It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our species may be 150,000 years older than we thought

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BACKFIREB
a reply to: face23785

Could it be that the human species originated on another planet like some theorists are advocating, like say a planet between Mars and Jupiter that some say may have exploded due to a war with another civilization ? the scars on Mars one side indicate a massive amount of destruction along with the Valles Mariner's the Grand Canyon of Mars that some scientists have creates a similar scar in a laboratory using high energy microwaves on a land filled landscape. Indicating possible attacks from enemy forces perused those who escaped from the doomed planet and fled to Mars and possibly Earth ?

Yea this sounds like a science fiction movie, but after all we like to speculate and I'm just repeating what I've read from some very serious discussions about where DID those asteroids come from in that belt ? most say a planet and why is Mars which might have been a Moon of that planet in such a damaged state at least on one side ? and until we finally know why not throw out " what if's " after water has been detected on Mars after it was always thought to be a totally dead planet, frankly I'm surprised NASA even let that out at all as I don't trust NASA ( Never A Straight Answer ) and never will. Carl

This is a real lot of psuedoscience and misrepresentation. There are indeed theories of panspermia, meaning life originated elsewhere and then was transferred here through any number of means, such as arriving on a comet or asteroid and surviving the impact. I saw a show a few years ago where they did an experiment proving amino acids could survive the temperatures and pressures generated in impact events.

This is a completely different story than humans originating on another planet and migrating here because their planet was dying. This is pure science fiction and there's zero evidence for this or even reasonable information to even suggest this as a plausible theory. In science you don't generate theories based on "wouldn't this be cool?" you generate theories based on observations. Nothing has been observed that would lend credence to such a theory. All available evidence points to humans evolving here.

There's also no reason to think the geological features on Mars are anything but geological features. There's no evidence indicating the asteroid belt is the remains of a planet that was "blown up" by some uber-violent warmongering ancient civilization. Is it within the realm of possibility? Sure, but as I said in science you don't generate theories based on "well this is phsycially possible so I think this is what happened!" The most likely explanation is that the asteroid belt is debris left over from the formation of the solar system that was prevented from ever forming a planet by Jupiter's gravity.
edit on 11 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
so we may be 150,000 older then thought .
now lests ee if we can get 150,000 older then we are .

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Que the Atlantis and/or Lemurian legends.

Tell you one thing humanity is possibly a hell of a lot older than we perceive.

And our notion of recorded history is but a tear drop in the ocean by comparison.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BACKFIREB
a reply to: veracity

One theory that has gained some attention is what if Atlantis wasn't an island at all but rather an enormous mother ship that landed in the ocean ? some say that there was thunder and great noise and storms and some fire but when all was calm that the " island " was gone not a trace was to be found.

It's not too hard with advanced technology any size ship could be able to land or take off using some form of anti gravity, The Japan Airlines pilot of Alaska flight 1628 in Jan 29, 1987 said the walnut shaped craft was larger than an aircraft carrier I doubt size matters when using this advanced technology that's one of the reasons no remains of any island has ever been found where Plato said it was. Carl

Very interesting.

There has been proof of a volcano in the area where Atlantis is said to be. The elements in this rock form proves that there was a volcano (there were 3) and then a flood right afterwards. Not sure why that is not proof enough but the skeptics know how to downplay it.

There are also many strange findings that are not on display at art museums bc no one knows what they are and where they came from. Im not saying these are artifacts from Atlantis but some could be?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join