It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The DOJ’s New Marijuana Task Force Kill Legal Weed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

In 1996, when serving as Alabama’s attorney general, he promoted H.B. 242, S.B. 291, a state bill to establish mandatory death sentences for a second drug trafficking conviction, including for dealing marijuana.

1987, the Supreme Court had completely banned mandatory death sentences.
Huffington Post
That’s some F# up S# right there, mandatory death penalty for selling weed?!?! It appears constitutional law is not Mr. Session’s strong point. I could never understand why some people absolutely hate cannabis, but death penalties for pot dealers? Wow!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

As a Trump defender, I don't agree with his stance on weed.

See it's not hard

It's about to be legal here in Toronto.

Which is great because I'm a regular.

This is Trump's stated stance.

TRUE: During campaign, Trump pledged to leave marijuana legalization up to states
www.politifact.com...

Which part do you disagree with?

I voted trump and the part I disagree with is sessions being a goddamn dinosaur klansmen who thinks people who smoke weed are bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

As both a Trump supporter and longtime supporter of Jeff Sessions. I have to admit it I strongly disagree with rolling back the Liberties thats been gained in the area of decriminalized Cannabis.
I would like to believe that if the report comes back in favor of decriminalizing marijuana, based on the New Evidence since it's become legal in certain areas, that sessions will imply his integrity and make the right decision.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yea I thought of pretty much that exact same scenario right after I hit reply on my comment.

Which sets up an interesting scenario: Trump said more than once that weed was a state issue, and that enforcement would not be a priority of his administration. Sessions' doesn't appear to be willing to toe the line on that issue. So does Trump go back on what he said, or does he get rid of Sessions already?

And that's not even getting into Trump's support of medical weed and Sessions' likening it to heroin.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
That's the thing that gets me though, all these politicians like Sessions are being paid very well by lobbyists from multiple industries to keep cannabis illegal.

Will they forego their own money for the federal government to rake in a little more?

I don't see that happening.

Valid point you make, but the way I see it, it has nothing to do with their money, it has to do with the states money. No matter what, people like Sessions will always aim at keeping it illegal. That's why they even use cheap manipulative tactics like saying people who smoke it aren't good people. Hell, I think even 50 years from now someone in politics will still be trying to make it illegal again.

In the end, though, I don't think it matters at all what they do, the states will fight to keep the money they're making. They've had a taste, and it tastes good. They won't let it go. Plus, it keeps all that money out of cartel hands. That's a good thing.

That's why I think it'll be a big, ugly mess.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I just mean his narrative that weed is bad for you. Unless he doesn't really think that? To be honest I'm not sure.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

In 1996, when serving as Alabama’s attorney general, he promoted H.B. 242, S.B. 291, a state bill to establish mandatory death sentences for a second drug trafficking conviction, including for dealing marijuana.

1987, the Supreme Court had completely banned mandatory death sentences.
Huffington Post
That’s some F# up S# right there, mandatory death penalty for selling weed?!?! It appears constitutional law is not Mr. Session’s strong point. I could never understand why some people absolutely hate cannabis, but death penalties for pot dealers? Wow!

Sick isn't it? Surely Trump doesn't feel that way?! He needs to drain this klan member out of the swamp.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would keep an eye on it, but it looks like his stance has always been leave it to the states.

It was however used extensively to manipulate the millennials into voting against Trump by the liberal media.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I think you know what I was talking about, worst case scenario is the don't give them federal funding, with the taxes the states collect from MJ sales, I don't think they would care.
I think this, much like Session's "mandatory death penalty", would also be considered unconstitutional.
Remember Trump's Executive Order to cut off funding to "sanctuary" states?

Trump Can’t Withhold Funds From Sanctuary Cities

In our federalist system, federal and state governments possess their own spheres of power. Consequently, in cases such as New York v. United States and Printz v. United States, the Supreme Court has made clear that states cannot be conscripted to carry out federal law. If the federal government wants to enforce federal immigration law, it must do so itself.
Enforcement would be up to the DEA in this case.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I would keep an eye on it, but it looks like his stance has always been leave it to the states.

It was however used extensively to manipulate the millennials into voting against Trump by the liberal media.

With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yea I thought of pretty much that exact same scenario right after I hit reply on my comment.

Which sets up an interesting scenario: Trump said more than once that weed was a state issue, and that enforcement would not be a priority of his administration. Sessions' doesn't appear to be willing to toe the line on that issue. So does Trump go back on what he said, or does he get rid of Sessions already?

And that's not even getting into Trump's support of medical weed and Sessions' likening it to heroin.

All interesting questions. Maybe the stories that are coming out now about Session's being dropped by the Trump admin are testing the waters to see what the public reaction would be?

Just in case Sessions decides to go through with something like a renewed war on cannabis, which would turn a good portion of this country against the Trump admin..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Another issue that Congress could fix.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Sessions going after MJ would be a yuge deal, I think.

Bigly yuge, even.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against.

That is a ridiculous comment.

Hillary is about as liberal as a pitbull on meth.

Nothing the "liberals" do has anything to do with liberation, it is quite to opposite.
Try and remove yourself from your "team" for once and think objectively.

The Clintons have a know record of causing damage to superpredators and filling prisons with their legislation.

A person outside, or appearing to, will always be a better choice, especially if they know how to do the math and balance a budget.

Anyone who has Sessions opinion needs to be removed from power immediately.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I call bs again ... they wont do it

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nothing the "liberals" do has anything to do with liberation, it is quite to opposite.

The Clintons have a know record of causing damage to superpredators and filling prisons with their legislation.

A person outside, or appearing to, will always be a better choice, especially if they know how to do the math and balance a budget.

Ridiculous, how so? Was Jeff Sessions not nominated by Donald Trump?

I don't remember any liberals nominating him for AG..

Trump did say he's only getting the "best" people, right? So obviously that includes Sessions, seeing as how Trump personally nominated him..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Let's see if he's still around by the end of next month.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Let's see if he's still around by the end of next month.

I sincerely hope you're right..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Ridiculous, how so? Was Jeff Sessions not nominated by Donald Trump?

I don't remember any liberals nominating him for AG..

Trump did say he's only getting the "best" people, right? So obviously that includes Sessions, seeing as how Trump personally nominated him..

Quit with the circle jerk word games.

"With Jeff Session's as AG, it looks like they were correct about who to vote against."
-Followed by a smiley face
Could you get any more arrogant?
It is supposed to be a discussion, not your echo chamber here.

So you think Trump knew his death to potheads stance?
I highly doubt it.
It sounds like he is done with him, so it will be sorted out soon enough.

The ridiculousness I am stating is that you actually believe Hillary would have a better stance on the subject.

And p.s. cutting your roommates basement weed doesn't qualify you for the medical MJ industry.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sessions stance on marijuana being very public shouldn't quite cause a huge alarm. He was going after traffickers and smugglers. He's not worried about you medicating IMO.

So knowing this, wouldn't it be safe to say that keeping any marijuana at bay from foreign places be a boon to the ever growing pot market, including the one in the OP?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join