It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea puts THAAD deployment on hold?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If this is true, it is an interesting development. Does SK fear a pre-emptive act by the north? Or the U.S.?

One would think a coastal deployment by the U.S. Navy would be 'nearly' as effedtive but would not match having the system directly between the launch point and the target?

Thoughts?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 7-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Oh, its the main scream. 'Holding' nothing, they been emplacing it in stages for years, will continue to do so until they got China dead in their sights.

Meanwhile fooling us all that its "on hold"...

Talking peace while preparing for war.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well this could just be the particular bubble of SK "netizens" (internet friendos) that I know, but it seemed to me all I saw was push back from them in comments. They seemed very against the installation of the THAAD system. I wish I could recall their points as to why but I guess since I figured it was their dilemma to discuss (well the particular installation in their country) that I didn't bother keeping that Intel in my brain. So with that being said I'm not exactly surprised to see that they possibly will stall it.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Oh, its the main scream. 'Holding' nothing, they been emplacing it in stages for years, will continue to do so until they got China dead in their sights.

Meanwhile fooling us all that its "on hold"...

Talking peace while preparing for war.

If the media is to be believed, it's the Chinese that are the only real protesters to the THAAD deployment. Easy to envision some quid pro quo between China and the Soth Koreans in the form of economic perks or even outright bribes to SK officials.

On the other hand, as you say, 'on hold' could mean a completed installation with the activation switch left 'off'....

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

maybe the new prez isn't liking the books and shady fine prints in the agreement... in the tune of a billion....

“I informed South Korea it would be appropriate if they paid. It’s a billion-dollar system,” Trump said. “It’s phenomenal, shoots missiles right out of the sky.” POTUS

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

maybe the new prez isn't liking the books and shady fine prints in the agreement... in the tune of a billion....

“I informed South Korea it would be appropriate if they paid. It’s a billion-dollar system,” Trump said. “It’s phenomenal, shoots missiles right out of the sky.” POTUS

I wasn't aware of that. Maybe we should let the north take the south over and be done with it...

top topics

join