It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee stabs psychologist to death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
We keep getting told to feel sorry for them because they come from war torn countries (which is a lie, most of them are economic migrants).

Well maybe the way we should look at it is not that these people are victims of circumstance, but their countries are war torn # holes because of the way they act - i.e. like they're now acting in the West.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Too often we forget about the victims of these criminal acts by illegal immigrants. The debate becomes about the pros and cons of immigration, not about the victims and their families that have been impacted by the crimes.

I agree. Did you notice the OP, despite his *reasons* given for creating this thread and the other thread on the same topic— never made any real effort to speak about the child and their family? Never gave the child a face and a name. Never demonstrated any real form of empathy and compassion.

This is why I was disgusted with this thread. IMO, I feel the OP and many others are using this child's horrible death to push a personal agenda and project a bias. IF this is true, they should be ashamed of themselves to use a child's murder to push a bias. This is why I stated earlier in my comments about *moral outrage* as being one of the motivators to create this thread. That was the *impression* I had..

Now, I could be wrong, but reading through this thread and the other thread the OP created singling out refugees horrific and vile crimes against children and seeing no actual empathy demonstrated towards the victims—I'm pretty sure that is what is going on here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Again: All crimes against children should be highlighted, no doubt. However, to use a child's death to a push an agenda without actually caring about that child is absolutely disgusting.

They will deny it despite it being clear as day.

However, denying ignorance is more important and this is why I commented on this thread.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

If you can look through my thread history and still tell me I have some agenda and that I have no compassion or empathy, well I guess that's too bad.

Go ahead and enjoy the other cases of murder/rape/suicide that I've highlighted that don't include Muslims.

And speaking of fake moral outrage, guess what I do for a living?

Anyways, you're not even worth the time.

Peace

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Well maybe the way we should look at it is not that these people are victims of circumstance, but their countries are war torn # holes because of the way they act - i.e. like they're now acting in the West.

Bingo! I've said it multiple times before, you can't take a barn cat from the barn into the house and then act shocked when the barn cat picks fights with the house cats, craps on the rug, and destroys the furniture. Their plight in their home countries is on their shoulders whereas our plight is on our own shoulders when things turn to crap in the host countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

If you can look through my thread history and still tell me I have some agenda and that I have no compassion or empathy, well I guess that's too bad.

My impression was based off your OP and comments in this thread and the other thread highlighting *refugee* crime. You made no attempt to demonstrate empathy and compassion towards the psychologist who was murdered. You made no attempt to even put a face to him and his family and tell his story.

The name of the 30 year old psychologist is Musaab al-T. He was a former refugee himself from war-torn Iraq who studied in Germany to become a psychologist in order to dedicate his life to helping other refugees that are now in the same situation he and his family were once faced with. It is heartbreaking, to say the very least.

According to police, the suspect had gotten into an argument during a counselling session with the 30-year-old psychologist and stabbed him with a knife. The psychologist died of his injuries at the therapy centre. The reason for the conflict is still unclear, but police said they had ruled out terrorism.

Die Welt reported that the psychologist had himself immigrated to Germany, moving to the country from Iraq in 2005. The victim, Musaab al-T., completed his bachelor's degree in psychology in Saarbrücken and was finishing his master's degree.

"I was born and raised in war," he had told the Saarbrücker Zeitung last year.

German Red Cross president Rudolf Seiters said he was "appalled and shocked" by the crime.

"All of the German Red Cross mourns the admirable worker," Seiters added. "Our sympathy is with the family members."

A spokesman from the Red Cross said that there is always a risk in working with people coming from war-torn countries. The state Red Cross in Saarland has about 2,500 full-time employees, and more than 6,000 volunteers.

Germany has taken in more than one million asylum seekers since 2015, about half of them from war-torn Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

www.thelocal.de...

I believe that you are a good person who cares for others. Most people on this site are good people despite disagreements. Again, I only respond to thought-processes.

Go ahead and enjoy the other cases of murder/rape/suicide that I've highlighted that don't include Muslims.

I might read them but, I doubt I would *enjoy* them considering the nature of the topic being murder, rape and suicide.

