It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Automaton CRE2017 Non Writer

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

It began as a spark from the darkest of dark. It's presence lingered in the ether of time. Automaton was born. None knew how it came to be, something higher than itself gave it power over plenty that it might rule from above. Pacing slowly it watched it's desires form with repetition. When it began it knew nothing. Something became it's detriment as it looked towards the West and to the East. It planted it's feet from the North; it's footstool remained South. A spark from the Ultimate Source of Power was given to Automaton. It became God. And thus becoming God it became fascinated with itself. The Ego from within it became it's central focus.

Moments passed and now Automaton was in it's prime. Was there no end to what it could do? Thou knowest not what ye do, said the spark before it. A vortex of infinity swirled below it's feet and it saw 'all' in that one moment of truth as it branched out into many, losing it's control over 'self'. Automaton sought out the darkest hole it could in a vain attempt to retrieve what it had lost. This too was futile because now it had split into many, as it's mind lost control over it's own thoughts. The more it played the more it lost control over the 'all'. Automaton saw only the dread now of it's darkest mistake. A mistake that could never be undone. A mistake that would never be forgiven.

The power it had once lorded, now taken away by the spark that formed it. It became lifeless and deplored by those who encountered it's lies to self. There was no gain no moral no essence left upon the face of the deep. Only darkness and despair. Automaton once glorified, was now but a black mark on the face of it's own demise. And so, myth became legend.

The beginning and the end.
edit on 7-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: Autofix

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Hi RM,

Well done. Like the style.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Thank you for that bally00!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

Nice work!
I really liked the overall metaphor.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Thank you I'm glad you liked the story.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The Spark from the North invoked Automaton out of it's own self-less imagination. This was what lead to what we now call the original error. Automaton lacked 3 components -- wisdom, intelligent design and compassionate respect, this was by Automatons own hand. Having been given 'freedom of choice', chose wrongfully.

Automaton in all his glory had it all. Power, strength and glorification from it's own creation. But without the missing components, became unbridled in his self reflection, fixating on self reflectant desires. This was in essence, Automatons demise.
edit on 7-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Very nice, and I think you left it open enough to do even more with it in the future (perhaps a shorts series).

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Thank you, cool. I may delve towards that.
edit on 7-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Are these supposed to be pinned I can't tell, it's all up and up to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Thank you for the flag whoever you are

edit on 12-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think i'll expand on this, I've got a few ideas spinning around in my thoughts.

Automaton Sector II The New World

Thanks JD for planting that thought in my head!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
The Spark from the North invoked Automaton out of it's own self-less imagination. This was what lead to what we now call the original error. Automaton lacked 3 components -- wisdom, intelligent design and compassionate respect, this was by Automatons own hand. Having been given 'freedom of choice', chose wrongfully.

Automaton in all his glory had it all. Power, strength and glorification from it's own creation. But without the missing components, became unbridled in his self reflection, fixating on self reflectant desires. This was in essence, Automatons demise.

Wonderful! :
Good job with this story!

new topics

top topics

join