It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BOMBSHELL ALLEGATION** Comey buried 47 hard drives with proof of Obama spying on US citizens.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Oops! I see you're from Australia, so you probably aren't that aware of how serious our Archives are, and how strict our Federal Records Keeping policies are in the U.S.

When he created a "document" pertaining to his job and recorded his thoughts, actions, decisions regarding a meeting he just had as FBI Director with the POTUS on a classified FBI laptop in the back of a government vehicle, those records became the property of the US Government (We The People).

That doesn't mean we get to see them right away. They are held as government property, however, and Records Management rules apply for archival purposes.

Repeat for "emphasis": They are in the Cloud. James Comey wants them "out of the cloud".

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Director of the FBI.... 'Off the clock' ? While riding in a government vehicle, typing on a government laptop?

Yes. Contrary to your obvious disbelief, people are not 'on' 24 hours a day. They do have personal time; they do have a life.

Notes I make about meetings are MY notes, not my bosses notes, and not my company's notes. Even if I walk out of the meeting, go to my (company owned) office, sit down at my (company owned) desk and start typing them on my (company owned) computer. Unless, of course, they are the official minutes for the meeting.

Typing what he spoke with the POTUS about because he thought it may have bearing on an investigation that was taking place at the time??? That isn't job related????

I didn't say it wasn't job related, I said it was his personal notes. He can make any notes he wants to help him do his job correctly. In this case it was to ensure the notes were as accurate as possible with out have to rely on memory that diminishes with time.

Police investigating a crime take notes - in a personal notebook that does not belong to the Police Department - in order to ensure their official reports are accurate. They take those notebooks into retirement with them and they are free to keep them or destroy them. They belong to the individual officers.

The real interesting thing is that he had similar feelings about what Loretta Lynch had told him pertaining to the Hillary Clinton investigation..... Yet he wrote NO memo about that meeting.

He made it very clear in his testimony that the Lynch incident was in no way similar. She did not suggest that he should stop the investigation. She asked him to not call it an investigation, suggesting that he should call it 'a matter'. A request which sounds as silly to all of us now as it sounded to him at the time.

A direction that sounds silly is not the same as a direction to break the law. Lynch didn't ask Comey to break the law, and she didn't break the law in issuing the direction. Her instruction only made him sound foolish when he followed it.

Trump's direction on the other hand was illegal, an attempt at obstruction of justice; Lynch did not ask Comey to shut down the investigation.

That is telling.

What is telling is that you can't understand the difference between a stupid attempt to downplay the seriousness of an investigation (by calling it an 'matter' instead of an 'investigation') and an unsubtle attempt to shutdown an investigation by threatening the job of the Head of the FBI.

One is a clumsy attempt at political spin, the other an overt attempt to obstruct justice. They are leagues apart.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Police investigating a crime take notes - in a personal notebook that does not belong to the Police Department

That is not entirely true.

Those notes can be and often are subpoenaed into court. And, some jurisdictions require copies of all notes taken to be included with any investigative material.

Australia may be different.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

My gut tells me that Comey wanted to write his own version of what just took place. I think he effed up in that meeting and decided to "document" an entirely different "rememberance" so it wouldn't come back to bite him in the butt.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Police investigating a crime take notes - in a personal notebook that does not belong to the Police Department

That is not entirely true.

Those notes can be and often are subpoenaed into court. And, some jurisdictions require copies of all notes taken to be included with any investigative material.

Australia may be different.

This is exactly the truth. ANY investigative notes are discoverable. There is actually a word to describe these types of "personal" notes during an investigation, but I'm a bit rusty to remember it. And the rules are MUCH different working on a government computer than a private org computer. Everytime you log on to a government computer, desktop and laptop, you agree that ALL materials created could be considered government prperty (to paraphrase).
edit on 12-6-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Notes I make about meetings are MY notes, not my bosses notes, and not my company's notes. Even if I walk out of the meeting, go to my (company owned) office, sit down at my (company owned) desk and start typing them on my (company owned) computer. Unless, of course, they are the official minutes for the meeting.

So, are you the Director of the FBI...
Or are you the Secretary of State for the US?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Oops! I see you're from Australia, so you probably aren't that aware of how serious our Archives are, and how strict our Federal Records Keeping policies are in the U.S.

