It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Ohanka

Yeah but at least we knew where we aere during the Oz/Cam era. That period will be looked back on as a golden age in the next few years as we begin the big descent on the rollercoater called Brext

Cameron and Osbourne's reign of error set this country into an austerity-fueled decline from which it is unlikely to recover any time soon.

Austerity does not work. Sod it, sod those Tories who support it, and most of all sod the EU who are the main driver of this ideologically driven neoliberal austerity across the entire continent.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I must have a little Brit in me. I understood your point here.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
A pre-recorded Prime Ministerial Q&A now ... she's either got a sore throat or (I think) she's in the middle of an attack of the nerves. Said not much. Forming a new cabinet, didn't answer when asked if she'd considered resigning.

Bag of nerves, that woman, as strong and steady as a cat in a hailstorm.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Shin Fain news conference...... 6 people standing in the middle of the street...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not to mention now getting nice and cosy with the party of Ian Paisley,

She has no mandate to claim power.

Not only are we getting more Tory government. We are getting Tories in a coalition with a party that will actually drag them to the right!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isn't it ironic that Theresa May & the Tories spent 3 weeks talking about Jeremy Corbyn's terrorist sympathies and yet they jump straight into bed with the DUP who have tremendous links to terror group Ulster Resistance...

Ho hum.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Isn't it ironic that Theresa May & the Tories spent 3 weeks talking about Jeremy Corbyn's terrorist sympathies and yet they jump straight into bed with the DUP who have tremendous links to terror group Ulster Resistance...

Ho hum.

YUP!!!

I love it,

I think we will be back to the polls before long.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

She didn't look comfortable outside #10 when she announced the election...swaying from side to side. My immediate reaction was that she was pushed into this and not what she wanted.......I smell a stinky fish.....has this got to do with Brexit afterall?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Ho hum.

YUP!!!

I love it,

I think we will be back to the polls before long.

Just as well. It's been almost 24 hours since I last voted and I am starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

If it gets any worse I am going to have to start voting on x factor!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But you do have principles Pete...and that counts for a LOT!
How about you and me start up The Ministry party for the next election

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: UKTruth

It's rather fitting she has to team up with DUP to cling to power.

Gone will be the accusations that Corbyn is a " Friend Of The IRA "

www.lbc.co.uk...

These crooks - on both sides - will lie with whoever they need to in order to cling to power.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Ah but see, I would abolish all extrajudicial and legally questionable surveillance of the population, I would want to ban Universities from charging the student for education at any point or any stage in their time at Uni, I would want to give the NHS a shot in the arm to the tune of billions and billions of pounds every six months, while forcing NHS chiefs to employ more people but take less pay for themselves to cover the cost, AND I would want to pay for it all without putting a greater tax burden on anyone but the people who collectively caused the problems we are facing. Heavily taxing the top fifteen percent, while making next to no change to the tax asked for from regular citizenry. These things and a whole heap more, all designed to prevent all the advantages belonging to one segment of society, forcing these things to be collectively advantageous to EVERYONE.

Now, theres stuff in there you would probably be behind. But I doubt very much that you would support my stance on intelligence gathering and policing

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Why use one word when a hundred will do?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
A pre-recorded Prime Ministerial Q&A now ... she's either got a sore throat or (I think) she's in the middle of an attack of the nerves. Said not much. Forming a new cabinet, didn't answer when asked if she'd considered resigning.

Bag of nerves, that woman, as strong and steady as a cat in a hailstorm.

Probably the diabetes getting to her. Think she's been injecting since 2010. Poor woman is actually not in the best of health

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
EU's hopes of halting brexit will be very short lived. Maybe just a few days.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Its things like this that make me proud to be british!

And he would still be a better candidate than Trump or Hillary.....

edit on 9-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Here is Lord Buckethead in 1987 when running against Margaret Thatcher.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

lmao, didnt have any nutter candidates in my constituence just the main parties, glad we havent got a weak ragbag coalition of labour, snp, and libdem. And snp losing seats to conservatives funny as

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveEngland

lmao, didnt have any nutter candidates in my constituence :

UKIP not standing there then?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Ha forgot about the Ukip canditate, had about 1% of votes, met him in town recently campaigning, didnt seem a nutter to me more reasoned, but I could see he was gutted when i said no vote from me because we got the referendum and so they losttheir point to me.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join