It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Leaders demand taxpayer funded SAFE SPACES away from Spy Agencies/Police surveillance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's some news from Australia:

In a submission to a parliamentary inquiry into freedom of religion, Islamic leaders have demanded government funding for anti-terrorism and anti-extremism should be used to create the religious sanctuaries. 'To create safe spaces urgently needed by Muslim youth to meet and talk about a range of issues in emotional terms, where they can be frank and even use words, which in a public space would sound inflammatory,' the submission reads. 'That they cannot express irony, humour, anger or joy in words and facial expressions that would make them a target for 'surveillance' is a cause for despondency leading to mental health issues among many.'

This is the same Islamic Council who had a women's conference where young women demonstrated how their husbands were permitted to beat them with a stick.

I wonder what "irony, humour, anger or joy" they would want to express that would flag them as a security risk. Anyone who would joke about committing a terror attack or express joy that one has occured is a sick puppy in my books...

In an age where the divide between modern Western freedoms and traditional Islamic beliefs needs to be breached, the Islamic Council proposes more segregation and more special treatment for Muslims. Meanwhile prominent truly moderate Muslims who speak out about the need for Islam to reform and integrate with Western Society are physically attacked and received death threats and Fatwas. They are the ones who need protection and need a platform to safely speak up about the extremism within their communities.

It's just crazy to think that they'd want to prevent Australia's Spy Agency ASIO and the Police from being permitted to investigate what is said in these proposed "Safe Spaces" when they claim that they want transparency and have nothing to hide.

Islamic Council calls for Muslim SAFE SPACES without surveillance

edit on 7-6-2017 by Kalixi because: added link

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Islamic Leaders demand taxpayer funded SAFE SPACES away from Spy Agencies/Police surveillance

Wait we can do that? I demand a safe space away from cops too. LMAO. These guys are such idiots. Whats even funnier is they will probably get one.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Don't they have churches where the leaders can take them into a tiny room and talk to them? Why would taxpayers actually have to pay for that space? Their members pay for that kind of stuff like the members of Christian churches do. Cripes, it is hard for a Christian group to get help with playground costs when the government gives other schools the money to pay for these upgrades.

Their religious contributions should take care of that.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Bet those spaces would be as safe as no gun zones in the US.
edit on 7-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Wait we can do that? I demand a safe space away from cops too. LMAO. These guys are such idiots. Whats even funnier is they will probably get one.

That is the sad part, they probably will get the money from our government.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
How about a big [SNIP] NO to that request??

edit on 8/6/2017 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It's a ludicrous idea. They have Mosques where they can pray and meet up and they are as free as any other religion to. Infact there are hundreds of unofficial Mosques set up in private homes all over the country. They're the ones you've got to be concerned about as they are set up to host radical hate preachers without anyone knowing

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The Islamic Council leaders need to be removed and replaced with moderate Muslims. The old leader went on national tv with his wife and daughters talking about his search for a second wife - against AUS law.

This whole Safe Space bs is directly spreading a feeling amongst Muslims that they are poor victims of unjust Western society, which in turn feeds resentment and a divide, the first rung on the ladder to extremism.

Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Well, sometimes, if your let another cultures
foot in the door, your culture will have to
pay dearly one way or another.

History clearly explains that fact.
The politically correct have forgotten
the true concept of the Trojan Horse.
Dumbed down and destroyed.

Idiocy on the take.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
They want to plan terror in peace, away from them pesky anti terror forces.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Sounds like they want a private place to indoctrinate and brain wash new recruits where they know the authorities won't be listening in unlike a public mosque.

That's a hard NO!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I wonder if this is related:

edit on 6/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

How about a prison basketball court???
Ok?
Great....now let's get a cot and show you to your new home...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
More proof, as if it were needed, that Islam fears scrutiny.
edit on 8-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Lol. How transparent.

The people making this request should be put under 24/7 surveillance.
edit on -050001am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

There's a secret War going on behind the backs of those who dwell in the land of the free, and all Western Society's. It's baffling that people have allowed it to carry on this far, all in the name of human rights.

People are getting so stupid now i'm surprised Society hasn't fallen apart already.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

There's a secret War going on behind the backs of those who dwell in the land of the free, and all Western Society's. It's baffling that people have allowed it to carry on this far, all in the name of human rights.

People are getting so stupid now i'm surprised Society hasn't fallen apart already.

The stupid people are the ones falling for the propaganda . Do you know on which side of that line you fall ?

Society has always been ugly, we are still a tribal people even though we think ourselves civilised.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If I didn't I wouldn't waste my time posting what I just did now would I?

Of course Society has always been ugly, demeaningly so, yet that one thing that makes most of us Human seems to be lacking. It's called Common Sense, along with Dignity and simply doing what's right.

It's clear that those running the place are running amuck themselves, and not only that, but teaching the next Generation how to relinquish their freedoms in order to be 'politically correct' in the eyes of their peers. After all, populism is far more important than actualism and realism.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

It's clear that those running the place are running amuck themselves, and not only that, but teaching the next Generation how to relinquish their freedoms in order to be 'politically correct' in the eyes of their peers. After all, populism is far more important than actualism and realism.

Yep the end game seems to be chaos.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

So they want in other words sanctuary spaces where they can worship full sharia and exercise their own laws.

Are Islamic worshipers males soo fantastic?

They are really trying hard to impose their own countries within other countries that host them as refugees.

Destroy nations from within.

new topics

top topics

join