It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugee stabs psychologist to death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

There were 900 stabbings in NYC last year by April 4th. NYC has a population of 8.5 million.

Looks like in 2015 & 2016, Germany took in somewhere around 1.1 million refugees.

Let's do some quick back of the napkin math here.

* 900 stabbings in 94 days = 9.57 stabbings per day.
* That's about 1 per 888k people, per day or .113636... per 100k people per day.
* So a population of 1.1 million NYCers at that rate would work out to be about 1.25 stabbings per day.

Yesterday was the 158th day of the year. That works out to be what? 158*1.25 = 197.5 stabbings for a population of 1.1 million NYCers.

And of course, that's just the entrees from 2015 & 2016 so the population of refugees is certainly larger (the Asylum Information Database site is down for maintenance). And let's keep in mind that these are refugees. That there are disproportiately more males than females and younger people than old.

The proplem is that by disproportionately focusing on these stories, you easily create a distorted view and once you have it, you can start looking for "explanations." It's a common bias in the media under normal circumstances. When it comes to the politically contentious issue of refugees, it's even worse.

A typical nonsense argument. We already have stabbings so more is ok. /facepalm

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
So many people here seem so afraid, it must be exhausting.

Unless another 9/11 happens *knocks on wood*, I feel quite safe on the 28th floor in my high-rise condo. My neighbours are also Muslims, great people.

I also live in the most multicultural and diverse city in the world.

You mean afraid, like people are of Trump for some reason?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Bit more info:

- the refugee is in hospital now, recovering from self-inflicted wounds with said knife. Guy has a lot of psych problems, it seems.

- the refugee came from syria, Aleppo. Have you seen "Last Men from Aleppo" (IMDB)? It ran on tv here recently. I would go mad if my family would have lived there.

- it happened at a specialized center for PTSD. How many veterans have you heard of who came back traumatized?

I do not like or even can understand his actions, but he was obviously a troubled man under treatment.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: pirhanna

Can you really blame them? They are coming from a war torn country where violence, murder and rape is the norm.

They have been desensitized.

"War torn Country" or "Culture"?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

"War torn Country"!
Examples:
Aleppo, 2010 - Aleppo, 2017

It does not having much to do with any kind of culture, really.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I'd say a bit of both, they are kind of intertwined.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Nothing to see here. Working as intended.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

If Saddam Hussein was still alive all these terrorists would be dead so fast our heads would spin. And there would be no refugee "crisis"

Secondly, a refugee/immigrant comes into a country where there is no war so that the refugee can finally feel peaceful...you get into one freaking argument with them and they will stab you to death, shoot you down, run you over with a car, or blow up a huge radius at a concert or something.

When you live through war you expect it...I don't think "counseling" is the way to go. They want counselling? Go back to where you came from, grab a weapon, and take down those free radicals and reclaim YOUR land. Go stab or shoot the real enemy...not an innocent civilian. Don't start sh$t in other countries.

Arrested only???? I feel sad for the psychologist and their family and others who didn't ask for this.

I am not racist, I have a few Muslim friends and they hate what is going on with this whole mess. Unfortunately they also said that US is the big reason why this whole mess came about and why there is such hatred towards the west.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Bit more info:

- the refugee is in hospital now, recovering from self-inflicted wounds with said knife. Guy has a lot of psych problems, it seems.

- the refugee came from syria, Aleppo. Have you seen "Last Men from Aleppo" (IMDB)? It ran on tv here recently. I would go mad if my family would have lived there.

- it happened at a specialized center for PTSD. How many veterans have you heard of who came back traumatized?

I do not like or even can understand his actions, but he was obviously a troubled man under treatment.

Shhhh don't bring facts paired with logic to the discussion, don't you know this is a bash all Muslim or patronize muslim website now?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But nothing that he mentions justifies the killing. In fact, only highlights the problem even more.

You want to open your doors to a bunch of desensitized, mentally unstable refugee's suffering from PTSD that are an incident or two away from potentially having an unhinged mental breakdown that can potentially lead to murder?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna wth does gun laws have to do with this, he stabbed the guy right and refugees and non citizens should not be allowed to own firearms period.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The amount of damage these refugees are doing is almost unfathomable. Can we please stop this, if not for our sake, for the sake of our children and grandchildren? I'd rather they not live in an environment indistinguishable from the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheNewsMan
The amount of damage these refugees are doing is almost unfathomable. Can we please stop this, if not for our sake, for the sake of our children and grandchildren? I'd rather they not live in an environment indistinguishable from the Middle East.

Is it better to live through a market crash than a constant "terror" attack?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Yes you can effing blame them, and have them shipped back or put down.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That story that person post about 900 stab in NYC, and only Muslim being reported not the majority doesn't give us a reason not to worry. Muslim are getting serious about world domination they have three phrase once the population get overwhelmed with Muslim it's game over for the city.

h ttps://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18881909_707155282825169_1464614677265355877_n.jpg?oh=791c38c6275c1a0307488f643c2c1c09&oe=599F95CB

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hey smartest guy in the room,

Only you believe your the smartest guy in the room.

Everybody is smarter than me.

Humble yourself.

No thanks. I'd rather remain aware than humble...

*Whispers* - psst.. I don't give a snippity-doo what you think.

Yet, you still responded. Let it marinate...

........And??

Feel free to continue to disguise your bigotry under the cape of moral outrage then. No worries. Carry on...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Psychological .. Psycho's and Logic don't mix.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join