It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Official Becomes its own Independent Nation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy1

I don't think a non-binding resolution is in that list. It's just a statement about Trump, nothing more. More divide to control politics by Brown.

It does seem to be working as some are acting like it has any real meaning. It's just bait.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Stevemagegod

If this is California becoming its own nation then us signing that weapons deal with SA must mean we are now a part of SA. Flawless logic there steve.

California can sign whatever deal they want with whomever they want as long as it is not against the best interests of America. This is not against the best interests of America.

The Constitution states that only the Federal Government may make treaty with foreign governments. California ratified the Constitution and conceded their ability to make treaty with foreign nations. This is pretty cut and dry, the only question I have is how treasonous Gov Brown was.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

A group of people in California want to secede and honestly I don't blame them, but that doesn't California as a whole wants to or is gong to secede. Them wanting to join in on the Paris agreement like a few other states want to is slightly relevant to secession but is still a separate issue.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There is nothing wrong with individual states making their own laws regarding carbon emissions. That seems like something that should be under control of the states, as they know the needs, both economic and environmental, of their own state.

But why do they need to get other countries involved? All this does is give China leverage over California's economy. Cali obviously did this just to irritate Trump.

They very well may have done this to piss off Trump, but it's nothing new.

States have collaborated with foreign states when it comes to education and such for years.

States can collaborate with foreign businesses, *not* with foreign governments.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

They are good!

Look at those maneuvers ...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
This is bad, very bad.

The CCP will actively look into any influence they can get and this damned Cali gov just made it a reality.

That man should be shot for treason.

Wasn't there a thread about Chinese investors dumping a live Donkey in with a bunch of Tigers? That seems mighty symbolic in light of this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Heh. State sovereignty this, state sovereignty that...

Until a state wants to do something good for our planet then suddenly it's treasonous.

Supremacy clause this, Compact clause that...

Until a state government wants to make an agreement with a foreign government then suddenly it's all about state sovereignty!

Note: Gov Brown and the California insanity legislature can regulate themselves all they want and mimic the Paris Accord guidelines to their heart's content, but they cannot establish their own foreign policy.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How many of those FSA's were reviewed/approved by Congress?

In all honesty if there are any that were not approved they should be nulled and voided, and the state stripped of benefit.

I'm a 10th Amendment guy, I want states to handle most of their internal affairs by themselves and become the political laboratories they were intended to be. But it's pretty clear that original intent was for states to be confined to national business. States aren't even supposed to work with each other without Federal oversight.

Just because a certain behavior has been going on without consequence does not make the behavior correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

If California were planning on becoming it's own country?
We might see a boom in large industrial complex buildings.
And I can tell you all for a fact. I've never seen so many tilt ups
being raised anywhere like I do here.

above top secret
edit on Rpm60717v58201700000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

If this is California becoming its own nation then us signing that weapons deal with SA must mean we are now a part of SA. Flawless logic there steve.

California can sign whatever deal they want with whomever they want as long as it is not against the best interests of America. This is not against the best interests of America.

Wow your Serious Lol. You realize the Federal Government is in charge of everything foreign not the states right?

You are correct . And the act can be considered treason against the US
But ,I say if they do leave and take Dummywood with em, "good riddance of bad rubbish"

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I guess the Oakland Raiders got an early leak about this.... lol couldn't help myself... carry on

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think the best move is just wait for it to fall into the ocean after the upcoming massive quake. Or has that been cancelled
You know, I actually believe that'll happen. Isn't cali a basically a shelf? Or hollowed underneath?

An old theory I heard once was that the USS Scorpio went missing down there, causing the fabrication of the story we see now.

Sorry, off topic, but nonetheless interesting.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Where is congress in all this? This would all be a violation of the supremacy clause of the US constitution.

This is all very unworthy of us. It really is time to address the issue. This sort of discord is not OK.

First and foremost though respect the law. If not get your gun and bring in the cat. This sort of thing has happened more than people know in our short history alone. Usually doesnt end well.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: BlueAjah

While the foreign Compact Clause applies (as a constitutional matter, if not always in practice) to a broad range of formal and informal agreements between a state and foreign countries, the Supreme Court has determined that the domestic Compact Clause applies only to a narrow class of state agreements (those that establish binding obligations and, typically, multistate administrative agencies). Moreover, in United States Steel Corp. v. Multistate Tax Commission (1978), the Supreme Court declared that state compacts require congressional approval only if they "encroach upon the supremacy of the United States."

Those that establish binding obligations.

This is non-binding.

Um....read it again.

While the foreign Compact Clause applies (as a constitutional matter, if not always in practice) to a broad range of formal and informal agreements between a state and foreign countries
Um, formal as well as informal agreements with a FOREIGN entity. The states are something different.

When trying to make a point, try not to hoist yourself by your own petard . It is obvious our government didn't want any state to enter into ANY agreements with a foreign country......Therefore, what Moonbeam Brown did is illegal.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Jerry Brown thinks he is king of California or something? And China cutting CO2 is a joke. China burns coal.

China allows a person to simply toss a bunch of PCP coated salvaged wiring in a barrel and smoke it for the copper, much like a rogue junkyard does before they get evicted from the lot, in America, after the neigboring salvage yards have seen, and inhaled enough. That is deadly and they do it everywhere

Morons.

Or is it
Morans?

# 803

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Um....read it again.

Ok. Read it like 10 times. It still says NON-BINDING.

Is it supposed to change just because you ask us to read it again or something???

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Hey your logic is all over the place here buddy... Let us examine your logic.

This is you:

Cali signs agreement = California is its own nation

USA signs agreement = Becomes member of nation it signed agreement with.

WtH? Nobody ever said CA was joining CHINA...

What you should have said was this:

If CA signing an agreement with China makes CA its own nation, then I guess since the USA signed that weapons deal with SA, i guess now the USA is its own nation too, huh?

Or, alternately:

If CA signing an agreement with CHINA means that CA is a part of China, then I guess since the USA signed an agreement with SA, now the USA is a part of the SA.

Both statements are, of course, false, but, at least they do not use false logic... Your embarrassment must then also be compounded by the fact that you tried to pass this falsified method of thinking onto someone else, as if they were the originator of the ignorance contained in your statements.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
So a NonBinding agreement would fall under "formal and informal agreements", as FissionSurplus mentioned. Correct?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Interesting observation, my devious friend Randy. Thanks for sharing bud. Are you trying to tell us that, from observing this image, it appears to you as if this particular construction job appears to be on some kind of a rush? Because they normally do not put up so many sections of concrete wall like that at once? Is that what you are implying?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply, and thank you cor sharing your viewpoint with us

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

So...

States rights only mean something to you when it comes to guns?

Double standards like this are usually only present in the political class.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join