Oops! Where I live has nothing to do with the discussion. Just to get you back on track I'll let you know that I am a "Natural Born Citizen" of the United States of America. I was born in a suburb of Detroit. My ancestors were on the Mayflower. Before moving to Australia, I have worked in local government and state government (not Federal though), in "highly responsible positions", including positions that required a security clearance.

I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PUBLIC RECORD AND PRIVATE NOTES. You clearly do not.

I have also worked for some of the largest international companies in the world, as both a permanent employee and a contractor, in both the USA and Australia. I know the difference between company intellectual capital and private notes.

Kindly do not pretend to lecture me on how best to suck eggs.

Repeat for "emphasis": They are in the Cloud.".

If by "Cloud" you mean that the FBI owned laptop he probably used would have been backed up and the document would therefore be in the FBI backup system, I would agree that there is every possibility of that (but the FBI backup system is not on the "Cloud").

On the other hand, he may have never stored them on the laptops disc, he may have written them directly to a USB message stick.

James Comey wants them "out of the cloud

What gives you that idea? He has already said that he gave them to a friend to make them public, and in his testimony he seemed surprised that it hadn't occurred to him that the friend probably still has that copy.

Remember Comey is trying to make this stuff public, not hide it. Why would he care if there is yet another copy buried somewhere in the FBI backup system?
edit on 12/6/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

What is telling is that you can't understand the difference between a stupid attempt to downplay the seriousness of an investigation (by calling it an 'matter' instead of an 'investigation') and an unsubtle attempt to shutdown an investigation by threatening the job of the Head of the FBI.

Surely you jest!!

Trump allegedly asked that Comey see his way clear to "let this go". He never asked him again! No coercion.

What Loretta Lynch did was ten times worse!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Those notes can be and often are subpoenaed into court.

Of course.

AND that does not change the fact that the notebook remains the personal property of the Police Officer.

And, some jurisdictions require copies of all notes taken to be included with any investigative material.

Also true - to the extent that the notes become part of the case report or records of interview or whatever. The entire notebook is not included with every case report. Even when that is the case, the original notebook can still be subpoenaed.

Comey's memo's can be subpoenaed too, however it is my understanding that he has already voluntarily turned his memo's over to the Senate committee as part of his testimony.

I don't understand why you have an issue with regard to the 'ownership' of this stuff. Presumably you want the Government to own it so it can be made public? But whether the Government owns it or not, it IS public, and Comey has cooperated in making that happen. What's the difference?

edit on 12/6/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You are very naive then.

Your personal story, though interesting, does not make you an expert on Records Management as it pertains to government agencies.

I think you are wrong.

(but the FBI backup system is not on the "Cloud").

What makes you believe that?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I don't understand why you have an issue with regard to the 'ownership' of this stuff.

Really? You don't understand why that's an issue?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Your personal story, though interesting, does not make you an expert on Records Management as it pertains to government agencies.

I think you are wrong.

(but the FBI backup system is not on the "Cloud").

What makes you believe that?

Because my entire career involved government computer systems, applications and systems software. Including managing official archive systems. This is not my first rodeo, and it is obvious that you don't have clue number one about how computer systems work. The FBI does not buy backup software for ninty-nine cents off the Google Store and they don't use consumer quality cloud services from Apple, Microsoft, or Google either.

Do you actually have any idea what 'the cloud' is? Do you actually have any idea how secure systems manage backups from mobile devices? Can you begin to put those two ideas together to understand how and why they just don't mix? Do you have any understanding of SECURE networking that you didn't learn from the film Hackers?

And to get back to the thread topic, Montgomery doesn't know any of this stuff either and Klayman is a kook.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Really? You don't understand why that's an issue?

I understand fully why it is a non-issue.

What I don't understand is why you think it is.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Domestic terrorist with power. All comey is, or rather, was.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

True! Good work!

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

All these threads need to be put in a new obama era corruoption ats forum.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: macpdm
Aside from the fact that as you say this is absolute madness its very conveniently timed dont we think.

In the age of Donald Trump, information and the timing and accuracy thereof, is of paramount importance. The evidence is all around us. Could Comey be about to drop a bombshell tonight to counter this 'pre-emptive strike'?

Interesting.

Comey has a protection plan.
Absolutely foolproof or his money back from Acme.

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: carewemust

All these threads need to be put in a new obama era corruoption ats forum.

Why all these requests for an "Obama corruption" forum? Why not a "Donald Trump constitutional crisis" forum? Oh, wait, that would biased, wouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Had a feeling this thread would be coming back to life.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join