It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our species may be 150,000 years older than we thought

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The finds are dated to about 300 thousand years ago and represent the oldest securely dated fossil evidence of our own species. This date is 100 thousand years earlier than the previous oldest Homo sapiens fossils.

Our species may be 150,000 years older than we thought

If this happens to be true, it is enormous and it can mean a lot of things.. It means that our species was around a lot earlier that we thought, and who knows what happened during these many years, what was built, what was destroyed, and so on..

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"They have no idea how old our species is"

Would be the most accurate scientific assessment of humans ever... would be.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Looking at the way the human immune system and our cells and mind work, I feel humans have been around for a very long time, maybe almost as long as Neanderthals. Where do you draw the line as to modern human evolution though, we did not look quite the same a million years ago, and we broke away from the neanderthals around the same time as other hominids did. So I would say from the evidence I read, that we have broke off from a preexisting Hominoid around two or three million years ago. That would be my guess by the evidence I viewed so far, I have read many many articles about this and I accept the conclusions of a couple of the scientists who study this, it seems most feasible. At least till more evidence is acquired. I am glad they still study this, I feel it is important to find where we came from.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry but there is already a consensus that homo sapiens evolved in Africa at an already established time.

Anybody questioning this established consensus is a science denier.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
To me, everything is just a theory or an educated guess simply because we don't 100% know most things, and that pertains to how old our species is. People taking anything as a fact are naive to do so because nothing is really concrete.
edit on 7-6-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I still say that we were around when Pangaea broke up - Great flood-babel- Everyone knew how to build in the same manner etc...
edit on 6/7/2017 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I remember, when about five hundred thousand years ago, there were this massive floating obelisks burning the crust of the earth, purifying it.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

How interesting is it that your handle is Deny Arrogance, yet you seem to be promoting it with this rather unreasonable statement. Science changes all the time and people are free to draw any conclusion they wish.

I hate to break it to you, but you are not an authority on all that is correct in this world. Speaking in absolutes makes you appear as if you know a lot less than you let on.

Btw, I am a science denier. Care to throw any ad homenims my way like you typically do when you are challenged? I need a good laugh

edit on 7-6-2017 by r0gueAgent because: No reason

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The most intelligent scientist's are now having a very hard time accepting human kind originated anywhere on earth...

Evolution is a fallacious argument based on imaginary constructs which keep getting shattered only to see its supporters scramble to quickly move the goalposts so as to maintain the illusion...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Bible school says Earth is 6,000 years old. So how can this be?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Did you goto Bible school in 1930?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Almost broke my sarcasm meter there...

On topic..

Anything that forces them scientific community to rethink its beliefs is a good thing in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

There was a scientific consensus that the world was flat until science proved it wasn't. There was a scientific consensus that we all started with the big bang until there wasn't. Any ground breaking scientist goes against the consensus. Doesn't make you a science denier. #ing people who worship science like it was a god.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Well if out of place artifacts are in fact real then its a lot older than 150k years.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

There was a scientific consensus that the world was flat until science proved it wasn't.
False. Erastothenes not only knew the Earth was spherical, he measured its size with surprising accuracy for his day, which was several hundred years BC. There has never been any scientific consensus of a flat earth. Maybe some commoners thought that, but not the scientific consensus.

There was a scientific consensus that we all started with the big bang until there wasn't.
False. Einstein didn't know of any big bang when he first published his general theory of relativity. When evidence for it was discovered, he adjusted his theory to match the data.

Any ground breaking scientist goes against the consensus. Doesn't make you a science denier.
True.

But scientists know that the fossil record is incomplete and fossil finds are largely a matter of serendipity so they are usually careful to allow for future discoveries. An extra hundred thousand years, though significant and very interesting, doesn't really upset existing theories too much that I can see.

The wikipedia article has already been updated (that was fast) and doesn't make a big deal out of it:

en.wikipedia.org...

According to genetic and fossil evidence, archaic Homo sapiens evolved to anatomically modern humans solely in Africa, between 200,000 and 100,000 years ago, with members of one branch leaving Africa by 60,000 years ago and over time replacing earlier human populations such as Neanderthals and Homo erectus. The most recent findings have pushed that date back as far as 300,000 years ago.
Apparently that last sentence was just tacked on today.

edit on 201767 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Those of us in the know understand the earth is flat contrary to what the the government wants us to believe.
A simple internet search will prove this true.
It's a conspiracy, and all fits right in with the illuminati's main goal of earthly dominance.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It's always good to see the truth finally come out even if it seems as if done by baby steps. Nice find op

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oaktree
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Those of us in the know understand the earth is flat contrary to what the the government wants us to believe.
A simple internet search will prove this true.
It's a conspiracy, and all fits right in with the illuminati's main goal of earthly dominance.

Boy, you'll just believe anything you read, won't you?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Oaktree

So you've got a picture of the edge then right? That's all it would take to convince people. One good photo of the edge of the flat/disc shaped earth and you would have billions of instant converts.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Just think Dinosaurs lived on Earth for almost 200 million years, (not counting birds) that's one full circle around our Galaxy before going extinct. Our species being 150,000 years older doesn't even put a dent in that, I wonder if we will make that full galactic trip.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join