Live 10am EST

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Well, as we've been seeing, they just ask the same questions in a different way. Comey is not saying what they've hoped for and it's really got them in a panic.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He got his paranoia medication from the nursing home so now he can't see the invisible Russians trying to put grenades in his coffee
edit on -050011am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Perfectenemy

no
i think he has personal problems with bill and hill

Interesting thanks good to know.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

what
no legal duty to report a crime

holy moley
really comey

Nope, he was spot on.

On the federal level, is simple knowledge that a crime occurred or may have occurred enough to require an agent or officer to report it? The US Code identifies misprison of felony as both knowing about the crime in question and taking steps to conceal it. Simply knowing a crime occurred, or may have occurred, isn't enough to merit a misprison of felony charge. Courts have held that simple knowledge of a crime and not reporting it isn't in and of itself a crime, but that one must take active steps to hide the crime as well.

Ethically, it's an entirely different question. But legally? He was absolutely correct.

link   
3rd time McCain has said president Comey

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: SudoNim

Lol, don't flatter yourself.

Are you Sublimecraft's alias or minder?

link   
What I think McCain is asking, is why HRC's investigation was wrapped up before the election but not Trumps?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Apparently McCain is senile. He's somehow conflating the Clinton email server investigation and the Russian meddling investigation.

link   
"That thing" was not important enough to ask at the time of the actual conversation, but yet Comey decides it's important enough to include it in his written statement.

Sheeesh! Comey is playing some kind of game.

link   
Comey is not the President.

The old man is senile. Clearly he is not mentally capable of doing his job.

link   
Oh no. McCain is getting lost at the Walmart.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Apparently McCain is senile. He's somehow conflating the Clinton email server investigation and the Russian meddling investigation.

How dare you question President Comey!

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

what
no legal duty to report a crime

holy moley
really comey

Nope, he was spot on.

On the federal level, is simple knowledge that a crime occurred or may have occurred enough to require an agent or officer to report it? The US Code identifies misprison of felony as both knowing about the crime in question and taking steps to conceal it. Simply knowing a crime occurred, or may have occurred, isn't enough to merit a misprison of felony charge. Courts have held that simple knowledge of a crime and not reporting it isn't in and of itself a crime, but that one must take active steps to hide the crime as well.

Ethically, it's an entirely different question. But legally? He was absolutely correct.

that may be so for a regular citizen i bet it is different for an fbi officer

link   

originally posted by: JinMI
What I think McCain is asking, is why HRC's investigation was wrapped up before the election but not Trumps?

Could be i have trouble to decipher his questions.

link   
a reply to: cleverhans

Someone should record these idiotic ramblings to use for the next election cycle's ad campaigns...
"Do you want a man who cannot remember who he is speaking to while addressing him face to face as your senator?"

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Maybe I missed that in civics class, pledges to Grover Norquist and the President. I thought they took pledges to the constitution.

"FBI officials, according to the bureau's website, must only pledge allegiance to the Constitution and not any individual which includes the president.
"It is significant that we take an oath to support and defend the Constitution and not an individual leader, ruler, office, or entity. This is true for the simple reason that the Constitution is based on lasting principles of sound government that provide balance, stability, and consistency through time," the FBI's oath of office reads.

"A government based on individuals--who are inconsistent, fallible, and often prone to error--too easily leads to tyranny on the one extreme or anarchy on the other."

www.mlive.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I know poor guy.
Having a major senior moment there.
Getting the investigations mixed up.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Lmao. That was pretty damn awkward.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Comey could have clarified it, but, again, weakly, he allowed the misunderstanding by McCain to proceed.

edit on 8-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It was. I'm sure he was last on purpose.

Looking forward to your interpretation of the hearing.

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join