It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Official Becomes its own Independent Nation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Is that even legal??

The Governor needs to be impeached ASAP. This is dangerous thinking.

OOOOOOHH!

Proof he's colluding with China to influence the next election.

RAWRRR!!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Brown's action is a violation of the Constitution:

"No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Article I, Section 10, Clause 3

Compact Clause

The Framers of the Constitution had little difficulty seeing that combinations among the states, or any foreign-affairs activities undertaken by the states, were so fraught with danger to the union, that none should be allowed unless Congress consented. Comparable prohibitions had already been contained in the Articles of Confederation, but the Framers chose somewhat stronger language in the Constitution to assure national supremacy in foreign affairs and in relations among the states.

edit on 6/7/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Stevemagegod

If I was in a manufacturing business I would move from California immediately. Actually, I would NEVER do business in California. It is a hostile environment to all business.

However, if this could lead to California leaving the U.S. it might not be that bad of an idea. That state is full of libtards.

Ya, let's alienate California and Mexico while we are at it. Then when we go to the grocery store we will not be able to afford anything other than raman noodles.

You do business in California every time you go grocery shopping.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

While the foreign Compact Clause applies (as a constitutional matter, if not always in practice) to a broad range of formal and informal agreements between a state and foreign countries, the Supreme Court has determined that the domestic Compact Clause applies only to a narrow class of state agreements (those that establish binding obligations and, typically, multistate administrative agencies). Moreover, in United States Steel Corp. v. Multistate Tax Commission (1978), the Supreme Court declared that state compacts require congressional approval only if they "encroach upon the supremacy of the United States."

Those that establish binding obligations.

This is non-binding.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It says right there in the second paragraph the agreement is NON-BINDING. So what are you freaking out about??

It's just an agreement to try and work together in renewable energy markets and lowering green house gasses which is non-binding and therefore makes no real difference.

The worst you're going to get if you fail to live up to the agreement is a "Shame on you" from the people you made the agreement with.

You're title, like always it seems, is completely false and misleading.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The part you are referring to is in regards to agreements between states, not other countries.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

GOP senators send letter to Iran in attempt to undermine nuclear deal

www.pbs.org...
Never mind the logan act.

States petition to secede from union

www.cbsnews.com...
Yup if things didn't go your way lower the stars stripes.
How quickly we forget, some of you guys are so rich in irony you could form your own industry and never go broke..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: introvert

The part you are referring to is in regards to agreements between states, not other countries.

I believe you may be correct. Will have to look in to it more.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I have expected that for some time now as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Heh. State sovereignty this, state sovereignty that...

Until a state wants to do something good for our planet then suddenly it's treasonous.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Oh Pfft...

Agreeing on working together to reduce emissions is important, Chinas smog sullies western (read that California) skies all the time. Its in both our interests to try and work out solutions to reduce that.

Edit:

Nasa image of coal dust over western pacific

Chinese pollution from coal burning
edit on 7-6-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You can lump this non-binding agreement in with the 340 other Foreign State Agreements made by 41 other states since 1955.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Ssshhh!!! Don't ruin their narrative.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Ssshhh!!! Don't ruin their narrative.

No worries. It will be most likely ignored.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Right out of the Chairman Mao playbook.
China cracks a lot of "Fortune Cookies"
in California.

If you catch my drift.
S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You only think that it is "Good for the Planet",
because Hollywood told you so.
I know, because they told me so too.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

They never sent a letter.

All they did was publish it on the internet.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
According to our constitution, California has every right to do such as a sovereign State.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

They have no intent on creating their own nation. Wanting to combat global climate change with global partners is in no way illegal or a sign that civil war is looming. Take your sick fantasies to breitbart where they belong

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You can lump this non-binding agreement in with the 340 other Foreign State Agreements made by 41 other states since 1955.

Quoting to up the odds of someone actually reading it instead of hyperventilating like a weenie. Non-binding agreements are nothing new, states have been doing them for over 60 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join