It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answering questions about Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Some questions were posed to me in the previous thread, which I was unable to answer in time, so I created a new thread. If anyone else has questions about Islam, feel free to ask.
First off, Saint, the information about Jesus (that he would come back to earth as one of the signs of the end of time) is mainly from the Hadith of Muhammad. While the Quran only says that Jesus was "Raised up" to God, and will be brought "Back to life", it does not go into further detail. The Hadith I am referring to is:

Abu Hurayrah narrated: Allah’s Messenger said, “The Hour will not be established until the son of Mary [Jesus] descends among you as a just ruler. He will break the cross, kill the pigs, and abolish the jizyah tax. Money will be in abundance so that nobody will accept it (as charitable gifts)” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

There is also about the Dajjal(Antichrist):

Abdullah ibn `Amr reported that Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The Dajjal would appear in my ummah and he would stay [in the world] for 40—I cannot say whether he meant 40 days, 40 months, or 40 years. And Allah would then send Jesus son of Mary, who would resemble `Urwa ibn Mas`ud. He (Jesus Christ) would chase him and kill him. Then people would live for seven years that there would be no rancor between two persons” (Muslim.)

While the Quran does not really "tell about" any specific persons life, there is one chapter Surah Mariam (Mary) that you may find useful to understand the Muslim perspective on Jesus.
Lazarus, to answer your question, right now most of the anger of the "Muslim World" is due to the percieved bad treatment of Muslims in places like Palestine. The fundementalist/terrorist capable people, who would generally be suppressed in any balanced society, are making use this anger to further their own agendas. While I am not very knowledgeable on world politics, and the Palestine/Israel mess just gets me confused, my solution for everything is always education. Right now much of the muslim world is stuck in an "Ignorance Mode" where they say "Hey, all I need to learn is the Quran, all information that could possibly be useful to me in my life is there". This gives the rulers an open invitation to misinterpret passages in the Quran to suit their needs.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I asked the thread to be reopened. Sadly the past few days my internet was in a coma so i couldnt respond.

new topics

join