It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The Tories have been a disaster.

They have cut public services massively, oversaw 3 terrorist attacks when cutting police officer numbers, they failed in the "remain" vote and now this!

They have to go, I wish were going to the voting stations again.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

That analysis is precisely correct.

It is absolutely unbelievable that such a thing could come to pass, despite Theresa May having lambasted Corbyn for his peace talks with the IRA. She is a fine one to talk. Billions in trade with Saudi Arabia, and "Christian" fundamentalists as conspirators in her own government? What a two faced monstrosity of a cow.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They have cut public services massively, oversaw 3 terrorist attacks when cutting police officer numbers, they failed in the "remain" vote and now this!

Police numbers won't stop lone wolf/cell type terror attacks, you being unfair there thse attacks were and are oing to happen whoever is governing The UK

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Not to mention now getting nice and cosy with the party of Ian Paisley,

She has no mandate to claim power.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Good grief. Sounds like the patients have taken over the asylum. Like here in the U.S.

link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Police numbers won't stop lone wolf/cell type terror attacks, you being unfair there thse attacks were and are oing to happen whoever is governing The UK

yeah but you cannot say that cuts like that are a good thing that's the point i am making, she cannot cut 20,000 officers and cut armed officers aswel then claim to be strong on security.

Thats like me saying I am going to cut 20,000 doctors and nurses out of the NHS but I am still the party of the NHS it just does not follow through.

link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
I'd like to see the military step in and take control of the state. Remove all the crap and re-install Cameron and Osbourne to run the country and keep is in the EU. Back to normality.

Go home Dave, you're drunk.

link   
To those in this thread urging me to enter politics....

I appreciate your sentiments, and am amused. But its still about as likely as May pulling the Tories out of government as a matter of principle, which as we all know, would be hideously unlikely, since she has no principles at all.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Don't worry i would never vote for you

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The terroeists gonna get through whatever level of security we have, but I do get where you're coming from there on second thoughts. Maybe (
) she should go now

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yeah but at least we knew where we aere during the Oz/Cam era. That period will be looked back on as a golden age in the next few years as we begin the big descent on the rollercoater called Brext

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
May has lost her credibility.

How can she call the General Election saying that she wants to have a stronger hand in dealing with Brexit negotiations then when she loses seats she acts like she has "won".

I am pissed at my fellow Scottish voters, Scotland have kept that old hag in power.
edit on 9-6-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yeah but at least we knew where we aere during the Oz/Cam era. That period will be looked back on as a golden age in the next few years as we begin the big descent on the rollercoater called Brext

Yeah, for the elite few who made even more money than ever whilst at the same time they initiated a programme of totally unnecessary austerity cuts deliberately targeting the most vulnerable and needy in our society.

Time will not look kindly on them.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Exactly the same as in the immediate aftermath of the Brexit vote the UK is completely rudderless and drifting aimlessly without any sort of leadership whatsoever.

May did absolutely nothing during her year as PM and is carrying on very much in the same vein.

Given recent events just how vulnerable are we at present?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I am sorry ufoorbhunter, but I have to disagree here.

The last three major incidents were committed by individuals who had been named to the authorities repeatedly, and at least one of them had been reported to the authorities by the FBI in America, as well as by the people they lived, worked and worshiped around.

The simple fact of the matter is, that less money spent on signals intelligence, and more on making sure that there are enough police officers to act on human intelligence, not to mention ensuring that all human intelligence is acted on quickly and prudently, WOULD have made sure that these incidents did not happen.

The recent incidents in London and Manchester were all utterly avoidable, and it is down to Theresa May's choices during her stint as Home Secretary, that these matters have not been handled previous to the individuals involved, actually acting against the people. Whether you want to talk about May as a Home Secretary, or as a Prime Minister, she roundly failed to protect the nation, despite having every tool at her disposal to do so (some of which simply should not exist for the sake of our liberty), and ample warning that the individuals concerned were dangerous.

So no, these attacks would NOT have happened under just any government. But a government running the police force into the ground, destroying public services, and making foreign policy choices which are nothing short of criminally negligent to the safety and security of our country, now that has had no problem placing our people in danger, purely to keep the pocket books of the governments key investors looking pretty.

The coffee is hot and fresh... take a whiff.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well, she would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids......

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
One thing I learned following this thread: you Brits are either so wordy that your original point gets lost, or you're too short with your words to understand your point.
There's hardly an in-between.

Either way, I sure hope this all shakes out in The People's favor.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
One thing I learned following this thread: you Brits are either so wordy that your original point gets lost, or you're too short with your words to understand your point.

quite

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Everyone calling for May to step down is a sexist.

That logic sucks when you're on the other side of it doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Chickensalad

quite

Lol

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean...

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join