It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! mystery signal from space finally explained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This new explanation for the "wow signal' is far from conclusive. The emissions from the comets were much weaker than the wow signal, even when the difference in the two receivers is allowed for. Dr. Paris had to invoke a scenario in which the comet had lost much of it's signal-generating gas since 1977. While that's possible, it's merely speculation. The comet could have produced more gas, as comet often do.

Even more concerning is the failure of the Ohio State University 'Big Ear' radio telescope to detect the wow signal on subsequent days. Comets move slowly in space. If it was from a comet, they should have seen in again. They did not.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I didn't know hydrogen could be read as a radio signal.

I wonder if our thermonuclear warheads are likewise detectable from that far out.

Something you said here.....I think they were detected from that far out as evidenced by the sudden and vastly increased incidence of UFO reports right after our 1st tests.

Someone said (sorry, forgot who it was)...that the very 1st nuke test (paraphrasing here)..."ripped the fabric of time itself when we split the atom"...and rang like a doorbell throughout the Universe(s) to other life forms and species in the cosmos

Thanks Abysha
edit on 8-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

The nuclear verification process employed in monitoring Iraq and other nations via NATO and the United Nations uses these satellite joint detection systems (the NSA controls and tracks the data). Many articles concerning these satellites have already been written in specialty magazines (Defense Science and Electronics-for one). Any attempt to bring a nuclear device into our country would be instantly detected (not to mention the track of its mobile transport).

Once again, the major US media resorts to half-truths for the benefit of ratings: "Stay tuned for more on our impending annihilation!" their unspoken headlines read,

If an internal nuclear attack ever occurs in this country without a major failure of our satellite assets...perhaps we should rethink just who the enemy really is...

rense.com...

"The original Vela satellites were equipped with 12 external X-ray detectors and 18 internal neutron and gamma-ray detectors. They were equipped with solar panels generating 90 watts.

The Advanced Vela satellites were additionally equipped with two non-imaging silicon photodiode sensors called bhangmeters which monitored light levels over sub-millisecond intervals. They could determine the location of a nuclear explosion to within about 3,000 miles. Atmospheric nuclear explosions produce a unique signature, often called a "double-humped curve": a short and intense flash lasting around 1 millisecond, followed by a second much more prolonged and less intense emission of light taking a fraction of a second to several seconds to build up. The effect occurs because the surface of the early fireball is quickly overtaken by the expanding atmospheric shock wave composed of ionised gas. Although it emits a considerable amount of light itself it is opaque and prevents the far brighter fireball from shining through. As the shock wave expands, it cools down becoming more transparent allowing the much hotter and brighter fireball to become visible again.

No single natural phenomenon is known to produce this signature, although there was speculation that the Velas could record exceptionally rare natural double events, such as a meteoroid strike triggering a lightning superbolt in the Earth's atmosphere, as may have occurred in the Vela Incident.[3][4][5]

They were also equipped with sensors which could detect the electromagnetic pulse from an atmospheric explosion.

Additional power was required for these instruments, and these larger satellites consumed 120 watts generated from solar panels. Serendipitously, the Vela satellites were the first devices ever to detect cosmic gamma ray bursts." -wikipedia

In 1959, the US started to experiment with space-based nuclear sensors, beginning with the VELA HOTEL satellites. These were originally intended to detect nuclear explosions in space, using X-ray, neutron and gamma-ray detectors. Advanced VELA satellites added electro-optical MASINT devices called bhangmeters, which could detect nuclear tests on earth by detecting a characteristic signature of nuclear bursts: a double light flash, with the flashes milliseconds apart. Using Radiofrequency MASINT sensors, satellites also could detect electromagnetic pulse (EMP) signatures from events on Earth.

"Several more advanced satellites replaced the early VELAs, and the function exists today as the Integrated Operational Nuclear Detection System (IONDS), as an additional function on the NAVSTAR satellites used for GPS navigation information."-wikipedia

those satellites only detect after a detention tho haven't been able to find any info on detection systems pre detonation like the first article i quoted said they have...

eit: my bad reread your question and I seem to have misunderstood it at first I am not sure if our nuclear detonations would be that detectable that far out in space sorry...
edit on 8-6-2017 by HaurusTheShaman because: read the question wrong reply is offtopic

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've heard the same. Locally, the "ionosphere shakes like a bell" (IIRC) as the shockwave travels around the world. I think the Tunguska event went three times around the world.

Space-time, I'll have to go look that one up. I think I remember the same from somewhere. It'll give me something to do!

a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

This is still good info! All the lore around nuclear explosions is just good history, so thanks!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join