It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela you got some splainin to do

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: Perfectenemy

It didn't have it. There were videos of it being played and that lyric was not included. I myself heard it on both the radio and on an original LP, and then it was just no longer there. Now it's magically back. Yeah. Bull#. Those are the ones I think were done deliberately to screw with people. The ones that were changed back.

Wait the track on the LP changed back into the original one? I'm listening to Queen since i was a Teenager and the lyric was always We are The Champions of The World. This is getting creepy. How do you change a lyric on a LP? Clearly not everyone on this planet experienced the ME so why are we not affected? Now i'm really intrigued.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Clearly something has happened or is going on. There are to many signs of this to just ignore.

I do remember that the torch had been closed off on the Statue of Liberty. Thought it was because it had a crack in it or something too that effect, though I don't remember it being from a war. Also that they would let a few people up there for very special occasions, but they were a rareity.

Yes to Lucy and some splanin to do, yes to Sun glasses and white shirt.

Seems like it would be simple enough to ask Judge Judy and Sally Fields what happened there.

I've mentioned it before around here, but all my life I have had a mole on the middle of my neck near my Adam's apple. One day I noticed it wasn't there and questioned the wife and roommate about it. They were clueless and I was a bit distresses about it to say the least. Couple weeks later I wake up and it's back and they have no recollection of the conversation about it. Glitch? I dunno, but it was weird.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The Lucy "splainin" line was used by Emilio Estevez in the 1987 movie "Stakeout" (with Richard Dreyfuss) when they saw the horrible condition of the apartment that they were going to be using for the stakeout. I don't remember anyone saying it before that, but I've sure heard it a lot since then. It got a big laugh in the movie theater in which I saw the film, so it was probably a fresh line for a lot of people. Of course, it's similar to something that Desi Arnaz's Ricky Ricardo character *might* of said to Lucy, hence the disconnect.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The "Cup Noodles" is a new one for me I remember it as "Cup O Noodles". Also the fruit of the looms with no cornucopia. I could've sworn it had a cornucopia.
edit on 8-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
I've mentioned it before around here, but all my life I have had a mole on the middle of my neck near my Adam's apple. One day I noticed it wasn't there and questioned the wife and roommate about it. They were clueless and I was a bit distresses about it to say the least. Couple weeks later I wake up and it's back and they have no recollection of the conversation about it. Glitch? I dunno, but it was weird.

Now THAT'S more like it!
Not some half-assed ME like remembering a logo or lyric wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The spelling of dilemma WAS dilemna in my previous "reality." It was a favorite word and firmly reinforced over a lifetime. I am not the best speller, but this instance is different ... the word was spelt "dilemna" despite etymology pointing to a "mm" root... that incongruity was a "thing" about the word, too.

The Moonraker chick wore braces.

Also, some "celebrity" deaths have me stumped... for instance, I am as sure as a human can be that actor Richard Chamberlain (of Shogun and Thornbirds TV miniseries in the 1980s) came out as gay and suffering from AIDs in the 1990's ...and then died a public, much covered death. And no, I am not conflating him with Rock Hudson's similar demise. Chamberlain is still alive, apparently, now.

I have no real insight as to why ... and know human memory sucks and must be the real reason for these "glitches"... BUT (and that is a big, flabby, disorienting BUT) I cannot shake the certainty in my bones about a few of these instances.

Tra-la-la...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma
Yeah dilemna/dilemma is another one thats really got me wondering if ME is actually going on. Someone posted, in one of the ME threads, that they underlined the letter "N" with a note that it was silent sometime ago and that the side note and underline is still there just under the second "M " now.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Richard did come out as gay and died in my memories too .

Dolly did have braces as well.

I would love to crack the alghoritm of this !!!

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Wait, what??? Dilemna is really dilemma??? No, I can't take it. I've always passed this stuff off as faulty memory (even though I'm sure I remember Rickey saying Lucy had some splainin to do) but I'm sure that it was always dilemna, that's the hook that made that word stick in my brain. Damn.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

That "D" word is why I started paying any attention to this crazy topic in the first place.

I was absolutely sure that it was all dimwits and f*%ktards being confused about simple everyday things, as per usual... and then The DilemNa ... and now I, too, am a dimwit and f*&ktard.

I have many guesses as to why ... but no belief in any of them.

Oh, and Wickd (above) the guy who had underlined the N in "dilemna" with a note saying "silent" in his grade school dictionary was myself... or some version of myself... and now it underlines a second "m."

edit on 6/9/2017 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

No it wasn't me. I was juat saying it was some other poster who posted about their dictionary story in one of the other ME threads. Sorry if my post was a confusing read.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Well that's it, I guess I'm now in the dimwit and f*&ktard club too. This is more than enough to prove to me that SOMETHING is going on. I'm not even going to try to guess right now, my world is rocking too hard. Guess I'm going out to get a beer, and I was going to teetotal tonight too...

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Hmm in german it is spelled Dilemma but the english version as far as i can recall has always been dilemna. Come to think of it is the ME affecting other languages as well. I'm still looking for german examples but all i can find are the retarded new spellings in our dictionary. They changed alot over the years.

Okay that's weird. I just watched a trailer for Forest Gump in german and it is still the same. The german translation is "Das Leben ist wie eine Schachtel Pralinen" that means Tom Hanks never used past tense in his iconic line. F#ck maybe i shouldn't have quit watching movies and shows in german after all.

I would highly appreciate it if you and all the other members could tell me a few iconic movie lines that sound different to you now. I will check the german versions to see if and what changed.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Interesting, do you get "I love Lucy" over there?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Cinderella "Magic mirror on the wall". I think it use to be "Mirror, mirror on the wall".

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It may have been brought up, though the one that comes to mind is from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, "Luke, I am your father." Now it's "No, I am your father." (Darth Vader) What does German cinema say?

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Interesting, do you get "I love Lucy" over there?

Unfortunately YT has not alot of german dubbed episodes and the show was way before my time.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: wtbengineer

Wait, what??? Dilemna is really dilemma??? No, I can't take it. I've always passed this stuff off as faulty memory (even though I'm sure I remember Rickey saying Lucy had some splainin to do) but I'm sure that it was always dilemna, that's the hook that made that word stick in my brain. Damn.

That is spelled damm, now.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

It may have been brought up, though the one that comes to mind is from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, "Luke, I am your father." Now it's "No, I am your father." (Darth Vader) What does German cinema say?

The german translation changed. The f#ck? I never heard the "Nein(No), ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)." line before. I watched Star Wars countless times. It was always "Luke, ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)."

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

The german translation changed. The f#ck? I never heard the "Nein(No), ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)." line before. I watched Star Wars countless times. It was always "Luke, ich(i) bin(am) dein(your) Vater(father)."

Now that is interesting. Maybe ask a few German people what they remember?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join