It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madrid Bans Manspreading On Its Public Transport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
First there are 2 very different definitions of this. Google is not your friend.

On to the story-After a culmination of many months of work and protesting against man spreading-it is now outlawed on public transportation in Madrid. This must really bother people, I never knew it existed.

For women in Madrid, this news has been the culmination of many months of petitioning and protesting against manspreaders. Mujeres en Lucha launched a viral petition campaign titled #MadridSinManspreading (#MadridWithoutManspreading), which was sent to Madrid's mayor, Manuela Carmena, as well as Madrid's regional president, Cristina Cifuentes. “Manspreading is the practice of certain men sitting with their legs wide open on public transport, taking up other people’s space. It is not something that occurs sporadically, if you pay attention you’ll see that it is a very common practice," the petition read.
www.cntraveler.com...

New York is also against man spreading. With the catchy (stupid) 2014 campaign of "Dude, please stop the spreading". The NYPD has actually arrested men caught man spreading on the subway-charges were later dismissed.

New York was one of the first major cities to openly campaign against manspreading on public transportation, when in late 2014 the "Dude, please stop the spreading" campaign was birthed by the MTA. As a result of the campaign, NYPD officers actually arrested men who were caught manspreading on the subway; charges were later dismissed. MTA Rules of Conduct prohibit passengers taking up more than one seat when doing so "would interfere or tend to interfere with the operation of the Authority's transit system or the comfort of other passengers."

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm certainly glad Madrid has solved all it's other problems...

Wow... I mean, yeah, it's annoying as hell, and I'm a guy...but really, spend public funds on an ad campaign against it?

I think I'll move to Madrid.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

And people wonder why do movements like MGTOW (Men going their own way) exist and why some Western men go overseas in search of a foreign bride.
edit on 6/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
In more brutal terms, Madrid mandates that men crush their own testicles.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why don't they just make being male illegal? Felony if you're white, of course.

Throw all the white men in jail and tack an annual "privilege surcharge" on the rest:

The Johnson Tax

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The problem is you can't say go F yourself, when they base laws of every little fricken thing.

There is a reason there are so many laws, so you can be nailed when "they" want where "they" want. It becomes impossible to be a lawful citizen.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Soon they will start bitching about "mankneeing" in which the man who has to sit with his knees together protrudes further into the aisle (because: physics) causing women and midgets the inconvenience of banging into the dude's knees when they try to get past.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Why don't they just make being male illegal? Felony if you're white, of course.

Throw all the white men in jail and tack an annual "privilege surcharge" on the rest:

The Johnson Tax

That would be the jizya wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
In more brutal terms, Madrid mandates that men crush their own testicles.

What if I get a doctors note?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Perhaps there will be a huge boon for Dr.'s. New patients will visit the Dr. and get a Dr's note to sit like a human male.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The problem is you can't say go F yourself, when they base laws of every little fricken thing.

Sure we can. If 100% of actual men stood up with both middle fingers in the air AND took the standard historically female tact of achieving opposite sex concords via strategic behavioral modification (Not tonight honey, my yambag is sore from the new 'knees together' law... Hon, I'd love to take out the trash and mow the lawn, but the new anti-manspreading law has my lower back in knots... Babe, I'd really dig use having your mom stay with us for a week, but there's no way I can get her room ready while I'm trying to unkink the anti-manspreading cramps in my calves.) we'd eliminate this horsecrap once and for all.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Pork knuckles is the new fad in Madrid.

Just google it.

Urban dictionary.

Your welcome.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Succinct, and to the point. Or the crush...**wince**.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Perhaps there will be a huge boon for Dr.'s. New patients will visit the Dr. and get a Dr's note to sit like a human male.

The European demographic is in such decline that threatening the fertility rates with this sort of thing will not help.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Are they really that bored that they come up with nonsense like this?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

This could be an easy fix.

Have all men just boycott public transportation.

I wouldn't risk my balls for a crappy ride.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I read the slogan was "Men-close you thighs while you are in our rides".

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, boycott your ride to work.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Can a man-doc explain to those who dont know that to not spread a little is harmful to your boys? Especially in hot weather.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, boycott your ride to work.

I think he meant buy yourself a personal rig. I have to admit I was sort of thinking the same after reading the OP. This is exactly why I drive a big old SUV.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join