It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

The party with the most seats is given the first chance to form a coalition. If May only needs a couple of seats she will easily get them from the unionist parties in Northern Ireland. There's nothing in those poll numbers which suggest Corbyn will be Prime Minister.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: CranialSponge

I think May's poor performance, if true, should be put down to the evil, vindictive policies she has overseen as both Home Secretary and Prime Minister.

I honestly can't see these polls being accurate....but who knows?

Who would form a coalition with The Tories?

Nick Clegg will stab Tim Farron in his bed, take over the Lib Dems again and jump back in bed with them

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: 83Liberty

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Its just a guess right now, based on an opinion poll , not the vote counts.
Labour Majority is 20/1 on Bet 365

It's an exit poll (so they ask people who they voted for in key seats after they leave the polling stations).
I can't see Labour getting a majority at all but Labour don't need a majority for Jeremy Corbyn to become Prime Minister.

In the U.K. they're notoriously unreliable. Last time they bared almost no resemblance to the actual result. It was really quite remarkable.

The Exit Poll in 2015 had The Tories on 316 seats. The actually result was 331.

So only 15 seats out.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Its just a guess right now, based on an opinion poll , not the vote counts.
Labour Majority is 20/1 on Bet 365

It's an exit poll (so they ask people who they voted for in key seats after they leave the polling stations).
I can't see Labour getting a majority at all but Labour don't need a majority for Jeremy Corbyn to become Prime Minister.

In the U.K. they're notoriously unreliable. Last time they bared almost no resemblance to the actual result. It was really quite remarkable.

Yeah just looked up the past exit poll results to the actual results. The 2015 election the exit poll gave the Tories 15 less seats than they actually achieved in the end. However, the 2010 election exit poll was pretty much bang on the money!
edit on 83032bAmerica/ChicagoThu, 08 Jun 2017 16:32:09 -05003017 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

link   
Interesting...

They're talking on BBC how May's call for an election to gain strength might blow up in her face.

link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

A frightening prospect....as is the thought of Corbyn and Sturgeon cozying up together.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's another graphic of the exit poll results.

And a link to the BBC live coverage:

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Here's an interesting thing.
Looking on the betting site, there is money coming in for the next PM.

May 8/15 Fair enough.
Corbyn 5/2 again, I can see that.
Boris Johnson 7/1 what the hell?
Amber Rudd 20/1 again....
David Davies 66/1 ??
Phil Hammond 66/1 ??

Tim Farron 1000/1 lmao

What gets me is, who knows what? Is there some inside money on a leadership challenge or a May resignation? 7/1 for Boris looks crazy short.

edit on 51pThu, 08 Jun 2017 16:34:51 -050020172017-06-08T16:34:51-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

A frightening prospect....as is the thought of Corbyn and Sturgeon cozying up together.

Stop, I only just got JC and Dianne Abbot out of my head....damn.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The mere thought of Boris as PM is crazy..... imagine him and Trump, a truly frightening thought!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

What gets me is, who knows what? Is there some inside money on a leadership challenge or a May resignation? 7/1 for Boris looks crazy short.

That would be crazy considering Teresa May was constantly saying vote for ME.
Maybe someone put some big money on it so they lowered the odds to reflect that.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The mere thought of Boris as PM is crazy..... imagine him and Trump, a truly frightening thought!

Great TV show for sure....but, thinking about it, if the Cons only manage a minority government, then May will have to resign in the morning....Damn, Boris might just be PM.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Any kids in here who havn't yet voted get up of your arse and get to the polling station.. Dont leave it to people like this guy to decide your future.

Just glad he doesn't have a dog, really.

Been there done that. When I was a kid our neighbor had a dog which would poop everywhere outside our front gate. Mum told us to take a plastic bag, scoop the poop and put it somewhere that our neighbor would know where to find it. So we put it through her letterbox

link   

That would be crazy considering Teresa May was constantly saying vote for ME.
Maybe someone put some big money on it so they lowered the odds to reflect that.

See my reply to Freeborn

link   

I thought I had heard Sturgeon say she would go with May?????

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum running the planet...?

Not a pretty thought.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Scottish electorate would hang her for it

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

I definitely heard her on Radio 4 the other day saying she would never go with the Tories.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
never would have thought the torries would have been talking seats in Scotland, can't see it happening.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Thank you....but that's why my ears perked up when she said it....I must have heard wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join