Btw, based on your comment: do you believe ALL refugees are Muslim?

And speaking of fake moral outrage, guess what I do for a living?

That's none of my business. You don't have to qualify and/or validate yourself to anyone. It's none of your business what I think...

Anyways, you're not even worth the time.

Fair enough.
edit on 9-6-2017 by Involutionist because: because my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Their plight in their home countries is on their shoulders whereas our plight is on our own shoulders when things turn to crap in the host countries.

"Their plight in their home countries" is caused by the host countries—NATO. The west creates the mess and then turns its back on those effected by such a mess is incredibly inhumane. It is also ignorant to believe *their countries* are the way they are because of the way *they act*. Their countries are the way they are because of imperialism. I have a thread coming which explains these geopolitical dynamics quite simply. Perhaps it will help some do away with these distorted notions they hold onto.

Bingo! I've said it multiple times before, you can't take a barn cat from the barn into the house and then act shocked when the barn cat picks fights with the house cats, craps on the rug, and destroys the furniture.

How do reconcile your above perspective when these facts are weighed:

The name of the 30 year old psychologist is Musaab al-T. He was a former refugee himself from war-torn Iraq who studied in Germany to become a psychologist in order to dedicate his life to helping other refugees that are now in the same situation he and his family were once faced with. It is heartbreaking, to say the very least.

www.thelocal.de...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So your argument is that it is unfair of Germany to not have the same number of stabbings as NYC, so they should import people until they can brought into line?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

My impression was based off your OP and comments in this thread and the other thread highlighting *refugee* crime. You made no attempt to demonstrate empathy and compassion towards the psychologist who was murdered. You made no attempt to even put a face to him and his family and tell his story.

Because I'm not here for sympathy. My opening statement should tell you that. Imo, PC is more dangerous than terrorism, at the end of the day, the truth is more important than my ego or your feelings. I doubt you've been paying attention, but I'm on these boards everyday debating with people, and it has just reached the point where it's much easier to cut the PC crap and call it how you see it. If I become a bad guy for that, so be it.

I might read them but, I doubt I would *enjoy* them considering the nature of the topic being murder, rape and suicide.

The point was to show you that I'm not focused on some agenda and i highlight many different cases.

Btw, based on your comment: do you believe ALL refugees are Muslim?

Do you even have to ask me this? We are both from Toronto, that should tell you what I know about refugee's.

That's none of my business. You don't have to qualify and/or validate yourself to anyone. It's none of your business what I think...

Well, I guess we agree on this.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

That is horrible news. A man who took the time to become a better person, to study psychology with the end goal to help others and then his life is taken by some random ( not even meant to be in that country and in that room ) in a snap of a finger. What happened to people fighting back at their country to try and remove any poisonous agendas. Now its, run for your lives and harbour in another country.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Because I'm not here for sympathy.

You're going to have to expound on that statement because it absolutely makes no sense at all in regard to context regarding the subject matter, or my comment. Are you related to the victim...?

Sympathy is not the issue. Empathy is.

My opening statement should tell you that.

How so...?

Imo, PC is more dangerous than terrorism...

Again, that makes no sense. Your OP subject matter is not related to *terrorism* at all...

Btw, do you actually believe that being politically correct is more dangerous than terrorism...?

C'mon man, check your thought process...

at the end of the day, the truth is more important than my ego or your feelings.

I'm emotionally detached from this topic other than having empathy for the family of the psychologist—a former Iraqi refugee—who had to endure the pain and suffering of the loss of a loved one.

I doubt you've been paying attention, but I'm on these boards everyday debating with people, and it has just reached the point where it's much easier to cut the PC crap and call it how you see it...

What PC crap...? Please explain your motivations for this thread...

...and call it how you see it. If I become a bad guy for that, so be it.

How exactly do you see it? By all means: please spell it out.

The point was to show you that I'm not focused on some agenda and i highlight many different cases.

i *read* people like a book from a metaphysical perspective. Your thoughts are not as intimate as you believe...

Your words mean nothing to me in regard to the above...

If I become a bad guy for that, so be it.

