It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Millennial I have never seen the economy as good as it is right now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Great point.

The world not just asks for you to take out loans-it screams it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You must understand that some people have not been alive or in the adult world long enough to have ever seen things when they were better.

...And they were way better once...

And general mass ignorance has to be considered, and I mean no offense to anyone, but the truth is the truth.

I was just talking to my 80 year old aunt a little while ago about the economy. She blames people on welfare for everything bad in the country. I didn't even bother trying to explain fractional reserve banking to her, or the business loss deductions claimed by hospitals and every other corporation on the planet when poe people can't pay...

Tell me now, have you ever read or heard a corporation complaining about people on assistance?, probably not because they make money from producing all of that xit they supply.

Go figure how they get paid...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm glad we could find some common ground here. I think we're all more alike than we like to admit, whether good or bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

All you have to do is create more and more money to make it more and more expensive to produce the things people want and need, making it necessary to go into debt to get what you want and/or need.

Dat's Wut Da Banks Does.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: SBMcG

Reagan didn't have any executive or private sector experience either. He was an actor then California's governor, that's it veggie becoming president. Was he mediocre too?

Reagan was a GOVERNOR for 8 years. That's as "executive experience" as it gets.

Before that he was president of the Screen Actor's Guild. Obama was never executive anything. He was a lousy lawyer who couldn't make partner, he was a mediocre college instructor who was never offered anything better, and he never ran a business.

link   
It's one thing to have confidence in a thriving economy, but history shows over-confidence never leads to anything good.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The system is set up for constant growth.

I hope everyone can see a probable flaw with that.

And yes, we more than likely agree way way more than we dis.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

You left out a very important part-

No wage increase since the mid 1970's for the pee ons.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

One word-trickle down.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Constant growth in a finite space never really works out that well.

Really, if there are more and more people to do the work, eventually we wouldn't need to work more than a few hours a week to get everything done.

The only thing that constantly grows is the money supply, making the money less and less valuable as time goes by, making things worse and worse until a big change happens.

...Usually a war...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It's one of those things I have become used to, thank you for pointing that out.

The funny thing about that is it was right around the time the Mom's got rights and protections and joined the workforce, making a giant business sector develop called "day care".

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

The funny thing about that is it was right around the time the Mom's got rights and protections and joined the workforce, making a giant business sector develop called "day care".

Not to mention that the IRS could then tax a household twice.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oh course, it should be. It's being fueled by cheap credit, cheap debt and riskier and riskier financial moves.

Unfortunately, the real story is that you have bubbles in almost every market that can be traded. Once that bursts, it's going to get ugly.

Real ugly, real quick.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Real ugly, real quick.

Again

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Don't forget about people getting talked into buying overpriced plastic bags with the intention of throwing them away when they had perfectly good garbage cans, paper towels and disposable diapers...All right around the time landfills started leaking and the lakes and streams were all polluted with chemicals and garbage...

There was more, but I kinda lost my train of thought.

It was long ago when people began to become more air-headed.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: t

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It is good to hear good news in job growth and consumer spending.

I remember the 1990's And it was like the gold rush, everyone was working, and making good money.

Entrepreneurship was at it's highest in my lifetime, It was the start of the computers generation and many small business of every kind.

I also went into the Antique business and did very well. However that business is pretty much dead now, and so is the small mom and pops computer business, I see one, or two in my hometown, but the Geek Squad's from Best Buy's is where people now take their computers in for repairs and upgrades now.

After 911, the economy took a nose dive in our neck of the woods, but I have notice some small business opening up in our downtown area, and making it.

So yes, I agree we are definitely beginning to see the economy picking up.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Don't forget about people getting talked into buying overpriced plastic bags with the intention of throwing them away when they had perfectly good garbage cans, paper towels and disposable diapers...All right around the time landfills started leaking and the lakes and streams were all polluted with chemicals and garbage...

There was more, but I kinda lost my train of thought.

It was long ago when people began to become more air-headed.

Excellent point.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The economy IS NOT GOOD...

The key to a healthy economy is people spending and having confidence in the economy.

The rich playing the stock market IS NOT a gauge of a good economy, its demand

People are not spending

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They got no $$$$.

But they have a high deductible health plan.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You guys sure do love ganging up on people who share a different opinion.

The fact is Obama inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression, but you guys don't care about that.

Actually, I'd say Trump did.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join