It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Millennial I have never seen the economy as good as it is right now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yes a war tends to make the already wealthy, wealthier.

We have many reasons to not go to war, but the pressure for war is going to grow when the well runs dry.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, you missed it. It was "predicted" that you'd be along to dismiss the "Trump effect" with things that are clearly unfair to Trump, like facts, logic and reason.

Speaking of things that can be predicted, here's unemployment through the recession and recovery:

Of course that was all Trump too. The "Trump effect" extends backward through time.
edit on 2017-6-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Is that a massive decline in the labor force???

Looks like Obama crushed the labor force.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No, that's unemployment. The gray area is the recession.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

fred.stlouisfed.org...

Weird... I'm sure you will be along to explain how it's baby boomers dying (even though there are more Millennials than Boomers by a large margin)

I guess if it supports the narrative!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: JinMI

Well, the wages have to go up. The cost of living has massively inflated if they want young people to want to work they have to start offering wages and benefits that get them out of their parents house.

Someone who is math literate I can't stand it. It doesn't matter how much you make. It doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay. If CEOs used deep data mining and analytics to collude with each on wages and pricing, there's no competition to wring out any inefficiencies and the middle class wage quickly becomes a poverty wage.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The economy was better under Reagan, you used to make hundreds of dollars a month off the money in your checking account.

Those days are over, but the economy under Trump is looking very good.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The dysfunctional ObamaCare is pumping hundred of Billions of dollars into the economy. Most being obtained legally, and some obtained illegally. But it's flowing like honey!

link   
a reply to: xstealth

Don't think the interests rates are going to be going back up to that level again for a while.

Maybe if an invention happens that creates a new industry and there is massive private sector growth and high wages and lots of small business opportunity with limited government interference.

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Bingo-bullseye

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

The economy was better under Reagan, you used to make hundreds of dollars a month off the money in your checking account.

Those days are over, but the economy under Trump is looking very good.

Higher interest rates are good for investment, but bad for buying on credit. I got a V.A. home loan under Reagan. All of my friends were green with envy that my interest rate was a low, low 9.5%.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The economy was good under Reagan because the garage sale of the US's manufacturing base still had good pickins left.

Now all that is left in the garage sale is a box of stuffed animals, broken garden tools and a bean bag chair.

And yes Reagan helped advertise the sale with union busting and dribble down.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Or these kids could get a proper education and learn how to save money. So they don't have to rely on a minimum wage job to pay the bills.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

I know this debate let me simplify it -

I worked from the bottom you do it too!

It's always been this way!

Nothing has changed!

Work hard lazy scum!

-----------------

We don't want to work so someone else can have a Ferrari..

The dollar has lost tremendous purchasing power and minimum wage when you worked for it wasn't what it is now...

Not everyone can have a good job...

Yawn boring not doing it tired of it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Define proper.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The system is set up that you work for someone else, they pay you and also pay them selves some from your labor. But they also supply all the assets and other things it takes to run a business. It is a trade off.

You can (and I have) start your own business, it is a huge risk. And many fail, some succeed.

The future look bleak, the wealth gap is growing and in the US it is huge. What will change this?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Free market systems and anti trust laws being enforced.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The economy was good under Reagan because the garage sale of the US's manufacturing base still had good pickins left.
And yes Reagan helped advertise the sale with union busting and dribble down.

An air-traffic controller visited our college classroom in the Fall of 1981. He had just been fired by President Reagan. He was there to tell us about a career in ATC...but ended up crying. I felt really bad for him.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Labor force participation had been declining since a peak at the end of the Clinton administration. (I'm sure you'll be along to explain how Clinton was the greatest jobs president in generations?)

I went ahead and overlayed the graph you shared with another from FRED, the Civilian Unemployment Rate.

Notice how they don't track at all?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Can you expand-not a slight at you. Just clarify a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join