It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Millennial I have never seen the economy as good as it is right now

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Can't say the same for rural Idaho. I am not getting up my hopes . I don't know what the stock market will do when they grasp no tax cuts from this dysfunctional Congress.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I can't help that you guys refuse to see how Obama improved the economy after the crisis in 2007.

Trump can take credit for inheriting Obama's economy but Obama can't point to the economy he inherited.

After the 2007 recession, things were so bad that Obama had nowhere to go but up. Mathematically, any improvement would have been statistically significant.

Instead of the markets rebounding as they are prone to do, we had 2 years of Democrat supermajority hammering the economy. But the time the GOP got some influence back in 2010 the damage had been done.

Recovery from 2007 should have been a simple matter of easing off the regulation and taxation pedals, but the government meddled too much and changed the business climate for years. What we are seeing now are companies adjusting back to a sane business-oriented government.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

What reality? That they raised their minimum wage, that they just introduced 3 years ago, by .34 euros. That's a bit difference compared to doubling the American minimum wage.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Trump has barely done anything to warrant the changes in the past 4 months let alone the past 4 years

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

I can almost guarantee that every single person complaining about the minimum wage barely made it through high school, didn't finish school, or took remedial classes and thinks that working 30 hours a week at McDonald's is a tough job. With exceptions of course.

I would not be to solid on your guarantee. Class warfare is used to make someone money.

It is like the tobacco companies telling the public all is good, infact using their product is good for you. They were lying. Lying to make $$$$.

I worked fast food for 4 years during High school-and during college. Very few people want to be there-and they work hard, are crapped on by their boss, by the customers, and by society. Yet we want clean, safe and affordable food. Al the while the media is telling us they "deserve" a low wage. But the owners of these low wage businesses deserve great profits....??? Something is a miss.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

You have never seen a good economy.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
What do you think?

I think this shows a stunning lack of understanding.
Under Obama, we had one of the longest uninterrupted periods of economic expansion in US history. That's why the economy is in good shape right now. Because the groundwork was laid over the past 8 years. Crediting Trump is silly. What has he done thus far to cause such a thing?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Obama's summer of recovery part 9 is finally happening.

Edit: Dry sense of humor, Obama failed horribly-summer-winter, it doesn't matter.

once again: under obama, we had one of the longest uni terrupted periods of economic expansion in US history. That's a weird way to supposedly fail. Maybe actually do research and check your facts instead of blindly believing idiotic talking points.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

How may people are needed to service the machines?

The fact of the matter is, there are too many people, or not enough living wage jobs.

We tell our selves this is OK cause they clean up our sh- or cook our food. That is unskilled, so very low paid.

The silliness starts with all the public assistance. Tunnel vision causes people to not see that either the business pays or the public pays-though taxes to medical-food-housing......

Now we can either stop paying to supplement low wages-continue on course.

Is there a better way?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Source please.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I don't know if it's Trump or what but I have literally never experienced the economy where it's at right now. There are so many jobs in my area the wages have gone up drastically. I check the boards on Indeed.com every once in a while and there are 25-50 new jobs everyday. Job fairs everyday. Of course not in IT which is my sector of the economy but I am not in an IT hot spot so that's to be expected.

One of the interesting things is that my area is a massive hub for industrial and warehousing (logistics). All the big retailers are here including Amazon. We sip to the entire NorthEast. Friends of mine who are looking for jobs right now have told me they are applying for jobs 17-20 an hour and getting called in for interviews the next day.

Source thingy bloggish

Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. said today that daily tonnage in May rose 5.8 percent from May 2016, due almost exclusively to a 5.7-percent year-to-year gain in shipment count.

People are buying and generally feeling more confident about the economy and I think Trump's message resonates with most Americans who live outside of NYC and CA. Impeachment or some other event with Trump could lead to a massive correction(very crashy bear market).

What do you think?

Except trump has almost nothing to do with the economy at this point in time.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Can't say the same for rural Idaho. I am not getting up my hopes . I don't know what the stock market will do when they grasp no tax cuts from this dysfunctional Congress.

Is that the same dysfunctional Congress that has managed to pass more Bills in the first 100 or so days of this administration than any since President Truman?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No unless you are trying to make this a Republican vs Democrat thing.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Regional differences aside, what you can expect from a Trump economy is just as bad or worse than what resulted from Sam Brownback's economy in Kansas. He slashed social services and education and gave huge tax breaks to corporations. www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would like to live where you are living....

I have a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and make 11 bucks an hour soon to be 12 an hour once I get my raise after 3 months....oh and my insurance, too!

This is pretty normal from what I hear.. people graduate college now and make between 12 and 15 an hour if they are lucky.

If you didn't go to college you will probably make between 7:50 and max out at 10 around here. This is first starting of course. Health insurance is absolutely mind numbing expensive no matter what it seems, too.

Things suck. You are young and naive if you think it is getting better. Things are ruined and ruined permanently too... better get used to having the off brand of off-brand cheesy poofs for dinner every night kiddo

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: kef33890

Get an admin job someplace like at a law firm. THEY usually pay DECENT.

Where in the WORLD do you live that pays so LOW?!!

If the pay SUCKS there -- then hey, why not MOVE to a new city/state ...?

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Nothing of Trump's economic plans have been implemented so the growth has nothing to do with him or any of his policies.

I know you guys don't like to hear it but the economy has been on the upswing for months now, it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Trump can't take credit for something he's (up to this point) had no say in.

Whoop there it is...I knew it wouldn't take long. Empty freight yards now full of coal cars ready to ship, full coal barge's moving out...not Trump

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Trump has barely done anything to warrant the changes in the past 4 months let alone the past 4 years

I didn't say that Trump has done anything to warrant the changes.

What I said was:

1) Any improvement looks significant because 2007 then Dem meddling makes *any* improvement look significant, and
2) The economy is reacting positively to an administration that is pro-business

Put those together and the economy looks like it is doing great.

It's never a good idea to place the merits or failings of the economy entirely on the shoulders of the President. For example everyone thinks Clinton was so great, but he had a truly conservative Congress reining him in, the blossoming internet and peacetime dividends from the end of the Cold War.
edit on 8-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I haven't yet read the whole thread but just wanted to say that 1998 through 2001 was when it was best for me as a digital/computer electronic technician. I use to keep an eye on the unemployment rate, which was printed daily in the papers, and it would be around 3.7 - 4%. They weren't even doing interviews. You just had to complete a competency test showing you know your stuff and you get hired on the spot. Well they would send you out for drug screening first before showing up at job site.
edit on 8-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Where are these jobs (name of states)? I've been out of work for 6 years and am desperate to find a place where the economy thrives. Wisconsin, at least in my area, is doing poorly.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join