It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Millennial I have never seen the economy as good as it is right now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't know if it's Trump or what but I have literally never experienced the economy where it's at right now. There are so many jobs in my area the wages have gone up drastically. I check the boards on Indeed.com every once in a while and there are 25-50 new jobs everyday. Job fairs everyday. Of course not in IT which is my sector of the economy but I am not in an IT hot spot so that's to be expected.

One of the interesting things is that my area is a massive hub for industrial and warehousing (logistics). All the big retailers are here including Amazon. We sip to the entire NorthEast. Friends of mine who are looking for jobs right now have told me they are applying for jobs 17-20 an hour and getting called in for interviews the next day.

Source thingy bloggish

Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. said today that daily tonnage in May rose 5.8 percent from May 2016, due almost exclusively to a 5.7-percent year-to-year gain in shipment count.

People are buying and generally feeling more confident about the economy and I think Trump's message resonates with most Americans who live outside of NYC and CA. Impeachment or some other event with Trump could lead to a massive correction(very crashy bear market).

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You ain't seen nothin' yet!!

Wait until they finally get the Repeal & Replace OC done and his Tax Reform policies implemented.

Also, already, they have found tons of waste, fraud, and abuse in many places.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I don't know if it's Trump or what but I have literally never experienced the economy where it's at right now. There are so many jobs in my area the wages have gone up drastically. I check the boards on Indeed.com every once in a while and there are 25-50 new jobs everyday. Job fairs everyday. Of course not in IT which is my sector of the economy but I am not in an IT hot spot so that's to be expected.

One of the interesting things is that my area is a massive hub for industrial and warehousing (logistics). All the big retailers are here including Amazon. We sip to the entire NorthEast. Friends of mine who are looking for jobs right now have told me they are applying for jobs 17-20 an hour and getting called in for interviews the next day.

Source thingy bloggish

Less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier Old Dominion Freight Line Inc. said today that daily tonnage in May rose 5.8 percent from May 2016, due almost exclusively to a 5.7-percent year-to-year gain in shipment count.

People are buying and generally feeling more confident about the economy and I think Trump's message resonates with most Americans who live outside of NYC and CA. Impeachment or some other event with Trump could lead to a massive correction(very crashy bear market).

What do you think?

It's not your imagination. I am a senior member of Generation X and only one other time have I seen the overall business climate this good -- 1985 - 1992.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Obama's summer of recovery part 9 is finally happening.

Edit: Dry sense of humor, Obama failed horribly-summer-winter, it doesn't matter.
edit on 7-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

You ain't seen nothin' yet!!

Wait until they finally get the Repeal & Replace OC done and his Tax Reform policies implemented.

Also, already, they have found tons of waste, fraud, and abuse in many places.

I'm calling it right now -- Obamacare will be allowed to collapse and will not be replaced.

That will give Trump and the 'Pubs carte blanche to massively restructure the tax code without having to worry about Obamacare Lite/Trumpcare.

link   

They will be here soon to deflect away from the 'Trump Effect' and give the credit to Obama or something.

link   
a reply to: seasonal

I hope you are kidding because my generation has suffered massively in the last ten years.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I can agree. It was pretty awesome in 1999-2005 as well. The difference this time around is that (in my area) there are lots more career type jobs as well as "work" jobs. From gas stations to restaurants to IT and skilled trades. Everything is booming.

Problem is, from what I'm hearing/seeing, is getting people to come to work, do the work and want to stay.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, the wages have to go up. The cost of living has massively inflated if they want young people to want to work they have to start offering wages and benefits that get them out of their parents house.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Of course i am kidding, and guess what not one of the officials that were elected during that time gives an F.

Remember the laughing Obama with the shovel ready projects? That money was sucked up like coke for an addict. Got nothing out of it, a Trillion+ Pissed away.

The stimulus was a huge political slush fund with little accountability. Obama credits the passage of his stimulus bill to people having no idea how Democrats were going to spend the money. Obama, Pelosi and Reid still maintain that doling out all the stimulus money saved jobs.
It did -- theirs. As recently as the State of the Union speech, they actually begged for more stimulus money -- $155 billion more. That is like burning down the hotel you got to stay in for free, then disputing your mini-bar charge.
www.christianpost.com...
edit on 7-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The level of corruption sickens me.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well, the wages have to go up. The cost of living has massively inflated if they want young people to want to work they have to start offering wages and benefits that get them out of their parents house.

I won't argue with that assertion. However I will say that you have to start somewhere and still survive until that happens. Living of my mother was never a viable, nor should it be, an option. Most of us have had to do things well below our pay-grade to get by for awhile.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Hey, if younger people are willing to take hits to fight for higher wages I'm all for it!

That's a VERY good thing about the economy and that generation, they are willing to fight back and accepting low wages isn't going to help.

They are essentially doing it with culture and not labor unions.

I think social media and seeing how rich people live has a lot to do with it. They see it all over TV and Facebook so they want it too.

It's a good thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Right there is where your wages are going.

You are supposed to shut up and enjoy your right to work.

And besides you are a millennial, get back to your phone, it misses you. Let the adults deal with this. Don't get involved. Trust us/them. Live in your moms basement, wear skinny jeans and a heavy neck beard.... Did I mess any stereo types?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

As I said, I don't take argument with that assertion. I've clawed to get where I am personally and really, it shouldn't have been that hard but, like many, if I wanted to succeed, it needed to be done.

I'm by no means where I think I should be and I bring it up to the management often. Problem being that things like taxes and insurance companies not to mention banks are pushing from the top down. Smaller businesses can only do so much to push from their end.

More jobs of varying quality and at a large quantity is certainly a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Nothing of Trump's economic plans have been implemented so the growth has nothing to do with him or any of his policies.

I know you guys don't like to hear it but the economy has been on the upswing for months now, it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Trump can't take credit for something he's (up to this point) had no say in.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Nothing of Trump's economic plans have been implemented so the growth has nothing to do with him or any of his policies.

Market confidence. It has quite a bit to do with Trumps administration.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The markets work on confidence.

link   

You owe me two cokes.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Only if there is Jack Daniels involved!