Please see my previous response to you. You're a good soul, but your intentions cannot be disguised by mere words on a social media site....

Again: I can *read* you....

Well, I guess we agree on this.

Cool cool. In saying that: check yourself...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

That is horrible news. A man who took the time to become a better person, to study psychology with the end goal to help others and then his life is taken by some random ( not even meant to be in that country and in that room ) in a snap of a finger.

You damn well know *that man* you speak of is an Iraqi refugee himself....

After all, what part of the OP and his source did you come to the realization that he "took the time to become a better person to study psychology with the end goal to help others"...?

What happened to people fighting back at their country to try and remove any poisonous agendas.

You must of forgot about the US invasion of Iraq. Either that, or you're just trolling....

edit on 10-6-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So your argument is that it is unfair of Germany to not have the same number of stabbings as NYC, so they should import people until they can brought into line?

Bloody hell, some American are just...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

? Gun laws? He was stabbed to death in a German refugee camp with a knife - keep American Gun politics out of this - oh wait you're American LOL try reading........

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
So let me get this straight a man seeing a psychologist I'm assuming because he was having issues. Stabs a psychologist over an argument what has this got to do with refugees?? This sounds more like a problem with psychologists and there treatment.

As a psychologist he wasn't supposed to be arguing with his patient. And if he was a violent which obviously he was should have had him committed. But more to the point psychology is hard especially if someone is from a different culture or even a different area on some countries. They may want to look into this program and rethink their approaches
edit on 6/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You're going to have to expound on that statement because it absolutely makes no sense at all in regard to context regarding the subject matter, or my comment. Are you related to the victim...? 

Sympathy is not the issue. Empathy is.

Meaning I could care less whether you think I have any empathy or not. I'm not here to earn points or validation by saying the things you want to hear.

How so...?

Read above.

Again, that makes no sense. Your OP subject matter is not related to *terrorism* at all... 

Btw, do you actually believe that being politically correct is more dangerous than terrorism...? 

C'mon man, check your thought process...

Yes PC is more dangerous than terrorism. I don't expect you to understand that or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. PC is the plague with that's wrong with today's Society. But again, I don't expect you to understand that or else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I'm emotionally detached from this topic other than having empathy for the family of the psychologist—a former Iraqi refugee—who had to endure the pain and suffering of the loss of a loved one.

Oh bless your little heart. Is this the part where I'm supposed to sympathize for you? Talking about fake moral outrage? Lol, get real. You just like to argue and debate with everyone. Why else do I have to explain every single nuance of every single sentence ? So u can have debating points. So here you go.

How exactly do you see it? By all means: please spell it out.

That when you drop your emotions and think rationally, you would be able to see that there is a clear problem with taking large influxes of refugees from war torn countries. Nobody is saying every one of them is dangerous, but you would be extremely naive to say that there are not bad apples among them, and don't bring me up no numbers because that's already been discussed. This is what I see and what I know and I could care less about your opinion of it.

i *read* people like a book from a metaphysical perspective. Your thoughts are not as intimate as you believe... 

Your words mean nothing to me in regard to the above...

Lol, maybe if you didn't always come across as some self-righteous know-it-all, it would be easier to take you seriously. You demeanor is, 'if you don't think like me, you're wrong and stupid. Check yourself'.

Good luck in life.

Please see my previous response to you. You're a good soul, but your intentions cannot be disguised by mere words on a social media site.... 

Please read my previous responses. I could care less about your opinion or anyone's for that matter. I'm confident with my beliefs and my convictions, and that's all that matters to me. I'm not here to prove anything to anyone. You don't like it? Too bad.

Again: I can *read* you....

Clearly... But unfortunately you're not seeing the most glaring thing - I don't even care -

Cool cool. In saying that: check yourself...

Thanks. So here you have it, I responded back to you when I said I wouldn't. I answered all your questions. Now you can go stroke your little ego with somebody else because this is my last response.

I'm not about this petty back and forth #.

Enjoy your life.

And see? I don't have to tell you that I can *read* you, to let you know that I can actually *read* you. But I kind of just did, oh well..

edit on 10-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: like a book...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Your fingers must be burning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join